Jump to content
Ferax

Omega Seamaster 300 VSF

Recommended Posts

strachan01

Was from Kevin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ferax

If you ask me - no. I bought it from a dealer that is not a TD here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raz13

Hi

 I am looking to purchase this watch but just want to make sure i am asking for the right watch. It is a Omega Seamaster 300 from the VSF Factory and is the V2 that i am after. I have provided a picture to the dealer who has confirmed it is in stock. I have always used a dealer that in more recent times is no longer a TD on here but i have always had excellent service from her (Connie at King Watch).

Is there anything else i should be asking to ensure i get the correct watch.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but i have tried to look and cannot see any other information.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
strachan01

So I received my watch yesterday and the quality is outstanding.  Like everyone else who has commented the watch looks different with varying lightning.

jwm6TXW.jpg

U7IupdB.jpg

WkV0z7q.jpg

EoSI8t1.jpg

Eex1WCn.jpg

pCGGU2P.jpg

Xbm7nSg.jpg

JiK6Hw4.jpg

ZClj0jf.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raz13

Very nice and looks amazing in the different lights.

If you don't mind could you share where you ordered it from?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mkiv
22 minutes ago, Raz13 said:

Very nice and looks amazing in the different lights.

If you don't mind could you share where you ordered it from?

Thanks

He got it from Kuvarsit, per his other post.

Edited by Mkiv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
strachan01

I ordered it through Kevin (Kuvarsit), he had $40 off this watch today in his Wednesday offerings too. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oscarmadfish

i say again BEAUTIFUL WATCH 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raz13

Excellent thanks for confirming.

Apologies i have seen that now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BoyRacer

I'd just like to add that I also received the same watch as @strachan01 from Kevin!

Just for info, it took 9 days from ordering to delivery (including 2 weekends) and the transit section was only 3 1/2 days which I think is pretty damn good. :thumbsup2:

Overall I'm extremely impressed with the quality of the watch - maybe not so much with the luminosity strength or persistence though. The hour hand IMHO doesn't appear to have 'enough' reflective material to allow it to 'energise' correctly, at least compared to some of the others who have posted.

Gripe over and on the lookout for my next purchase.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fatarms
33 minutes ago, BoyRacer said:

I'd just like to add that I also received the same watch as @strachan01 from Kevin!

Just for info, it took 9 days from ordering to delivery (including 2 weekends) and the transit section was only 3 1/2 days which I think is pretty damn good. :thumbsup2:

Overall I'm extremely impressed with the quality of the watch - maybe not so much with the luminosity strength or persistence though. The hour hand IMHO doesn't appear to have 'enough' reflective material to allow it to 'energise' correctly, at least compared to some of the others who have posted.

Gripe over and on the lookout for my next purchase.

 

Do you have a pic of your watch as well?  Just asking to see if yours is like his.  He has one of the hybrid V1/V2 models (V2 insert/pearl and V1 bracelet.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
strachan01

The bracelet is V2?

Edited by strachan01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BoyRacer
3 minutes ago, strachan01 said:

The bracelet is V2... 

As I understand it, the difference is the width of the centre links? I've just measured mine and they're ~5mm - is that a V1 or V2 strap?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
strachan01

Yup, middle link has to be broader than the side links. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
strachan01

XAbgX.jpg%22%20class=%22ipsImage_thumbna

V2 on the right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blueoysterboy
On 10/05/2019 at 06:00, TwoTonesBubba said:

They'll sing folk songs about me one day.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BoyRacer
11 minutes ago, strachan01 said:

XAbgX.jpg%22%20class=%22ipsImage_thumbna

V2 on the right

Hmmm. I've just measured the 5 links and they're 3,3,5,3,3mm but it looks more like the V1! Can someone please measure their straps and say if they're V1 or V2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGingerFerret
25 minutes ago, BoyRacer said:

Hmmm. I've just measured the 5 links and they're 3,3,5,3,3mm but it looks more like the V1! Can someone please measure their straps and say if they're V1 or V2.

Sorry, I don't have anything with which to measure. It's pretty obvious visually though:

2yosr9i.png

But even if you have v1, so what? If you can't tell the difference, what does it matter, it's still a lovely watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BoyRacer
40 minutes ago, TwoTonesBubba said:

Sorry, I don't have anything with which to measure. It's pretty obvious visually though:

2yosr9i.png

But even if you have v1, so what? If you can't tell the difference, what does it matter, it's still a lovely watch.

That's the thing though. I ordered from one of Kevin's Wednesday specials with this link which I believe has the V2.

My centre link is 2mm wider than the outer links but would like confirmation from other owners as to their measurements as it maybe should be more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
strachan01

Yeah we both have V1, disappointing but should have noticed in the QC pics. Quite hard to notice mind you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BoyRacer

Hopefully @kuvarsit will realise it was a mistake and sort out the correct straps as it could look like he was taking advantage of forum newbies otherwise? I’m certainly very disappointed as it wasn’t what was ordered......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BADBILLY
On 10/05/2019 at 05:00, TwoTonesBubba said:

I'm constantly tortured; bullied and oppressed by the authorities on here. I'm like Rosa Parks refusing to give up my seat on the bus for the white man or like the lone citizen prepared to block the tanks with his body in Tiananmen Square; doing what I know to be right, fighting for freedom and justice, yet constantly repressed by those who wield power inequitably.

But I'll keep fighting the good fight. They'll sing folk songs about me one day.

#PowerToTheDowntrodden!!!

Image result for wanker meme gifsI AGREE WITH YOU

Just now, BADBILLY said:

Image result for wanker meme gifsI AGREE WITH YOU

Dem dang home movies...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BADBILLY
On 10/05/2019 at 05:00, TwoTonesBubba said:

I'm constantly tortured; bullied and oppressed by the authorities on here. I'm like Rosa Parks refusing to give up my seat on the bus for the white man or like the lone citizen prepared to block the tanks with his body in Tiananmen Square; doing what I know to be right, fighting for freedom and justice, yet constantly repressed by those who wield power inequitably.

But I'll keep fighting the good fight. They'll sing folk songs about me one day.

#PowerToTheDowntrodden!!!

Image result for wanker meme gifsII AGREE WITH YOImage result for monty python repressed meme gifsU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BADBILLY

I have one ordered, will give the full report upon receipt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kuvarsit

Kevin arranged an answer for you @BoyRacer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×