jtimewatch

WHO HAS THE BEST SUB: Review of ZZF New Sub 116610 LN and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF, Noob and Nail (PART II)

Caspar

Funny how the edged crown looks way off on the gen compared to the rest hahaha

BravoDelta

:popcorn:

Superreubz

Hi,

Great review.

Looking forward to buying my first Sub and this review certainly helps.

Thanks 

Edited by Superreubz

boxingwhitedog

Brilliant. Thanks so much. Love studying this site - so worth it.

Rozza72

All i can say, as a noob, is that all the differences between the various manufacturers means that if i want the best i can get, it will mean doing  some sort of franken job or accepting which ever flaw the factory i go with has (which i will prob always ‘see’ and therefore it will irk me…i know that sounds obvious but from my noob perspective its a bloody nightmare. I know the only perfect sub is a gen, but does not help lol. Why do i have to like subs, why do i put myself through this mental torture….WHY GOD WHYYYYYYYYY

Philiusmaximus

Was talking to a guy at the hotel bar last night. He had a rolex sub on his wrist. Looked gen. But the main thing that led me to that assumption was him as a package. The hotel, the clothes, how he spoke etc etc. It could have been a pre raid VSF. I'd have no idea as if I'd taken out my loupe and tried to check the rehaut he probably would have tried to punch me. One thing was for certain, in the hour I was in his company I got zero opportunity to check for any of the tiny flaws only us here in rep forums are aware of.

That being said if it was a dhgate shitter I'd have been able to tell from ten feet away with my eyes shut.

Buy a good example from a decent factory and enjoy it. But if you're a tramp with holes in your shoes then expect people to call you out.

deju
10 minutes ago, Philiusmaximus said:

Was talking to a guy at the hotel bar last night.

you dirty bastard.

Philiusmaximus
30 minutes ago, deju said:

you dirty bastard.

It was late and I was lonely

deju

@Philiusmaximus I do think it's a valid point that in the real world any "calling out" is most likely a guess and just to gauge the reaction and the way a person carries themselves  regardless of status would be the biggest tell. 

Philiusmaximus
32 minutes ago, deju said:

@Philiusmaximus I do think it's a valid point that in the real world any "calling out" is most likely a guess and just to gauge the reaction and the way a person carries themselves  regardless of status would be the biggest tell. 

Totally agree. Non-verbal communication accounts for around 70% of all communication depending on circumstances.

Any about 99% of people couldn't give a toss what's on your wrist.

And as for sex panther, well 60% of the time it works every time

Rozza72
1 hour ago, deju said:

Yep true, look at Steve Jobs, jeans and a polo neck and he was worth a mint. Apart from the fact he was a well known figure aside, how you carry yourself counts for alot ‘bullshit baffles brains’ . In order to convince others you must first convince yourself

Popperini

I don't really buy this "calling out based on the way someone looks or carries themselves" stuff. I've got wealthy friends who looks even scruffier than me (and that's saying something), who don't like flash cars and are real dorks to boot - so how is anyone ever going to tell whether they're "the right stuff"? It's always going to be a total assumption.

You really can't judge a book by its cover.

Unless it's an actual book - in which case the cover is usually a good indication of the contents, otherwise the cover designer and publisher have failed in their aim to express something about the book in the cover design. Which, now I think about it, makes the idiom "You can't judge a book by its cover" a pretty stupid saying.

deju
18 minutes ago, Popperini said:

I don't really buy this "calling out based on the way someone looks or carries themselves" stuff. I've got wealthy friends who looks even scruffier than me (and that's saying something), who don't like flash cars and are real dorks to boot - so how is anyone ever going to tell whether they're "the right stuff"? It's always going to be a total assumption.

It's never going to be 100% and it's not meaning they are posh or snobby or wealthy, it's them as a person, their mannerisms etc.. I guess hard to explain. 

Personally speaking I'm going to call out every spider dial Sub I see in the hope that one day it's you and it puts you off the watch and I get it cheap on m2m lol

Man with a plan me!

• Like 1

Rozza72
1 hour ago, Popperini said:

Which, now I think about it, makes the idiom "You can't judge a book by its cover" a pretty stupid saying.

:clap:

Yadric

Thanks for the comparison, it will help me with the decision ;).

Undinist

All this status nonsense is such bullshit.  If people notice my watches I always tell them they're fakes.  The "money is everything" crowd are just vermin.  

• Like 1

techvalleydesigner

Thank you so much for the post! Very helpful

unlimited__one

Great post! 

marcoss

nice post , any updates ?

onzenuub
10 minutes ago, marcoss said:

nice post , any updates ?

Yes

Frankenstein

Very informative mate!

I have a vsf 41 mms Sub with the 3235 movement...incredible quality...and better to my eyes than the vrf I had...