daz1107

Seiko Nissan GTR

daz1107

Hope it's ok to post these here, but please move/delete if not.

So we've been in Tokyo for a couple of weeks and stumbled into a Nissan store in Ginza (I'm a bit of a car buff as well as watches).  Saw the new Grand Seiko GTR 50th Anniversary edition watch in a glass case so couldn't resist having a little look.  The watch is stunning and from what I could make out, there are only 200 of them.  The price was 2,200,000 Yen (about £15,500)

Apologies that the photos are not great, but a strong light was reflecting off the case and I only had my phone with me to take the pics.

I've added a  pic of the car which goes with the watch, but none car buffs, please ignore!!

N1Ha2GX.jpg

AELWMEZ.jpg

7igyKYD.jpg

Del

No problem posting this here!

Both the watch and car have the wow-factor but I think I prefer the car on this occasion! :drool: 

Mkiv
7 hours ago, Del said:

Both the watch and car have the wow-factor but I think I prefer the car on this occasion! :drool: 

I agree, car > watch for sure!

daz1107

The car was amazing to be honest; the pic doesn't do it justice!! 

The white and red Nissan Fairlady (to its right side) was also really nice, but I didn't want to mention too much about the cars on a watch forum in case of a :ban1:

Monkey_Business

I've had the pleasure of joyriding in a GT-R. Fucking hell mate, the thing punches. 

GingerApple

That place is cool. That while area is cool! Did you get the pic of the concept car that was in the window? Fuck knows what it was, but it was incredible. I guess it might have changed since I went. Cool place though.

There were a lot of Gen watches that could be seen on people's wrists in that neighborhood too!

daz1107
2 hours ago, Gingercnut said:

That place is cool. That while area is cool! Did you get the pic of the concept car that was in the window? Fuck knows what it was, but it was incredible. I guess it might have changed since I went. Cool place though.

There were a lot of Gen watches that could be seen on people's wrists in that neighborhood too!

Unfortunately, there wasn't a concept car in the window, they had the first GTR in production, which looked really nice... In an old car sort of way! 

The area where this was (Ginza) is a very high end place, with many top designer stores, including watch stores.  And yes, there are many people wearing watches, which I presume were genuine. 

Should I win the euro millions, I would still be too poor to shop there 

daz1107
2 hours ago, Monkey_Business said:

I've had the pleasure of joyriding in a GT-R. Fucking hell mate, the thing punches. 

About 15 years ago, I was lucky enough to go to a manufacturers open day at Millbrook testing ground and was driven around the high speed bowl by a pro driver, in a GTR.  He restricted himself to 110mph as any faster, we wouldn't be covered under the insurance, but the car was amazing!! 

RussP

Great post.

Never saw a GS that I didn't like, until now :fearlessleader:

Both cars beat the watch, hands down.

roberto

I love a GS

But that watch is bloody awful.