Mr_B

DSSD Blue dial - which maker?

Mr_B

Does anyone know which factory does the closest to Gen colour on the DSSD blue dial? Not bothered about anything else on the watch, just the dial.

GingerApple

It appears to me that there are different Gen dial variations so I'd argue it depends on what you're aiming for. There seem to be some Gens that get black very high up the dial, almost level with the two and ten o'clock markers. Others get black level with the 3 and 9 o'clock markers, others still nearer the 4 and 8 o'clock markers. And different Rep dials mimic that from what I can see.

Glaude

READ THE FECKING NEW MEMBER POST !!!!

Ooops Sorry @Mr_B that was a Badapple panick attack :D 

Mr_B
14 minutes ago, VieuxRougeRance said:

It appears to me that there are different Gen dial variations so I'd argue it depends on what you're aiming for. There seem to be some Gens that get black very high up the dial, almost level with the two and ten o'clock markers. Others get black level with the 3 and 9 o'clock markers, others still nearer the 4 and 8 o'clock markers. And different Rep dials mimic that from what I can see.

Yeah I see that, been lurking at some RWI posts and it seems it's Noob winning on the dial front.

Jibuti

nice one, Glaude....

vbastos

Probably ARF

Mr_B
31 minutes ago, vbastos said:

Probably ARF

What makes you say that? 

vbastos

It’s very hard no notice the dial just by pictures. Angles and light conditions changes the way you see the dial. ARF overall build is really really good and very high quality. Those hands almost seem gen and the 904L bracelet is an absolute dream.
Gen dials seems to be different from batch to batch… so if you take the ARF dial together with all the rest… you will have an almost perfect rep.
You have to see it with your own eyes and feel it in your hands. Believe me, I have one (the last ARF version SH3135) and I got amazed when I received it :-)