SCShrek

Question for ALS Lange 1 lovers

SCShrek

Does any factory build or plan to build a good Lange 1 replica? I assume not or they would have been popping up but I did find a thread about a Lange 1 super clone that was supposed to pop up the middle of last year and Puretime had one posted that looked pretty good but has now been taken down. I asked the TD twice in a year if she could get and both times she came back with no so I assume that rep came and went.

Obviously the ALS is not produced like a Rolex or AP just because of demand but they have a great looking watch (in my opinion) and of the Lange 1's that are repped, they have glaring problems: the small date window, a zero in the 10s position of the date (01 vs  just 1), and what really tells is a day calendar rather than the  power reserve along the crown side of the watch. I dont know how the reps stack up to the physical dimensions of the gen.  I also assume that we will not get one until a factory DOES decide to clone the movement as none of the popular movements conform to the offset time and date of the Lange 1.

Members speak up if you know but I really hope some TD's see this and can share some insight. There are a lot of us, I think, that would love to get our hands on a good replica.

Thanks

Glaude

I would buy any decent Lange 1 rep in a heartbeat ! 

GingerApple

If a rep maker had to go to the extent of movement cloning, I'd prefer a Zeitwork....

ffuhcu

Angus from PureTime had said one of the makers was looking into it maybe a year or two back (SWF maybe) but abandoned the project, I think the movement didn't pan out. 

Glaude
On 29/04/2019 at 01:52, Gingercnut said:

If a rep maker had to go to the extent of movement cloning, I'd prefer a Zeitwork....

Not if they do a Zeitwerk like they did the MB&F but other than that I would be all over a Zeitwerk too ! 

FoxWilde

Love the Zeitwerk. 

98-F67339-CBD1-4992-9-F13-AB4-A57-CCEE21