Sign in to follow this  
ivotedale

Parnis Sterile Rolex GMT II style

ivotedale

ceramic1119-2-1.jpg

Anyone have any word on this particular Parnis homage? I know it's not a 1/1 homage- I just wanted something sterile as of late; to make it as my own I guess.

There's also a cool HD video of it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osHT6w9qS6A

Just wanted to hear some other reviews if possible. It's about $100 via eBay.

Member X

I am SURE someone on here has one of these but I csn't remember who posted a picture of it...

dkj1956

Hello!

I just joined this website and yours is the first post I read - and my first contribution. The model you show is one I have my eye on as well. Seems there are a few versions including an updated model that one ebay seller has on hand at a modest price increase (23a?). I don't know much about these watches, and like yourself will be interested in reading the responses from others. Earlier this week I recieved the case, dial and hands purchase of the parnis sea dweller model. It's very well made, massive, and super hefty. Seems my first experience with the brand looks promising.

DJ

Member X

I just noticed that Jackson has some of the newer Rolex homages by Parnis:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=14916

He must also have the one above for sale so check out his website!

I've been very happy with my Parnis stuff - it certainly feels well made and is far from the cheap crap you might expect of a 'no name' chinese manufacturer :D

ivotedale

Ah, found it right here:

http://www.jacksontse.com/hw096.html

I'll probably shoot him an e-mail soon. Thanks!

ivotedale

UPDATE: I'm sorta bummed- his version features a UNI-directional bezel rather than a BI-directional one, which is unorthodox since it isn't a diver's watch. I'll probably pass on it in the mean time, bah.

Though there is another listing on eBay with the same watch, but about $120. The description points it is bi-directional, but at that price point I might as well get rep or similar.

dave47

I have the Submariner version of this (black/black), and I truly love the watch! It'sold in construction, nice ceramic bezel, good crystal, 2.5x cyclops, solid bracelet. I wear it often. For the price, I believe you can't go wrong. Give it a try; worse comes to worse: sell it here. Just my .02.

dave

ceramic1119-2-1.jpg

Anyone have any word on this particular Parnis homage? I know it's not a 1/1 homage- I just wanted something sterile as of late; to make it as my own I guess.

There's also a cool HD video of it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osHT6w9qS6A

Just wanted to hear some other reviews if possible. It's about $100 via eBay.

Mattwah

For me homage and steriles, makecperfect sense... because you can get a lovely looking watch without having to drop 2 to 10k. ive recently got imto watcjes, about a month ago, and have bought

a gen Muhle Glashutte

a homage parnis

a rep Breguet

id actually prefer to buy homage only if i could...

ivotedale

For those still interested in the Parnis GMT world, I ended up pulling the trigger today via eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/023a-PARNIS-GMT-CE...086401646582471

When it arrives I'll write up a bit of a review.

The reason I went with this particular buyer though, is because it has the features I wanted- double lock clasp, true 24-click bi-directional bezel, and the thicker hour hand. If you notice between different makers of this homage, most have a thinner hour hand...I believe the Gen Rolex GMT IIc has a thicker hour hand as well as opposed to their subs.

Jacksonte and other sellers have only the uni-directional bezel (it's not a diving watch, so why make it uni-directional), and had the single quick release bracelet. Yes, they do offer it cheaper, but I wanted those features. But I'll keep y'all posted.

timetraveller

did you get this piece? how is the quality of the steel?

Member X

Parnis is made from the same stuff as our reps are so buy with confidence.

solame

I know it is an old thread, but the item is still available on ebay, I would love to know how did it work out?

I am most interested in the movement inside, not sure what it is.