shokoo

Bad Bezel

shokoo

I have just bought a gmt master 2. Overall a great watch. Only one thing annoys me.. the wack bezel when I try to turn it.

When I compare my hulk(gen) with the gmt there are worlds between the feeling when turning the bezel.

Is there a way to make the rep bezel turn a little bit smoother ? maybe?

GingerApple

The GMT is supposed to turn very differently to the Submariner, you're comparing apples and pears.

Enthusiast88
10 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

The GMT is supposed to turn very differently to the Submariner, you're comparing apples and pears.

+1 

it’s a GMT.... and you’re comparing it to a gen! 

shokoo

sorry didnt know it turns different.

Nono sorry I didn‘t mean to compare.. just wanted to ask if there is a way to make it turn a bit smoother.

GingerApple

It could be dirty inside perhaps?There are loads of YouTube videos showing how to pop the bezel off, it's a two minute job once you know. Maybe have a look and see if there's anything obvious?  What watch do you have exactly, as in which rep factory?

shokoo

I have a gmt master 2 batman with jubile bracelet from GMF. The watch overall is great. I know just have to look for a better bezel and that it turns a bit smoother.

As you can see the color in the triangle is not the best...

VfbOiZ.md.jpg

GingerApple
10 minutes ago, shokoo said:

I have a gmt master 2 batman with jubile bracelet from GMF. The watch overall is great. I know just have to look for a better bezel and that it turns a bit smoother.

As you can see the color in the triangle is not the best...

The bezel insert shouldn't affect the smoothness of the bezel turning, that's down to the metal bezel itself and the springs/clicks, or whatever mechanism, is underneath. So if you don't like your bezel insert colour/paint job,  you could replace it (or paint mod it), but that's not going to effect the smoothness of the turn. I've got the same watch and my bezel turns very smoothly so there's obviously something amiss with yours.

shokoo

hmm okey thank you. I think I will buy a new bezel and let it paint mod. Where should I look for a paint mod? Sorry for all these questions...

I will also look a bit around what to do that it turns smoother, maybe as you said, trying to clean it

GingerApple

If you're thinking of doing a paint mod, is worth trying to do that before you get a new bezel insert - because the result might satisfy you and mean you don't have to buy a new one. 

There are different types of paint mods. Here's one:

The pictures have gone I'm afraid, but it's pretty self explanatory.

deju

Buy  a new bezel if it bothers you, wouldn't paint it as the font is wrong weight / shape anyways.  

shokoo

@deju since you seem like you know what you‘re talking about. Do you have like an example which one to buy?

If I am looking at them in ebay I have no clue which one looks closest to the gen...

@GingerBubba thanks I will have a look :)

deju
1 hour ago, shokoo said:

@deju since you seem like you know what you‘re talking about. Do you have like an example which one to buy?

If I am looking at them in ebay I have no clue which one looks closest to the gen...

@GingerBubba thanks I will have a look :)

There is a guy on RWI that does modified bezels with paint mods. :D 

Nikosaldente
54 minutes ago, deju said:

There is a guy on RWI that does modified bezels with paint mods. :D 

He's over here too!

@ussdasseinis his name :D

Check out his work... The results are awesome!He does Sputter Coating with Platinum,  the same method as Rolex uses;)

deju
3 hours ago, Nikosaldente said:

He's over here too!

@ussdasseinis his name :D

Check out his work... The results are awesome!He does Sputter Coating with Platinum,  the same method as Rolex uses;)

Yes! I’ve done business with @ussdassein great guy 

k4jun
8 minutes ago, deju said:

Yes! I’ve done business with @ussdassein great guy 

+1