Sign in to follow this  
pinkyw

Watch Repair

pinkyw

Hi

I have a replica Rolex Date Just that has stopped working, does anyone know of anybody in the uk that can fix it and any idea of price.

Many Thanks

Donna

powderfreak
Hi

I have a replica Rolex Date Just that has stopped working, does anyone know of anybody in the uk that can fix it and any idea of price.

Many Thanks

Donna

What's the movement? Could you maybe open it yourself and take a picture of it?

pinkyw

Hi

I'm sorry I dont know what the movement is, i paid about £70 for it if that helps. I wouldent trust myself to open though.

gtwc
Hi

I'm sorry I dont know what the movement is, i paid about £70 for it if that helps. I wouldent trust myself to open though.

i'm no expert (waits for shouts and jeering) but I feel that you be brave...........

open the fucker 'up.

BTW if you only paid 70 squid, no worries. Consider it a 'rite of passage'.

KBH

Contact Brightlight and see if he's taking on any new work. Sounds like a 21j movement which is normally just replaced since they only cost about $20.

pinkyw

Thanks

Will contact him, is there anybody else incase he isnt taking on work??

MikeMcNair

Ron's not taking work, but if it was 70 bucks it was a quartz or a 21j. i can help with either if you need it. waiting period is long, as i am backed up pretty far (6-7 weeks now) but i offer serviceiing to the members here.

wat44
... but i offer serviceiing to the members here.

hmmm tempting....

Member X

Get yourself one of the rubber balls off ebay or the shop on here and get the back open, then you can see what it is :Whistle:

Or I think you can use a ball of screwed up sticky tape!

pinkyw

IMAG0123.jpgok

I've managed to get the back off ( well my husband did !!) and i know this is going to sound stange but the bloody watch is working again ???? any ideas. I have also enclosed a picture.

Thanks

Cynikal.Mindset

were you wearing it when it stopped working?

pinkyw

yes it think i was ?? why

MikeMcNair

Because it appear to be a 21j automatic, meaning it uses your wrists movement to wind it (see the half circle thing on the left of the picture? That's called a rotor, and it moves as YOU move, so if you were wearing it it should have had a good amount of wind, or charge per se)

Check to see if the rotor is attached well, sometimes an impact can cause it to not sit PERFECTLY parallel with the rest of the movement, causing it to hit things (like the case back) and not wind, but when you remove the case back it is able to move freely again.

Here's an easy test: put the watch face down on a table, and kneel down so the watch is at eye level. Rotate the rotor is both directions, and see if it stays perfectly parralel. If not, check the screw holding it in, if that's tights, use a tube of chapstick to "press" it flat.

Does that make sense?

KBH

It might be good to check the screw that holds the rotor on and make sure it's tight. For some reason the rotor may have stopped turning and winding the movement. Another culprit could be the screws that hold the movement in place. There are two of them and they will hit the edge of the rotor if they come loose and keep it from turning.

Edit: I see Mike beat me to it.

MikeMcNair

Also, carefully inspect the golden gear on the right of the pic (mainspring) and see if that is touching ANYTHING, that's the heard of the movement and if that stops oscillating (spinning back and forth really fast) everything stops!

Good luck and keep us posted.

pinkyw

Thanks guys for all your replys. I will have a look at the things you have recommended.

Thanks again

Donna