Nikosaldente

Print your own Dials

Nikosaldente

Here's an interesting link to a video I thought it would be nice to share:D

Cheers!

cosmic2000

Hi Nikosaldente,

thanks for sharing the video. I am always looking for techniques to design custom dials and this is a real interesting method.

Cheers c2000

SCShrek

I saw a video doing the same transfer but the guy used an iron instead of a stove.

BIG GRUNDY

VERY Interesting....thanks for sharing.

NCRich

Very cool.  I think I'm going to give it a shot.

Glaude

That's pretty nice, even if you don't have the same thickness of "print" as with a pad printer you still get a nice inked effect on the printed part that stay on the dial !

Nikosaldente

Thanks guys!

I was looking for a method to do a custom printing on a Pilot IWC Homage I have!

The problem with mine and I think with many of yours is that the Dial is Black and I want the printing to be White:sad:

How about solving this issue? :Thinking:

SCShrek
7 hours ago, Nikosaldente said:

Thanks guys!

I was looking for a method to do a custom printing on a Pilot IWC Homage I have!

The problem with mine and I think with many of yours is that the Dial is Black and I want the printing to be White:sad:

I have that same type situation except I want to put my teams logo on a watch that carries the correct colors. I think this would work fine. 

deju

Very cool could be worth playing about with to personalise things

VMSG

Very cool, thanks for the link mate!

cosmic2000
14 hours ago, Nikosaldente said:

Thanks guys!

I solved this problem in the past by choosing a veeeeeery light yellow instead of white. My printer does not print white coulor. But light yellow is similar to white and covers black.

Glaude

It's impossible to print white with standard printers.

You can buy specialized printers that work with white ink, but I don't think they exist in laser (might be wrong, don't quote me on that)

Best solution would be to see with a local printing shop if they can do it for you, or try to play with the yellow as suggested (good idea if there's no white elements around, if they are you'll notice that it's yellow by contrast )

cosmic2000

That's right, Glaude, once you use light yellow, all has to be like that. But I speak of 4% yellow, so the difference to white  is hard to tell.

MD12112

Thanks. Amazing

Theviking

Mark is great, love his channel, thanks for the share.

Edited by Theviking

GenTLe

Nice Video Nikos :) I'm not a fantasy watch/dial guy, but I'm thinking that could be used to create nice date wheels.

I already did some test in the past but it was on plastic paper to be glued on the original date disk (like a DWO) and that was problematic due to the difficulty to properly cut the disk out (especially the internal circle), plus the inkjet printer wasn't fit for that (now I've a b/w laser one). With this system you can put the numbers directly on the DW, once cleaned from the old paint/numbers and re-sprayed with some white paint...

cosmic2000
48 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

I already did some test in the past but it was on plastic paper to be glued on the original date disk (like a DWO) and that was problematic due to the difficulty to properly cut the disk out (especially the internal circle), plus the inkjet printer wasn't fit for that (now I've a b/w laser one). With this system you can put the numbers directly on the DW, once cleaned from the old paint/numbers and re-sprayed with some white paint...

Brilliant idea to use it with date wheels.

Cheers

Nikosaldente

This is the watch I have and I  want to print the "IWC SCHAFFHAUSEN"  underneath the 12

20190221-103955.jpg

Like the Gen:

iwc-vintage-pilots-hand-wound-watch-iw32

chobbes72

oh this is pretty cool! 

Bertus15
2 hours ago, Nikosaldente said:

This is the watch I have and I  want to print the "IWC SCHAFFHAUSEN"  underneath the 12

Duh reading from the top is hard.

Edited by Bertus15
I'm a dumbass

bobandshawn

Love this guy. Been following for years...

B

herkplt

That's quite interesting.

narikaa

Look closely

Print%20your%20own%20Dials%20-%20Watch%2

Methinks a cute way to play Russian Roulette with your dials

SCShrek
31 minutes ago, narikaa said:

Look closely

Methinks a cute way to play Russian Roulette with your dials

Really the only option without a pad printer though or big $$$ to have one done by some company. The other video, I'll see if I can find it and post it, where the guy is using an iron instead of an oven, slowly peels it back and if the toner starts to lift, he reapplies the heat to make sure it transfers. 

Nikosaldente
1 hour ago, gwbmcse said:

Really the only option without a pad printer though or big $$$ to have one done by some company. The other video, I'll see if I can find it and post it, where the guy is using an iron instead of an oven, slowly peels it back and if the toner starts to lift, he reapplies the heat to make sure it transfers. 

If you find it, please post it here....