So, I decided to buy a cheap Tudor sub that I could play around with and try and age a bit. I wanted cheapy cheap, but apparently cheapy cheap now comes with a more expensive, less correct movement, but what the hell, I bought it anyway. It turned up like below. Notice the brand new, white pearl compared to the yellow markers because that becomes an issue later on.  The bezel insert was also horrible irl, very new and shiny looking, a lot more so than in this photo. All in all, a pretty horrible watch.    I had a look around for inspiration and found the watch below that I quite liked on Chrono 24.       I decided to keep things simple and just make my bezel insert look a little less new with bleach, trying to get a slightly blue hint and that would be it, job done. I've previously had a nightmare with my only other attempt to bleach a bezel. I'd previously heated bleach in a microwave and inserted the bezel, only for ALL of the paint to immediately disappear leaving shiny, new steel. So this time, I took things slowly. I started with a heavily diluted mix of 1 part bleach to 9 parts water. I dipped the bezel and fuck all happened. I tried with progressively stronger solutions, but nothing. Eventually I progressed to neat bleach. This also did nothing. I then started rubbing the bezel with my finger whilst submerged in bleach and finally I started to see a tiny reaction. Five minutes of rubbing and I had what I was looking for, a slight inky blue/black hue, hard to capture in photos, but when the light hit it correctly, it was great. So that was it, pop the bezel back on, job done, pics as below. Much better, especially irl.     So what I should have done was leave it there, I'd basically achieved what I was looking for and I liked it. Just stop GB, stop! But no. Because although it doesn't look too bad in the pic above, the pearl was still shiny white and new, like the pic at the top of the page; it just looked silly. So I looked online how to age a pearl and apparently you just bake it in the oven. Whack the oven on high, throw the whole insert in, 30-60 minutes later, out comes a nice, aged/yellow pearl. Simples! You'll all be delighted to know that it didn't quite work that way. After being baked for an hour, the pearl went slightly yellow. It does look a bit better, of that there is no doubt. Sadly, and here's the kicker, the insert also changed slightly............ ............ ........ .... ... . I now have a pink tropical insert.   Behold, the beauty of a GB Mod!!!! If anyone wants any modding done on their watches, just hit me up, my fees are very reasonable. Very.  

Although I've already ordered a replacement insert, it's actually growing on me!!!! I might even keep it like it is, my piece unique!!!! GB: Master Modder!