Sign in to follow this  
bilbohobbit

Oris Vintage watch

bilbohobbit

Hi everyone ! 

I have purchased an Oris vintage watch for about 63€. Is it worth less ? More ? I don't know i can't find the exact model right now on the internet. Was it a good deal or should i cancel it ? 

2akcl5j.jpg%20

Theviking

Not worth it, you can pick these up v cheap on eBay (from India), there was a post on these somewhere here in the site last year I think. Have a search for it.

KarmaToBurn

I don't recognize the model. There is a chance that it is one of the many re-dialed HMT watches that have been coming out of India. I know they make Oris, Favre-Leuba, Heny Sandoz and Enicar dials. Check out any of those brands on ebay and you'll see a bunch of colorful models that are all coming out of India.  

tonyh7

If the dial/case/plexi look too good - like they were made yesterday - that's because they probably were. At best these watches are franken. Real vintage watches tend to show signs of age that these don't have. fwiw I have a couple a HMT (which cost £10) and a 'Rado' which I paid £60 for while pissed. 

RussP

That's definitely an Indian made Oris.

As others before me have opined, unscrupulous Indian based Ebay sellers are churning out these watches by the hundreds and eBay is conveniently turning a blind eye to the practice that has been occurring for many years now.

Hopefully your sample will last a few years without trouble.