Sign in to follow this  
LouboutinLove

How are J12's sized?

LouboutinLove

Does anyone know how J12's are measured? I can't decide between the 33mm or the 38mm from Lay so I measured my current watch (the glass is 31mm wide and from the edge of the bezel either side is 38mm) to compare, but I don't understand whether 33/38mm on the Chanel refers to the width of the glass, or the bezel, or something else enitrely? If someone knows or could measure their own that'd be great. :Whistle:

Luthier

The only overall diameter of the watch matters. Not a glass diameter.

LouboutinLove
The only overall diameter of the watch matters. Not a glass diameter.

So when Chanel say a watch is the 33mm model, they mean it is 33mm from side to side on the whole face, inc. the bezel? Like a whole case measurement?

houndoggie

33 mm is a woman's size. 38 mm is a smaller man or larger woman size. Case size is measured at the widest width of the case from 3 to 9. If you are a man, 38 mm is at min. what u want.

Balad1

There you guys go stereotyping people.

What if the OP is gay or a midget?

Luthier
So when Chanel say a watch is the 33mm model, they mean it is 33mm from side to side on the whole face, inc. the bezel? Like a whole case measurement?

Yes.

LouboutinLove

Thanks everyone! Yes, I am female haha! But from reading the threads on here women seem to wear both sizes so I was unsure. I think I'm going to go for the 38mm since although I have fairly thin wrists I'm 5"8 and I think the 33mm might look a bit lost on me.

Edited by LouboutinLove

gtwc
There you guys go stereotyping people.

What if the OP is gay or a midget?

or a butch lesbian................

a hairdresser, an interior designer............

or someone who likes poodles.........

houndoggie
Thanks everyone! Yes, I am female haha! But from reading the threads on here women seem to wear both sizes so I was unsure. I think I'm going to go for the 38mm since although I have fairly thin wrists I'm 5"8 and I think the 33mm might look a bit lost on me.

38mm will be fine. A little more of a bold look. Though, my wife is 5'9 with thin wrists and she wears the 33mm version.