gooner2826

Help identifying Submariner TT factory/maker

gooner2826

Hello all, 

Wondering if those with the higher knowledge on submariners (I have roughly -6) could help identify/give any clues on which factory made this sub I picked up cheap on m2m. 

It has an Swiss 2836 but the seller didn't know the factory either and I have 0 clue to what indicators/clues there are with these! 

Any help/direction is appreciated as always chaps 

IMG-20190503-100248.jpg

IMG-20190503-100252.jpg

IMG-20190503-110531.jpg

IMG-20190503-110540.jpg

black263

It's a Rolex.  It's a fake.  Nuff said for me.

gooner2826

Very true. Can't argue with that 

HorFan

The ceramic insert is AAA

Logixa

are you sure about the 2836?  it seems a 2813 movement or high beat version. You can tell by the triangle point on the hour hand.

Edited by Logixa

Rx4Time

Agreed.... doesn't know the maker, etc but is sure it's a ETA movement?  I'm doubtful looking at it.  Looks like a lower end one.  As said probably a 2813 in it.  I'd pass unless it's really cheap, then I'd still pass as it doesn't look like a good quality one. 

Enthusiast88

How the hell can you tell what movement it’s housing by looking at the hour hand or anywhere on the dial??  It could be a 2836. If OP knows anything about movements/bph then I’m sure he would have noticed if it was a low beat 2813 by now just from looking at the seconds hand. 

He said he picked it up for cheap, doesn’t look bad, ignore the haters. Wear it if you like it. 

watchnut

VMTBlb.jpg

This is the movement. I sold this a few days ago. I bought it originally from a trusted dealer on here a few years back. Got a good deal on it because they messed up a previous sale.  Glad it's gone to a good home.

Enthusiast88

Well.. there you have it boys.. nice looking 2813 huh :rofl:

porkypig2010
11 minutes ago, Enthusiast88 said:

Well.. there you have it boys.. nice looking 2813 huh :rofl:

That does look like it has a real cross not a Asian one like the lettering 28133

Logixa

@Enthusiast88 first of all, learn to stfu if you dont know what you are talking about. we are just stating the implicating conclusions based on his text and pictures.

Please take your time and read/watch subs in the rep world. ALL 2813 movement subs have a short triangle tip on the hour hand. This one does too. Based on that, there is major chance for it being an 2813 movement. While we are about the hands, look at them. They are of low quality, thus @Rx4Time's reaction of " Looks like a lower end one" is not misplaced. 

Next the bezel. Look at the bezel teeth. Its not deep. Thus, not a high end one. Again Rx4time's reaction of "lower end one" is not misplaced.

Look at the underside of sel's. Not sharp. Not high end.

Look at the crown logo. Too thick. Not high end.

We are not "hating" mate. He is asking information about it. We are giving it.

All that aside, @gooner2826 if you can get it for cheap and you like it, just take it,

Enthusiast88
20 minutes ago, Logixa said:

@Enthusiast88 first of all, learn to stfu if you dont know what you are talking about. we are just stating the implicating conclusions based on his text and pictures.

Please take your time and read/watch subs in the rep world. ALL 2813 movement subs have a short triangle tip on the hour hand. This one does too. Based on that, there is major chance for it being an 2813 movement. While we are about the hands, look at them. They are of low quality, thus @Rx4Time's reaction of " Looks like a lower end one" is not misplaced. 

Next the bezel. Look at the bezel teeth. Its not deep. Thus, not a high end one. Again Rx4time's reaction of "lower end one" is not misplaced.

All that aside, @gooner2826 if you can get it for cheap and you like it, just take it,

You can write all you want but in the end you were incorrect :) and who the hell are you to tell me to stfu? I’ve read for years i know enough, i think you are the one who needs to read up ;) blah blah bezel teeth blah blah hour hand triangle tip on hour hand, dude, stop while your ahead. You were wrong, theres no need to curse and get butt hurt over silly shit. You stated some bs and I corrected it, you learned something today, your welcome. You tried your best to give information about it (even though you failed) but he wasn’t even asking for info, he just wanted to know the fucking maker. And all you did was point out ALL of the flaws on the watch, and your still pointing out the damn flaws! Did you even read the damn post? OP already bought the damn watch and your still telling him to buy it if it’s cheap:facepalm: 

Let’s wrap this up. Were you wrong? Yes

Is it eta 2836? Yes.  

Peace! 

Enthusiast88
51 minutes ago, Logixa said:

AND I’m aware of all those flaws, once again he just asked for the maker not a lending hand to help nit pick

Cheers 

GingerApple

Lol, this is great.

@Logixa, if you'd only kept up your subscription, you'd have learnt enough about watches to get things right. Seriously dude, pony up the dosh!

:rofl:

Glaude

Yeah Logixa, can you just let the grown up talk seriously about watches ? :giggle:

porkypig2010
23 minutes ago, Gingercnut said:

Lol, this is great.

@Logixa, if you'd only kept up your subscription, you'd have learnt enough about watches to get things right. Seriously dude, pony up the dosh!

:rofl:

Yes it is eta2836 look at the cross and lettering 

gooner2826

By all admission, I couldn't tell the difference between a sel gap and the gap in my front teeth, however, I do know the difference between 21j and 25j. 

Taking the back off its a 2836 and I've paid ever so slightly more than DhGate pocket money for it, so a win win in my book. 

The post was purely out of interest to try and find a factory for it (if any)

Side note, I've got more compliments on it than any rep/gen I've owned. Guess as people who are into watches we look into the small details that less than 99% of the population can't tell eh! 

Enjoy the bank holiday weekend chaps.

fatarms

If you got it for DHGate money, then the movement itself is worth more than the price you paid.  That's a gen ETA 2836 to my eyes.  It meets all the criteria.

Logixa

:rofl: I'll just go back to not being present here 

Rokerite

"Smoke" on RWI who is the doyen of replica ceramic subs calls the ones with the "fat hour hand" like a Regmariner a Noob V1, i.e. it is the first attempt Noob had at making a copy of the ceramic Submariner.  An educated guess would be that because it has a genuine Swiss eta it is a Noob V1 from BK who swaps the movement  out as part of his "mods". To get a definitive answer though, start a thread on RWI and Smoke will tell you what maker/ factory it is.

gooner2826
10 hours ago, Rokerite said:

"Smoke" on RWI who is the doyen of replica ceramic subs calls the ones with the "fat hour hand" like a Regmariner a Noob V1, i.e. it is the first attempt Noob had at making a copy of the ceramic Submariner.  An educated guess would be that because it has a genuine Swiss eta it is a Noob V1 from BK who swaps the movement  out as part of his "mods". To get a definitive answer though, start a thread on RWI and Smoke will tell you what maker/ factory it is.

Appreciate it pal, we definitely head over there and ask the question 

Rokerite

Think he is on here as well as "Live1" or something like that, but only comes on when RWI is down I think.