Furryhobnob

Addiction when new.

Furryhobnob
My insurance claim was for £6500 less £500 excess, but lost about £1500 worth of reps that obviously wasn't covered.
I hope you've invested in a safe or something now?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

GenTLe

Like Elp, I also go through waves... Recently I've been in a "crazy buy moment" due to too much free time.

Currently I think I'm around 15 gen (all not more than 400$ each) and 90+ reps, some of them modded (but never "franken" as I don't really see the point to put hundreds or thousands of Eur into a watch that still is a rep), quite few of them that I've serviced myself as I love to take care of them if needed.

And all started from what can be considered a "DHGate" rep of a Cartier that I overpaid in the Istambul Gran Bazar in Jan 2014 and that I broke few weeks later due to lack of knowledge on what not to do with automatic watches :)

Furryhobnob
Like Elp, I also go through waves... Recently I've been in a "crazy buy moment" due to too much free time.
Currently I think I'm around 15 gen (all not more than 400$ each) and 90+ reps, some of them modded (but never "franken" as I don't really see the point to put hundreds or thousands of Eur into a watch that still is a rep), quite few of them that I've serviced myself as I love to take care of them if needed.
And all started from what can be considered a "DHGate" rep of a Cartier that I overpaid in the Istambul Gran Bazar in Jan 2014 and that I broke few weeks later due to lack of knowledge on what not to do with automatic watches
Wow 90 reps... Hats off to you sir

Glaude

Talking about addiction, and no sign of @cvp3 ... something is not right in here ! :lol: 

NFleischer

Hello and welcome. I also went quite nutty when I joined the fora in 2008. My problem is I can't seem to sell any watches (sometimes I'll give them away).

Now I have about 125 watches maybe 2/3 reps 1/3 gens. Everything from $50 cheapies to several higher end gens such as Rolex, Omega , etc.

Once bitten , it seems like the affliction becomes chronic.

Furryhobnob
Hello and welcome. I also went quite nutty when I joined the fora in 2008. My problem is I can't seem to sell any watches (sometimes I'll give them away).
Now I have about 125 watches maybe 2/3 reps 1/3 gens. Everything from $50 cheapies to several higher end gens such as Rolex, Omega , etc.
Once bitten , it seems like the affliction becomes chronic.
Wow do you have any photos of your collection? How do you even choose a watch to wear with that much choice?

Waspy
On 01/05/2019 at 09:39, Furryhobnob said:

I then bought a quartz omega moonwatch on the M2M here, one because it was cheap at 90 euros and 2 because of the correct subdial spacing. It's a beautiful watch and one I'm looking to upgrade from the quartz in the near future.

err....

VklaoF.jpg

Furryhobnob
err....VklaoF.jpg

I said subdial spacing not the actual subdials themselves, which seem to be wrong, I think on the rep automatic/manual winding movements of this watch the subdial spacing isnt comparable to the gen.  

Waspy
1 hour ago, Furryhobnob said:

I said subdial spacing not the actual subdials themselves, which seem to be wrong, I think on the rep automatic/manual winding movements of this watch the subdial spacing isnt comparable to the gen.  

You got a good excuse to buy a better version now :)

Furryhobnob

Haha I know, I wanted to try the quartz to see what it was like on the wrist, its lovely so will no doubt upgrade to a better one soon, going to wait for my IWC to arrive from kuvarsit first, if I don't like it in the flesh I might offer it to trade for a better moonwatch, or if I do like it get a better moon watch anyway, it's a win win for me, not so much for the bank balance!

NFleischer
8 hours ago, Furryhobnob said:

Wow do you have any photos of your collection? How do you even choose a watch to wear with that much choice?

I'll have to get a group shot soon. Some I wear a lot more than others. Sad to say a lot of Box Queens.

GulfGT40

I picked up my first rep on a trip to Thailand about ten years ago. That inspired me to buy a couple of gens but after a job change 12 months ago I picked up the rep bug. It just wasn't worth wearing gens in a  hands on environment. I've bought around 25 watches since and just love being spoiled by choice. 

Recently I've started re-inventing a few with different straps to keep it interesting. No signs of slowing down though, theres always something in the mail...

fatarms

I would love to own 30 or so watches, the list I have of watches I own and ones I want is around that.  I don't for two reasons really, first I just can't afford that much disposable income to be honest.  I have a 12 spot watch box and it's full at the moment.  I've lived by the one in, one out philosophy for many years now.  I've spent more than I need to on a franken 116710 and that'd be the last rep I sell.  The second reason is that I wouldn't feel like the watches I have were worth keeping if I only wore them once a month or so.  I like to wear the ones I have, so I keep the ones that appeal to me the most.  I guess those two reasons keep me in check.  Heaven help me if I get a better job though :lol:  I still have about a dozen and a half on my want list.