MrHoroligy

Just really want a beer

MrHoroligy

So guys what do i do really want the old skool rootbeer but want a franken who would u go to and what gen parts would you use thanks in advance

deju

Gen parts - RWI / Repgeek / TRF / chrono24 

Mr_B

I much proffer the modern rootbeer and the GF is amazing out of the box, have you checked them out? 

MrHoroligy
2 hours ago, Mr_B said:

I much proffer the modern rootbeer and the GF is amazing out of the box, have you checked them out? 

Yes just the lugs look very thick but its just size is a factor 

GenTLe
2 hours ago, Mr_B said:

Link? I found only the BP: https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5597-gmt-master-ii-126711chnr-real-black-brown-ceramic-bezel-ss-rg-gmf-best-edition-black-dial-on-ss-rg-bracelet.html

MrHoroligy

I want the model from 90s  thats 2018 model

Chiquita Fanjita

203477-F6-499-E-41-E9-9447-9-C04-C6-ECFC

Glaude
35 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

203477-F6-499-E-41-E9-9447-9-C04-C6-ECFC

:lmao: 

FoxWilde

Yes he is a good TD. Never had that model so I don’t know how well it takes gen parts.

But your main issue is going to be the dial. No one makes it like gen, and gen is very pricey. 

MrHoroligy
On 14/05/2019 at 02:19, FoxWilde said:

Yes he is a good TD. Never had that model so I don’t know how well it takes gen parts.

But your main issue is going to be the dial. No one makes it like gen, and gen is very pricey. 

Would it be worth just getting a  gen crown and bracelet and leave the dial and fade the bezel 

Chiquita Fanjita

Is this what you’re after?

E27201-CB-E9-F7-417-A-BA13-138-C80-F38-B

FoxWilde
10 hours ago, MrHoroligy said:

Would it be worth just getting a  gen crown and bracelet and leave the dial and fade the bezel 

gen bracelet for sure. my opinion here: $700 for gold aftermarket jubilees and slap the Rolex clasp on it that ways it's not gold plated.

MrHoroligy
3 hours ago, FoxWilde said:

gen bracelet for sure. my opinion here: $700 for gold aftermarket jubilees and slap the Rolex clasp on it that ways it's not gold plated.

Thanks a lot for your opinion do u think a gen crown would fit?

MrHoroligy
13 hours ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Is this what you’re after?

E27201-CB-E9-F7-417-A-BA13-138-C80-F38-B

Yes  exactly that is lovely wat factory is that im really jealous  now aha

Chiquita Fanjita
9 hours ago, MrHoroligy said:

Yes  exactly that is lovely wat factory is that im really jealous  now aha

It's a Franken.  Sure its got a gen dial, hands, DWO and bezel.  It's not mine, it belongs to a moderator next door on RWI, but I've seen it first hand at a GTG - in fact that pic is of it on my wrist.

GingerApple

Isn't it strange how different tastes can be. I wouldn't give you $20 for that franken. In fact, I wouldn't wear it for a day for less than $50. It makes me think of the very worst excesses of the 70s. And it reminds me of earwax, lots of earwax. One man's treasure and all that. I think that watch would cause me less discomfort if it was melted down into the base metal, cast into two enormous nails, with each nail then hammered through my eyeballs; at least I wouldn't have to see that fucking monstrosity ever again.

Anyway, enjoy your journey!

Chiquita Fanjita
43 minutes ago, VieuxRougeRance said:

Isn't it strange how different tastes can be. I wouldn't give you $20 for that franken. In fact, I wouldn't wear it for a day for less than $50. It makes me think of the very worst excesses of the 70s. And it reminds me of earwax, lots of earwax. One man's treasure and all that. I think that watch would cause me less discomfort if it was melted down into the base metal, cast into two enormous nails, with each nail then hammered through my eyeballs; at least I wouldn't have to see that fucking monstrosity ever again.

So tell us how you really feel about it!

MrHoroligy
9 hours ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

It's a Franken.  Sure its got a gen dial, hands, DWO and bezel.  It's not mine, it belongs to a moderator next door on RWI, but I've seen it first hand at a GTG - in fact that pic is of it on my wrist.

Its very nice whos is it next-door and ur a lucky man then

9 hours ago, VieuxRougeRance said:

Your entitled to your opinion i think its beautiful