vozax

Airport security and reps

GenTLe
13 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

There were a lot of people touting for tours and trying to sell you crap in Naples, and also beggars demanding money in Florence and Rome, in fact I had an argument with one guy (not Italian) outside the Pantheon trying to make my wife get her purse out for money - in front of the police too!! 

Yeah... We have some problem with immigration here... Thanks to those "wise" French and UK governs that messed up in Libia and killed Gheddafi to get their oil. I know Gheddafi was a dictator, but now there's chaos there, and being us the country nearest to them, imagine where these people try to go to escape (and not just from Libia, they come from the whole Africa).

Anyway, if at the next EU election Italians will vote (surely not me, but I know the feeling around here) some idiotic fascist party like the current one driven by that buffoon of Salvini, this is one of the main reasons.

deju

There will always be a slim chance of being stopped. This is more likely at the customs ‘nothing to declare’ area. 

Airport security are looking for banned items. 

Having seen the recent post about the issues a gen owner had during Basel world with Swiss customs. I will never take a watch travel case again abroad again though.  

I’ve walked through security/passport control/customs with 2 gens on my wrists and no one cared. 

No questions, no compliments, nothing. 

Can’t say it never happens but it’s definitely slim chance. 

Remember they are always looking for people who are out of place. 

On flights from DXB to GLA with our fail the young couples in tracksuits and designer luggage always get stopped.... :lol: 

Chiquita Fanjita
1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

Yeah... We have some problem with immigration here... Thanks to those "wise" French and UK governs that messed up in Libia and killed Gheddafi to get their oil. I know Gheddafi was a dictator, but now there's chaos there, and being us the country nearest to them, imagine where these people try to go to escape (and not just from Libia, they come from the whole Africa).

Anyway, if at the next EU election Italians will vote (surely not me, but I know the feeling around here) some idiotic fascist party like the current one driven by that buffoon of Salvini, this is one of the main reasons.

Yeah, I think they were African.  They were all nice until you politely tell them "no", then they get quite aggressive, so I got aggressive back and trust me he didn't want to start with a Scotsman in 34 degree heat who hadn't had his pizza and Peroni yet :lol: 

41 minutes ago, deju said:

On flights from DXB to GLA with our fail the young couples in tracksuits and designer luggage always get stopped.... :lol: 

Ohhh shit, that's me fucked then :sad: 

deju
19 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Yeah, I think they were African.  They were all nice until you politely tell them "no", then they get quite aggressive, so I got aggressive back and trust me he didn't want to start with a Scotsman in 34 degree heat who hadn't had his pizza and Peroni yet :lol: 

Ohhh shit, that's me fucked then :sad: 

I said young right? :rofl:

Chiquita Fanjita
18 minutes ago, deju said:

I said young right? :rofl:

Cheeky fucker!!  Is 41 not young anymore?  :lol:  I might be OK arriving back in GLA then :D 

Glaude
9 hours ago, alanArgon said:

It is not wrong to wear a Rep, you have consumer rights... moreover who is to proof that one had bought a Rep knowingly...

Just on that, like everything else in this thread as already been well said :

It is "wrong" in most countries and it's for you to prove it's a gen, not the other way around.

US Custom will, as a courtesy, let you keep one fake item of a lot, for each type of fake (10 fake bags, 10 fake reps, keep 1 bag, keep 1 rep) for your personal use, but that does not prevent any type of other measures against you.

But as people said, they mostly don't care, they mostly won't go further than seizing if they suspect you of trying to resell them

Oh and .. FUCKING @GenTLe now I'm hungry too ! :lol: 

n18lld
4 hours ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

@GenTLe you've got me hungry now :drool:

Thanks for the info mate, that Focaccia di recco looks amazing!!  Unfortunately though we'll just be from the airport to the ship and from the ship back to the airport in Genoa so won't really have any time to explore.  Those alleys look a lot like the ones in Florence.  I will definitely be trying the brioche con granita di mandorle in Messina.  That looks fantastic!  When I was in Rome I had the best pizza I've ever had, but heard Naples serves the best pizza in the world, so definitely going to try it there this year, along with a lot of affogato :D 

There were a lot of people touting for tours and trying to sell you crap in Naples, and also beggars demanding money in Florence and Rome, in fact I had an argument with one guy (not Italian) outside the Pantheon trying to make my wife get her purse out for money - in front of the police too!! 

See if he’s any tips for a quality lemon posset anywhere?

Chiquita Fanjita
3 minutes ago, n18lld said:

See if he’s any tips for a quality lemon posset anywhere?

:rofl: ohhh I love a lemon posset, washed down with some proper Italian limoncello :D  

alanArgon
11 hours ago, Glaude said:

Just on that, like everything else in this thread as already been well said :

It is "wrong" in most countries and it's for you to prove it's a gen, not the other way around.

US Custom will, as a courtesy, let you keep one fake item of a lot, for each type of fake (10 fake bags, 10 fake reps, keep 1 bag, keep 1 rep) for your personal use, but that does not prevent any type of other measures against you.

But as people said, they mostly don't care, they mostly won't go further than seizing if they suspect you of trying to resell them

Oh and .. FUCKING @GenTLe now I'm hungry too ! :lol: 

Thanks for the info!!!! 

Mystery Shopper
11 hours ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

:rofl: ohhh I love a lemon posset, washed down with some proper Italian limoncello :D  

Dandy :D

Adit

"....... The man tried to justify himself by saying: "I am a collector of fakes..."

Disgraceful!  Absolutely appalling! 

The word is "Replicas" if you please 

Honestly, some people! :rolleyes:

:D

Edited by Adit

JesseJames

US customs asked if I bought anything and I declared “just a watch” ($300 tissot for my wife). He said “it’s not a Rolex, or something with diamonds or a fake watch from China is it?”  

I smiled and said “no, it wasn’t that expensive”. 

But was a little surprised he specifically asked about a China watch.