Scunt

Why I will ALWAYS use PayPal to buy reps from Trusted Dealers

horo

Lesson learned here. I did just use a credit card for a purchase, not so concerned about safety but the fees and exchange rate was a surprise. 

Transferwise / paypal seems the way, unless do as above and deal locally.

tslims99

I recently purchased 2 reps by credit card with Trusty (first ever order from him) and the fees were 9.2%. This seems WAY too high to me (from 732 to 800). I've never had fees that high with TD's that I have used in the past. Is it just me, or he taking the mickey out of me a bit? Or am I just shocked that fees have gone this high in the 4 years since I last bought a rep?

pickledbeetroot
4 minutes ago, tslims99 said:

I recently purchased 2 reps by credit card with Trusty (first ever order from him) and the fees were 9.2%. This seems WAY too high to me (from 732 to 800). I've never had fees that high with TD's that I have used in the past. Is it just me, or he taking the mickey out of me a bit? Or am I just shocked that fees have gone this high in the 4 years since I last bought a rep?

I’d guess it’s fees from the cc company, use WU or Transferwise next time 

• Like 1

tslims99
24 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

I’d guess it’s fees from the cc company, use WU or Transferwise next time 

lesson learned. it stings a little bit, but it's only a flesh wound.

pickledbeetroot
16 minutes ago, tslims99 said:

lesson learned. it stings a little bit, but it's only a flesh wound.

Plus if it’s a crock of shit when it comes it’s much easier to do a chargeback when you pay by cc, you could say it’s a fake and not what you ordered at all 

jus sayin ;) 

tslims99
1 hour ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Plus if it’s a crock of shit when it comes it’s much easier to do a chargeback when you pay by cc, you could say it’s a fake and not what you ordered at all 

jus sayin ;) 

I mean, that would be terribly shitty. I did that ONCE many, many years ago after receiving multiple garbage, sending it back, receiving the same garbage(s) back, getting a mod involved on another forum which didn't help, and eventually just sending the shite back for good and charging back. I felt so, so dirty afterward. Even though it ended up okay for me- got my money back and didn't cause issues for anyone else on the forum- I really don't want to do that again. I will just take my lumps in the future; it's the nature of our hobby...but never say never I guess. There's always someone who has it coming.

pickledbeetroot
2 hours ago, tslims99 said:

I mean, that would be terribly shitty. I did that ONCE many, many years ago after receiving multiple garbage, sending it back, receiving the same garbage(s) back, getting a mod involved on another forum which didn't help, and eventually just sending the shite back for good and charging back. I felt so, so dirty afterward. Even though it ended up okay for me- got my money back and didn't cause issues for anyone else on the forum- I really don't want to do that again. I will just take my lumps in the future; it's the nature of our hobby...but never say never I guess. There's always someone who has it coming.

:lol:   Yeah man stick it to ‘em