sunnydaze

Tudor Black Bay 12 Marker has come loose...help!

sunnydaze

Went to wear my Bronze Tudor Black Bay today and realize the marker at 12:00 has come loose and is now floating around in the case.  Can this be fixed?  Anyone in the CONUS who can help me with a fix?

VxQnfQ.jpg

blueoysterboy

Gen or rep?

sunnydaze

Sorry, Rep

Mendes458

If its a rep I would just take the back off. Remove the stem (google how to do that don't know the movement there are a few different ways).

After you remove the crown/stem the movement with the face should come out and then just stick it back on with some glue. Then reverse the prosses but be careful putting the crown back in making sure you follow the instructions you used to take it out you can't just jam it back in. 

Also before you start set the hands to be at 6:30 so there not in the way when you glue it back on.

Edited by Mendes458
Its a rep

sunnydaze
20 minutes ago, Mendes458 said:

If its a rep I would just take the back off. Remove the stem (google how to do that don't know the movement there are a few different ways).

After you remove the crown/stem the movement with the face should come out and then just stick it back on with some glue. Then reverse the prosses but be careful putting the crown back in making sure you follow the instructions you used to take it out you can't just jam it back in. 

Also before you start set the hands to be at 6:30 so there not in the way when you glue it back on.

I would definitely screw that up and probably glue my head to something.  Any US watchsmiths around to help a newbie?

Mr_B
39 minutes ago, sunnydaze said:

I would definitely screw that up and probably glue my head to something.  Any US watchsmiths around to help a newbie?

You'd be surprised how easy it is to do, check YouTube 

NCRich
7 minutes ago, Mr_B said:

You'd be surprised how easy it is to do, check YouTube 

Its not that easy.  And it is exceptionally easy to screw it up.

porkypig2010
1 hour ago, sunnydaze said:

Went to wear my Bronze Tudor Black Bay today and realize the marker at 12:00 has come loose and is now floating around in the case.  Can this be fixed?  Anyone in the CONUS who can help me with a fix?

VxQnfQ.jpg

Take the movement out carefully and glue the part back in the small hole or take to a watchsmith.  I live in Chicago area can give you a great jeweler in new suburban area. I suggest you hack stop the movement as not to damage  the hands.

Look on YouTube for directions for repair this is a easy fix. 

blueoysterboy

Ummm, I'd listen to Rich.

sunnydaze
2 hours ago, NCRich said:

Thx, found someone who will help me out.  Not worth trying on my own.  Thx RGW crew

Mr_B
3 hours ago, NCRich said:

Not going to argue with you on that one as you do fettle and modify alot, but as long as you research what to do, step by step, it's not rocket science.

GenTLe

Of course it can be fixed.

1st advice: move the watch so that the hands are free to move and let the watch to discharge fully.

Then, if you have never worked on any watch search for an expert.

Otherwise, open the case back, remove the stem, take out the movement, let the marker to fall on a rag (don't pick it with tweezers as if you touch the dial you can damage it), prepare a little amount of 2 components Epoxy glue, put a SUPER*TINY* amount where the marker hole is on the dial, put back the marker and push it (lightly) with a toothpick.

Then reassemble all.

NCRich
35 minutes ago, Mr_B said:

Not going to argue with you on that one as you do fettle and modify alot, but as long as you research what to do, step by step, it's not rocket science.

What could go wrong? 

1) screw the keyless (cause you never did it before).  Sometimes it just happens no matter how carefully you push in that little button.

2) lose the triangle cause you aren't used to dealing with tiny stuff (still happens to me).

3) get glue on the dial either while applying the cement or while positioning the triangle.  Even better drop triangle whilst placing it and chase it around the dial smearing cement everywhere.

4) dislodge other indices of the dial while "fixing" it.

5) concentrate so much on placing the triangle correctly that you bend or knock the hands off.

6) screw the keyless while reinserting the stem (cause you never did it  before).

**throw watch against wall and curse**

Moral:  Learn on several cheap Gate watches.  Even after learning, you will still screw it up every once in a while.  I have a box of parts that bears testament to this.

Mr_B

Valid points. :thumbsup2:

GenTLe
5 minutes ago, NCRich said:

What could go wrong? 

So true!!!!

porkypig2010
28 minutes ago, NCRich said:

What could go wrong? 

1) screw the keyless (cause you never did it before).  Sometimes it just happens no matter how carefully you push in that little button.

2) lose the triangle cause you aren't used to dealing with tiny stuff (still happens to me).

3) get glue on the dial either while applying the cement or while positioning the triangle.  Even better drop triangle whilst placing it and chase it around the dial smearing cement everywhere.

5) concentrate so much on placing the triangle correctly that you bend or knock the hands off.

6) screw the keyless while reinserting the stem (cause you never did it  before).

Moral:  Learn on several cheap Gate watches.  Even after learning, you will still screw it up every once in a while.  I have a box of parts that bears testament to this.

I would have to agree with you.

I could not stop laughing, as I have done the above on shit gate watches . Now i go to a watchsmith. I just pay the price.

brang1
1 hour ago, NCRich said:

What could go wrong? 

please remove the bloody spy camera from my house sir! this is an out right intrusion of my privacy