Sign in to follow this  
Not Quite Dead

Dial Pegs - Help Needed

Not Quite Dead

So standard that I say of course I can change the battery in your Raymond Weil and as family I will charge you £2 for the battery not £50 for a £2 battery. Pops back off cleans it up (this is a clue) and changes battery. Nada. The old battery may or may not be knackered but it is still not working with a fresh sealed decent one.

Looking further I saw it seemed to have rust by stem hole in case and so decided to pop movement out. Not just water but also tile grout has got in and the watch movement has been eaten. Seeing it is a common quartz movement and not a RW specific one I look up replacement cost and it is £14. So a £750 watch has a £2 battery and a £14 movement - ok. So everything went went enough except one of the dial pegs has broken off and the watch does not have enough room for a dial dot that will not foul the date wheel or another moving part. I cannot see how I either fix a replacement in (tried superglue clamped overnight but no go on reassembly) or am i am looking for a new dial?

Any thoughts appreciated and I am going to stop volunteering now and just stick to modding seikos.

NCRich

You need a dial foot and some epoxy or gorilla superglue.  Cousins has the feet.

Not Quite Dead

Thanks - on it