disbthai

Watchsmiths/watch repair in the DFW area?

disbthai

Looking for a local watchsmith in Dallas/Fort Worth to get my rep watch  serviced as well as upgraded (pearl, lume, bezel etc). Any  good referral for me visit?

Thanks,

RLR267

Hoping someone has an answer - new to this game and I really hope to not need a watchsmith anytime soon, but if there is a reference out there, would like to hear it.  

Anyone have advice on asking a local if he will work on a Rep?  I would like to think it is simple as calling and simply advising "I bought a _____ Rep, need service, will you handle?"   

BadPickle
21 minutes ago, RLR267 said:

Hoping someone has an answer - new to this game and I really hope to not need a watchsmith anytime soon, but if there is a reference out there, would like to hear it.  

Anyone have advice on asking a local if he will work on a Rep?  I would like to think it is simple as calling and simply advising "I bought a _____ Rep, need service, will you handle?"   

Check out the trusted dealer list, there’s a US based repair guy listed.

as for local guys, yeah I kinda think it’s that simple, just ask... I’d probably ask with a little more detail though, maybe “I’ve got a watch with an Asian 2836 (or whatever) any chance you could take a look please” 

lest face it, in these trying pandemic times most are just glad to be working. 

best of luck and let us know how you get on 

RLR267

Thanks PickledBeetRoot.  I reached out to Katt who got back to me really quick and answered my questions.  My first Rep is on order - hopefully I will not need to send it to a smith anytime soon but now I know where I can go  if it needs a tweak or something.  I read all the Newbie stuff and paid particular attention to the posts about adjusting expectations so if it arrives shiny and near perfect I will be happy, and if it needs a small nudge in the right direction, I know where to go to make it make me happy.

Mystery Shopper

I'm glad you got onto Katt

Many in the US use his services.

Oascom

I could help :) shoot me pm :)