r4zv

A better way to search for Chinese homages and replicas

r4zv

Hello!

I got frustrated with the lack of filters for rating and case diameter (I have thin wrists and most Chinese watches are huge) on Aliexpress, so I built this simple search tool: https://www.homagefinder.com/search.php

I also keep a track of homages, and this is my database so far: https://www.homagefinder.com/listallhomages.php

There's a form you can use to suggest which watch a certain watch homages. That way, it will be easier to find it later on, and you'd also be helping other people.

Please let me know if you find my site useful and if there are any features you'd like to see on it.

• Like 1

Glaude

For those wondering, no this isn't a spam, it's a legit good initiative !

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-general-discussion/7607194-an-easier-way-to-search-for-chinese-homages-or-replicas

Man, you should put a simple adsense banner at the top or bottom of your page, this hard work is worth some ad revenue !

Question : Did Aliexpress provided an API or did you rig up some crawler by yourself ? Could you extend it to DHGate for example ?

In your homage listing, you can also take a look at the brand "GOER" they have a lot of "homage" they, for example, have a Patek Grande Complication (or Gondolo) homage

r4zv

Thanks!

Aliexpress does provide an API, but I only found out about it after I wrote a crawler by myself.

I could extend it to DHGate. I was actually considering extending it to Amazon, since I figured that the other Chinese websites should list the same watches but, since you suggested DHGate, I guess they don't.

I'll look into "GOER".

GingerApple

It's alright guys, I speak geek; let me translate:

Geek 1: "I coded something for Ali..... it's great.... feel free to use it."

Geek 2: "Honh Honh Honh, bonjour, garlic garlic, did you waste a lot of time coding it yourself or did you use the free tool they provide to make it easy?"

Geek 1: "Shit....."

• Like 3

r4zv

OK, I just laughed a bit. :D

deju
31 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

Geek 2: "Honh Honh Honh, bonjour, garlic garlic, did you waste a lot of time coding it yourself or did you use the free tool they provide to make it easy?"

:pmsl: 

Glaude
4 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

:lmao: 

Geek 2 sounds like a right asshole, which country is he from ? 

API = doesn't mean no coding, just mean they give you some tool to help with it, but you still have to do the work

4 hours ago, r4zv said:

Thanks!

Aliexpress does provide an API, but I only found out about it after I wrote a crawler by myself.

I could extend it to DHGate. I was actually considering extending it to Amazon, since I figured that the other Chinese websites should list the same watches but, since you suggested DHGate, I guess they don't.

I'll look into "GOER".

DHGate offer sometime other homages but I don't know if they have an API

GingerApple
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

API = doesn't mean no coding, just mean they give you some tool to help with it, but you still have to do the work

[yawn, no one cares].... I still love you Glaude, can you be my mentor, I so love you ! I'm a jerk but I can't help it !

Edited by Glaude

deju
29 minutes ago, Glaude said:

I can't believe you just Mansplained Ginger :rofl:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mansplaining

Glaude
58 minutes ago, deju said:

I can't believe you just Mansplained Ginger :rofl:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mansplaining

Not my fault, everything intelligent said to him, is mansplaining... 

r4zv

Would you guys find it useful if my site also included the watches on Amazon.com?
I'm thinking it might be nice to have all the mainstream and Chinese brands in the same place.

BadApple

If ever the Homage watches come with poor instructions this chap will help..... 

black263
On 20/05/2019 at 14:30, Glaude said:

:lmao: 

Geek 2 sounds like a right asshole, which country is he from ? 

DHGate offer sometime other homages but I don't know if they have an API

This looks fascinating and something I'd like to try.  Can you give me a guide how to do this on my sinclair spectrum?

• Like 1

ShovelnTC

I'll subscribe to this thread and maybe at some point I will work out what the fuck is being said here.

r4zv

The site now has a lot more products on it, and a lot more homages in its database.

Glaude recommended I look into the "GOER" brand, but I can't really figure out which watches they homage.

If you would kindly submit some suggestions by going into the results here: https://www.homagefinder.com/w.php?gender=Any&brand=goer&display=Any&quartz=1&automatic=1&handwinding=1&wr=0&minrating=Any&minnrratings=Any&caseshape=Any&casematerial=Any&glassmaterial=Any&bandmaterial=Any&clasptype=Any&minprice=&maxprice=&mindiameter=&maxdiameter=&minthickness=&maxthickness=&minbandwidth=&maxbandwidth=&minbandlength=&maxbandlength= and clicking the "None found. Please click here to suggest one. ", I'll add them to the database too.

Edited by r4zv

r4zv

You can now also filter the watches by color.

When there are multiple versions of a certain product, my script checks if the seller mentioned any colors in their descriptions, which they don't always do. However, I think this should be useful.

Griffo

This is fantastic - thanks for putting it together. 

texr4ti

Good stuff right here. Thanks! 

r4zv

"Bronze" is now a search option for both the color and the case material.
I also fixed some bugs and added a bunch of homages.

Edited by r4zv

fencerepee

Great tool.  Thanks. 

brang1

can you create a tool to find  Straps Buckles etc for brands?

Theory1611

Awesome tool. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

r4zv

I haven't worked on it in a while but, since it's 11.11 again, I'll just write this to bump up this thread a bit. :)