Ferax

Omega Seamaster 300 VSF

GingerApple
7 minutes ago, Grey1970 said:

Thanks mate for your contribution and suggestion. That’s maybe what I actually need to hear.

Absolutely. It's not like you're comparing watches from two different factories. If you were, maybe that would make a difference. If for example OMF factory made the all blue watch and VSF made the grey/blue, in that case I'd recommend the grey/blue because VSF make a much better watch than OMF. But if you're just comparing the VSF in different colours, they're all very close to Gen and very good watches, so it's nothing more than choosing the one you prefer. When I look through the Daily Wrist Shot threads, there are people showing off watches that I wouldn't wear if I was paid, yet the owner loves it.

It's all about you buddy!

FudgyDocker
18 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Fudgy is the biggest cunt because he picked up the one I was going to buy M2M. Basically stole it from me. Prick. Not that I'm bitter.

Bullshit. You were too slow, rodent boy! Buy one from a TD, you tight cunt! 

GingerApple
2 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

Bullshit. You were too slow, rodent boy! Buy one from a TD, you tight cunt! 

Honestly, it's not that so much, but more that I'm a little unsure on whether or not I'll like it. But I think I will. I'll pick one up from a TD if I don't get one soon. To be fair, they're at the cheaper end of the super rep scale!

processengr

The 21J (~70USD) has a ceramic bezel, along with the wrong color datewheel, would be good for a trial run, before you invest in the very fine VSF...

49449900566_008243a6d0_b.jpg

GingerApple
8 minutes ago, processengr said:

The 21J (~70USD) has a ceramic bezel, along with the wrong color datewheel, would be good for a trial run, before you invest in the very fine VSF...

Not a bad idea, cheers :thumbsup2:

FudgyDocker
37 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

To be fair, they're at the cheaper end of the super rep scale!

I think Mary knocks em out for $328? If you don't like it, you can always flip it on M2M for a tiny loss (I've heard that before somewhere)

GingerApple
30 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

I think Mary knocks em out for $328? If you don't like it, you can always flip it on M2M for a tiny loss (I've heard that before somewhere)

She charges you $328!!?!

Wow, she doesn't like you much!

FudgyDocker
43 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

She charges you $328!!?!

It's only what I heard, hence the 'think'. Never bought from her. Every time I ask her for something, it isn't available.

Intresting
6 hours ago, Grey1970 said:

Hi...
I’m just about to order one from my TD but really in doubt between the grey/blue and the totally blue.
What’s your feeling and suggestions as owner?
With the rubber strap is perfect but I’m scared of the result with the as bracelet. It seems to me the blue dial fits better in both cases....but maybe I’m wrong.

Thanks in advance
Stefano

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

They all look good.  It just has to match the rest of your attire.   I prefer the grey/blue due to the contrast and the grey dial has a lovely sunburst effect.   either way I think you can't go wrong.

Grey1970
Absolutely. It's not like you're comparing watches from two different factories. If you were, maybe that would make a difference. If for example OMF factory made the all blue watch and VSF made the grey/blue, in that case I'd recommend the grey/blue because VSF make a much better watch than OMF. But if you're just comparing the VSF in different colours, they're all very close to Gen and very good watches, so it's nothing more than choosing the one you prefer. When I look through the Daily Wrist Shot threads, there are people showing off watches that I wouldn't wear if I was paid, yet the owner loves it.
It's all about you buddy!

Really thanks mate for your perfect explanation and support

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

PunkRockDoc
On 01/02/2020 at 09:54, processengr said:

49449900566_008243a6d0_b.jpg

Wow, that is actually one of the nicest low tier reps Ive seen in some time.

tribefan

The hype is real on these. I didn't get it until I had one in my hand.

qxwTY.jpg qxkos.jpg

• Like 4

Intresting

qJOWD.jpg

• Like 2

BravoDelta
1 hour ago, Intresting said:

qJOWD.jpg

Is this one of the $70 gate Seamasters? 

Intresting
4 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

Is this one of the $70 gate Seamasters? 

VSF.    I have 2 gate ones on order.  No movement on the postage.   Sad...

BravoDelta
4 minutes ago, Intresting said:

VSF.    I have 2 gate ones on order.

I shot the wad on another high end watch so I want to get the gate Seamaster for less $. My latest gate order yesterday says shipping by April 1.  :StraightFace:

Intresting
24 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

I shot the wad on another high end watch so I want to get the gate Seamaster for less $. My latest gate order yesterday says shipping by April 1.  :StraightFace:

Dam. 1 April.  Hope its not a joke!   Know what you mean.  The prices of reps are going to ridiculous levels.  The new iterations pushing $600.   Madness.   Its good AliGate quality has improved leaps and bounds.  Now will only buy TDs if the reps are exceptional.   The rest no reason to shell out so much dosh.  

GingerApple
7 hours ago, tribefan said:

The hype is real on these. I didn't get it until I had one in my hand.

NWBIG imo.

Fuck, I've become an acronym speaking, forum dweller.

GenTLe

I'm wondering if the rep dial is really ceramic or a well made metal one engraved with CNC and then painted :Thinking:

GingerApple
15 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

I'm wondering if the rep dial is really ceramic or a well made metal one engraved with CNC and then painted :Thinking:

Ceramic.

Edit - I have absolutely no proof or basis for saying that actually, but I do believe it's ceramic. It looks it!

Edited by TheGingerFerret
Cos I realised I'm asserting things I don't know

mmpu

Great watch

alx87

My watch has now arrived, VSF V2 black bezel.

Does anyone have recommendations for precision watch screwdrivers for adjusting the bracelet? Preferably off somewhere such as Amazon. 

GingerApple

I use Cousins who are the best - but they're not Amazon.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/screwdrivers-individual

Horotec and Bergeon are considered the best, AF Swiss not too far behind. I can't recall what size you need though.

Howitzer

I bought a Horotec 1.4mm that did the job nicely

• Like 1

alx87

Thanks for the recommendations, much appreciated.