Psssniper

Large wrist? Can't find an extra link for that Pelagos?

Psssniper

Once again I'm searching for an extra link or two for a recent purchase. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't depending on the popularity of the watch in question. Recently acquired a Pelagos and of course, even when its adjustable clasp is maxed out, It ain't gonna fly.  The Pelagos has some spring adjustment. I can't figure out what it does for the wearer except leave a bracelet impression on your wrist, but it does offer a solution to the bracelet size. Sure you could stretch that spring and squeeze into the thing but you don't get the nice loose watch on the wrist movement that I personally like. Solution? Put a spacer of some sort in to hold the adjustment where you need it. I cut up a thick old leather band to 10mm x 15mm and popped it in. Cheesy solution?  Yes it is. Does it work? Yes it does.  So until I can find the "missing link" I'll live with this.                    Edit to fix cm to mm, yeah so metrics not my native language!

VoIaSU.md.jpg

VoIBt3.md.jpg

VoI5Q8.md.jpg

Edited by Psssniper

Glaude

Nice trick ! Thanks for sharing !

Rx4Time

Love your macgyver fix!  wish I had an extra link to offer. 

Psssniper

The 197-203 mm wrist size is a pain in the arse!! I can never get a watch out of the box that fits without adding links or making my own straps. Finding links is a hit and miss affair, (although I think I have a Pelagos link and some Tudor BB links on the way from somewhere in Europe!) Usually I'm scrounging links off ebay or buying entire bracelets just to acquire a couple links and spending stupid money in the process.

Thanks @Glaude and @Rx4Time! Hope someone finds this McGyver fix useful.  I noticed at RWI that there were a handful of people looking for a Pelagos link so I posted there as well.

We should start a sales sub category just for links :daffy:

GenTLe
13 hours ago, Psssniper said:

The 197-203 mm wrist size is a pain in the arse!!

I feel you... 19.6cm and all the straps below 120/80 are small :(

SCShrek

I feel you too...21cm (8.5in) minimum bands and bracelets for me. Currently trying to hunt down links for the GMT jubilee. The TD says GMF only sells the whole bracelet and since it's 904L, it only costs $185.  Not gonna happen. My hand can turn blue for all that worth.