Howitzer

Howitzer's collection

Howitzer

So (I think!) I've finally arrived at my ideal six watch box, although the eagle-eyed amongst you will note that there are actually eight in total. Let us not nitpick. Either way, I thought it was about time I did a collection piece, as I always enjoy getting an insight into other members' addictions collections. 

I started buying reps many years ago, mainly very cheap and frankly godawful Panerai and Bell & Ross from random online dealers and the odd local purchase when on holiday. I have also been lucky enough to have had many nice gens along the way, most of which have had to go to pay for real life. These include a Rolex 16750 Explorer II, Breitling Superocean 42 red, Tudor Black Bay blue, a blue and a black Pelagos, Bremont ALT-Z/Si, Corum Bubble Privateer (easily my coolest ever watch, although not easy to pull off in every day life...), another Corum Bubble Diver, a Squale GMT Tropic, various Seikos, including an original Cocktail Time, and many others I've long forgotten about. 

Having stumbled on RWG around 18 months ago, both my eyes and the proverbial Pandora's Box were opened. The level of replica watches that were available frankly shocked me, and I have been gradually working my way through all the ones I like the look of until I have reached this point. Now, the more active members will know that I am restricted to a certain extent by 'er indoors, probably a good thing, and having bought me a six-slot box for my birthday, the (her) limit was set. I've tried all manner of watches and styles, but as you will note, I have something of a penchant for diver-style watches with oyster-style bracelets. It's not like I haven't tried other watches, but I've given up fighting my preferences. That said, I have tried to go for at least some variations on that theme. I wanted to be in a position where I could go to my collection in the morning and genuinely have a tough decision to make about what to wear for the day ahead.

Anyway, here we go... 

Group photos:

Vow0De.md.jpg VoweNT.md.jpg
VowVy6.md.jpg VooA8q.md.jpg
VoomBG.md.jpg Voo4ey.md.jpg

The gens:

Tudor Black Bay 79220N - my precious. A very generous wedding gift from my wife. I agonised over whether to get this version or 79230N with in-house movement but so glad I opted for the limited run 79220N. It has almost doubled in value, so a good investment as well as a beautiful watch. 

VooXqa.jpg

Casio G-Shock DW5600BB - always wanted a G-Shock, but the Mudmasters etc are just too overblown in my eyes. I love the stealth look of this one, and at around £57 delivered it's an absolute bargain. 

VowckK.jpg

Casio "Royale" AE1200WH - Had to have something retro, and had I known my arse from my elbow, this would have been a grail as a youth. Looks great, has lots of useless but schoolground credibility inducing functions, and James Bond had one similar. Picked this up for about £23 I think, another absolute bargain. This is also my only modded watch! Kind of. I removed some of the case text and it looks much better now IMO. 

VowQHL.jpg

The reps:

Tudor Pelagos M25600TN (V6F V4 with Miyota) - had a gen two-liner (as well as a couple of earlier reps) of the Pelagos and just love the tool-tastic aesthetic of this one. The titanium is nice and low key for everyday wear, plus it's light and very comfortable. Looks good with shorts and t-shirt or under a shirt cuff. My go-to daily driver. 

VowuH0.jpg

Tudor Pelagos M25600TB (V6F V2 with A2824) - as above but a more summery option, and provides much needed colour variation. It is my oldest current rep and the one watch I always think about selling but immediately decide I will never get rid of within five minutes of putting it on. 

VowKeF.jpg

Tudor Black Bay GMT (ZF) - Really, really love this piece, which has also had the most compliments of all the watches I've ever had, rep or gen, and I will one day get the gen to hand down along with the BBB to my boys. 

VowpBr.jpg

Rolex Deepsea Sea Dweller 116600 D-Blue (ARF V2) - the final(?) piece in the puzzle. Really wanted a Rolex in my collection (having tried and sold many 5 and 6 digit models) but also wanted something a bit different to the standard Sub and, how should I say, a statement piece. This definitely qualifies. Wears great despite the size and just looks the absolute business. 

VowvNI.jpg

IWC 3777-09 Pilot Chronograph (ZF) - the second oldest of my current collection and very much the odd-one-out of the box dwellers. I love the look of the watch, and it fulfils the chrono requirement too. Another one that will be with me until it suffers a catastrophic failure, and I will just replace it like-for-like.

VowIyo.jpg

Thanks for reading this far down! Oh, and I know I need to synchronise the two digitals.....

The End. 

Or is it....

BIG GRUNDY

I honestly have your same 'style'.  Love the watch collection

Theviking

Very nice selection, thanks for sharing.

deju

Love the James bond style Casio!

Howitzer

Thanks gents, very happy with my lot :D

brang1

beautiful collection, love that first Tudor, gorgeous

CollieWobbles

Nice collection, thanks for sharing.

VMSG

Nice collection mate!

GingerApple

About as lovely as an eight, sorry six, watch collection gets. You stylish bugger!

museguy

Dear @Howitzer,

Thank you for sharing your lovely collection.  All the best !

Jackal5

What a beautiful collection. Thank you for posting. Think you've made me now want to get a BB. I'll also purchase that black G-Shock. Very stealthy.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Moondustesp

Great collection you have. Enjoy

NCRich

I think this is old.  Nice watches though.

Jasonbaylee

I would like to thank your wife in presenting such a generous gift to your wedding day n permitting you in this hobby !!!

She deserved to be praised as u had received alot here ...

FunnyStarSystem

Please tell us you had a diamond bezel on that Privateer!

Good stuff all around, as this was semi-necro'd has anything changed since? We won't tell the missus...

Howitzer

Thanks for all the comments but @NCRich is quite right, this thread is definitely out of date: 

QBOS2.md.jpg

:cry: 

Howitzer
20 hours ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

Please tell us you had a diamond bezel on that Privateer!

Good stuff all around, as this was semi-necro'd has anything changed since? We won't tell the missus...

Ha, no, it was the "standard" one. 

• Like 1

k4jun

Those Pelagoses look totaly gen, you made me to want one :D

Howitzer
3 minutes ago, k4jun said:

Those Pelagoses look totaly gen, you made me to want one :D

Every collection should have a Pelagos :) That's why I'm desperately clinging to my blue one! 

• Like 1

sharkman07

Would the plural of Pelagos be Pelagoses or Pelagi..?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

GingerApple
8 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

Thanks for all the comments but @NCRich is quite right, this thread is definitely out of date: 

Think of the positives! It makes choosing a watch each day an easier process, plus there's plenty of watch buying to be had once the coronavirus madness calms down.

BravoDelta
11 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

Every collection should have a Pelagos :) That's why I'm desperately clinging to my blue one! 

I would be happy with either color of those Pelagi. 

10 minutes ago, sharkman07 said:

Would the plural of Pelagos be Pelagoses or Pelagi..? emoji1.png

:lmao:

sharkman07
:lmao:
Always wondered what a more exciting plural of Panerai is too rather than Panerais, Paneraiai? Any other suggestions?

BravoDelta
1 hour ago, sharkman07 said:

Any other suggestions?

I think it's already plural ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1

Howitzer
1 hour ago, sharkman07 said:

Always wondered what a more exciting plural of Panerai is too rather than Panerais, Paneraiai? Any other suggestions?

Panereses.

• Like 1