jp09

My first rep, PO 45mm

jp09

About 2 weeks ago I noticed (on Insta) a Seamaster on the wrist of a well-known TV personality.  As soon as I saw it, I fell in love with the look, I had to have one.  I own a gen PAM111 that I purchased in 2008, I love my Panerai, however I just don’t feel like wearing it every day.  I have lots of straps.  Anyway, I can be a dog on a bone and will go down the rabbit hole at the drop of a hat.  My search for a Seamaster was going to go just like that.  My budget didn’t allow for me to spend $5K+ on another watch, so I started looking for reps.  I can’t remember exactly how I stumbled upon your forum, but imagine my good fortune.  I setup an account (4/25) and started reading.  By the afternoon of 4/25 I identified a supplier (Trusty Time) and the rep.   

OMG0606 - Planet Ocean 45mm SS/RU Black Noob 1:1 SP Asia 2824 - $178 (Special price) 

I order the rep, and sent payment to Andrew less than 12 hours after setting up my RWG account.  Everything going as planned… 

Friday 4/26 9:23 am Pacific – I get an email from Andrew. “Factory called to inform that the stock of this item below is not available:  OMG0606 (The stocks for the promotion has ran out).  Please choose another item to replace and email me back ASAP.”  My first thought was, you fool.  I had just sent $208 dollars to China via PayPal and I am being told what I ordered isn’t available.  Andrew has a great reputation on this board, so my first move was to message an Admin, the first admin I could find (Elp).  Elp responded very quickly to my desperate email and calmed me down.  Elp listed three reasonable options for me to consider.  I went back to Andrew with a few questions, he offered some alternative rep, both requiring additional funds.  Here we go again…  I settled on, 

OMG0530A - Planet Ocean 45mm Cer Bez SS/RU Black JHF A2836 Mod - $348.00 

And again, sent funds via PayPal to China (fingers crossed).  After confirming this rep was available, of course.  On 4/28 I had QC images.  The rep looked great and I asked him to ship it.  4/30 I had DHL tracking info, and on 5/2 here it is. 

BIG THANK YOU to ELP 

I will say that the images on the Trusty Time’s site and in the QC images, the BEZEL and DIAL appear to be BLACK.  In real life they appear more gray than black.  Thoughts?

Edited by jp09

jp09

Well, that was very anticlimactic.  I uploaded photos, apparently not correctly.  Need to do some reading on that.  I hope to attached them soon.

jp09

Vke3nU.md.jpg

Vkear8.md.jpg

Vke5w3.md.jpg

VkkDzb.md.jpg

VkkEnd.md.jpg

VkkW5Z.md.jpg

VkkbfR.md.jpg

sunnydaze

Nice looking piece.  I am currently looking at the option with the Orange Bezel myself.  Thanks for the write up of you experience with a trusted dealer.

vbastos

Congrats for your purchase.
Use it in good health

Enthusiast88

Wear it in good health.. the ceramic bezel is the correct color. It’s not supposed to be pitch black, it has a grayish hue to it. 

elp

My pleasure @jp09; this is not a straightforward hobby, and there will sometimes be issues (otherwise I'd be out of a job!). You dealt with it all admirably, thanks for updating us and closing the loop.

It's a great looking watch, wear it in good health.

Mkiv

Looks good man, enjoy it.  While this one did cost a little more you also got a 2836 instead of a 2824, giving you the instantaneous date change.  Maybe it's just me but the movements that have the gradual date change bug the crap out of me. :D