Sign in to follow this  
rx2man

noobmariner to get cleaned took the guy a minute to realise with was Chinese

rx2man

I had my mother in law take the noobmariner to Serbia to get it cleaned as its cheap over there. The in laws are a funny bunch. We got my father in law a rep Tag chrono, the gen is quartz as well. Pops is so funny, he'll sit there and show it off and say something like "they could have bought me a car for what this cost......stupid kids or something". I did not want mom to take my noob to the local guy as the town is so small that the Tag would become suspect as not being Gen. Yes the town is that small. So she takes it to the next big city and forgets that it does not matter if its a rep or not. She gives it to the watch guy and asks abotu getting it cleaned. He looks at if for a good minute under magnification and finally says this is Chinese but he says its a really good copy. And then asks why are you getting a copy cleaned. Oh well just thought it funny that the noobmariners are sooo close that the guy wanted to make sure of what he was dealing with.

mspangl

LOl.. I bet the members of the rep fora know alot more about specific details :)

rx2man

I am sure people on the forum know more. The guy does not work on Rolexs as he did not have the Rolex case back opener. So it took him a min to be sure what he was looking at.

JohnG
I am sure people on the forum know more. The guy does not work on Rolexs as he did not have the Rolex case back opener. So it took him a min to be sure what he was looking at.

Well then he actually has a good eye. I sold a super sea dweller to a friend here, he took it to a watchmaker to have the bracelet sized. He told the guy it was fake. The watch maker said it was genuine. My friend said, "no, it is Chinese". The watch maker didn't believe him.

:picard:

NFleischer

Most of these old time watchsmiths assume something with an ETA movement is gen.

They don't realize how good the new reps are.

Member X

haha

Should have sold it to him and never returned :beer2: :P

(j/k!)

rx2man

Talked with wifey about it yesterday to find out if it got cleaned, mother in law went back and the guy did not want to clean it, he was affraid it might break. I am now wondering if the guy does any more than bands and batteries. He also said its not worth cleaning. A complete cleaining there is about $10-15, worth it to me!!!!!