samurai dave

I got a new watch and got made redundant

samurai dave

VfRVng.jpg VfRura.jpg VfRKfy.jpg

Hi there everyone. I am more of a lurker, (here, not in real life) but spend many a hour reading about new purchases, and dreaming about mods, that I possess neither the skill or patience to complete.

So first things first, I bought the beautiful AP a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it is amazing. Great watch, great condition and I am really happy with it. Thanks so much to Foxindebox. 

So now I have been made redundant, from a job that I love and am entering the most uncertain time in my life to date. I have a family to support, am getting on in years a little and really need a job that has the school holidays off. Uncertain times are ahead but one thing is for sure, I will be checking in here to escape my everyday woes. 

Dave

Watch_Fox

Dave,

Nice watch!!!

Sorry to hear about the job; that sucks!  Maybe you can turn your growing knowledge of watches into a new career.

samurai dave

Thanks, is it not everyone's dream to turn a hobby into a way if making a living? 

Signed up with a job agenvy today do hopefully something will turn up. 

:baby:

Glaude

Hi and welcome ! 

Top Fox to deal with our @Foxindebox ! :) 

BadApple

Nice watch....

I'd give you a job if you walked in with that on your wrist. (but not that tie) 

Good Luck Sir.

FudgyDocker

@samurai dave - sorry to hear the bad news bro'. I've been a victim of the same, twice now. As long as they give you a bit of wedge to tide you over, you'd be surprised how quickly you bounce back. All the best and good luck.

Oh, nice watch ;)

BabaNJ

Nice watch, enjoy it. 

I have been in same shoes with jobs and it sucks but keep looking. I can tell you from experience that be flexible about the field of work if you can. I wasted some time first time a lost a job and learned my lesson. Went from degree in IT to being jobless for 6 months then went in retail for few years, then spent 10 years driving 18 wheelers in NJ and surrounding states, then went to help my father in law in his business when he got sick and now finally ended up in management for Amazon and doing my watch hobby on off days. Life can be a ride.....be positive. 

RussP

Sorry to hear about your employment situation.

Keep your chin up and retain the AP as a reminder of how you sailed through tough times.

samurai dave

Thanks for all the positives, it is really appreciated. I feel much better now having got my cv sorted. I am going to look at a broader range of jobs, although I need the school holidays to look after my kids. I will keep you informed. 

P. S. That tie rocks. Lol

elp

Fuck. Wishing you the best of luck. 

(I like the tie BTW)

brang1

such a hard thing to go through.  But sometimes these things are meant to be and can be the start of a better thing. Just gotta plough on. Best of luck mate

Enthusiast88

We’ve all been through it at one time or another, you’ll bounce back, keep your head up and always be positive, hope better and bigger doors will open for you. 

Best of luck. 

mattpne

Must be a tough one to deal with but fingers crossed you get sorted soon. Good luck. Great watch too btw!

Hattricks

Really sorry to hear this. Where are you located? If the extrmeley rare chance occurs that you're near me I may be able to assist with finding work

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kleen™

Congratulations on your recent escaping of modern day slavery. Make the utmost of it... ;)

Pp4811

First off, really sorry to hear about the job situation. Fingers crossed for you that you find something soon. Having a family to support makes it tougher but keep your chin up, you’ll get through it. 

Also congrats on the watch, but the pics could show more of that beauty off!! Ha. 

Rokerite

Bad luck about the job, as somebody who does a lot of agency work I will warn you that you will be in and out of work a lot if you choose that route. It's part of the game (especially in my line of work) so try and put something by for those lean times if you do agency work. Hopefully you will get something more long term, and nice watch by the way 

Kleen™

Whatever work you choose to do; you'll be working for someone else...realising HIS, or (statistically less likely) HER dream. Which will render you a wanting pawn. For the rest of your life. I suggest this: Do whatever the fuck makes you happy...get up in the morning...smile....there is the mirror...the one you need to convince...whatever. It really is that simple. A paycheck is only a meagre make-believe, working as long as you believe it is what makes you. And stop whining... ;)

gonnabfamous

Beautiful Watch!!

one of my favorites, sorry to hear about the job everything will work out in the end! Enjoy that beautiful AP

samurai dave

Good evening all,

So it has been quite some time since my initial post and I have news.

So after a selection process I secured a new position that will pay me more than before. Of course there is more responsibility and a slightly longer working contract but..... it is still in school and allows me to be there for my children during the holidays. Thank you so much for the words of encouragement, they may seem like small things but a word of encouragement when you are in a low place is priceless. They allowed me to push on through and to ensure that I got the position that was available, and it was the right one for my family and has allowed me to continue working in a sector that I really, really like.

Many thanks,

Oh and I think that I may need to celebrate with a new timepiece. Maybe hand wound and without many complication. Any suggestions?

Dave

The_Proctometrist
4 hours ago, samurai dave said:

Oh and I think that I may need to celebrate with a new timepiece. Maybe hand wound and without many complication. Any suggestions?

now you're talking my language, nothing better than celebrating life's ups & downs with a new timepiece.