dfq23

My first rep order in ages - some things never change!

dfq23

As a lot of you know, I used to buy a metric f*ck ton of reps!  Priorities changed over the last few years and I hadn't bought one for ages but I saw something last week that dragged me back in, gen spec and gen movement Tags with boxsets from a TD next door.

Order placed and QC pics received yesterday but I rejected them because something still seems to be true now just as it seemed to be back in the day when I was a rep monster...

FACTORIES STILL CAN'T GET PEARLS RIGHT!!!!

Rolex Subs with uncentred ones,

mismatching lume on pearl and dial, 

ones that are so oversized it looks like they have elephantitis,

ones on watches that are obviously just sub ones glued on,

ones that should be recessed standing prouder than Jennifer Aniston's nipples in an episode of Friends,

The Aquaracer model I ordered should have a pearl that fills almost the whole of the circle "dip" in the bezel" leaving a small part of steel showing above it and have only a very slight curve to it.  Like this:

tag-heuer-aquaracer-cay1110-ft6041-33.jp

The one I ordered looked amazing, literally a super super rep, until I looked at the pearl.  The factory had put the smallest amount of lume they could in the bezel dip so it had a pearl that didn't even half fill the dip so it was more steel than lume, and surface tension had caused to form into a near perfect semi sphere shape!

VfHySZ.png

Why????  Why spend all that time and money and effort on nearly perfectly recreating a watch and using the same movement as the gen and then eff it all up for the sake of 0.0005p of lume!

I've contacted the TD and hopefully he will see about another.  The one on his website looked  so much better! The one in my QC pics has about half the lume of that one!

201903231114309592.jpg

Perhaps I should stick to Seikos.  After all, they never ever eff up the bezels, or chapter rings..... 

Edited by dfq23

Jibuti

think it this way: your piece is unique! :)

or.... lume mod is easy fix, especially when there is a hole which will shape pearl perfectly (at least in theory...)

cheers.

dfq23
19 minutes ago, Jibuti said:

think it this way: your piece is unique! :)

or.... lume mod is easy fix, especially when there is a hole which will shape pearl perfectly (at least in theory...)

cheers.

I did ponder just doing it myself but I can't be arsed and with my hands i'd probably mess up something else! 

MetalMickey

I might have to check out that TD, which one is it? Can't beat a TAG beater for the summer

dfq23
6 minutes ago, MetalMickey said:

I might have to check out that TD, which one is it? Can't beat a TAG beater for the summer

Sead next door mate. He has loads of aquaracers and formula 1s with gen movements and box sets listed on his site for a decent price and can also get some he hasn't listed like the F1 reverse panda chrono

Haltec

That's the square buttoned model I am waiting.

Is it available with bracelet?  

dfq23

One I ordered had bracelet. Stock pic just happened to have rubber.

Rest of watch looks fantastic

MetalMickey
50 minutes ago, dfq23 said:

Sead next door mate. He has loads of aquaracers and formula 1s with gen movements and box sets listed on his site for a decent price and can also get some he hasn't listed like the F1 reverse panda chrono

Ah thanks I’ve bought from Sead before so I’ll drop him a line 

Chiquita Fanjita
5 hours ago, dfq23 said:

standing prouder than Jennifer Aniston's nipples

That is never a bad thing ;) 

7-C47-DFCA-0-AA2-4-E8-B-84-B5-DBE3-A15-F

:drool:got to love Jen :Love:

Haltec

Thnx Dfq! 

Can't decide between black or white one.  

Please make review when arrive.  

(Clasp inner engravings/embossings intrested in)

Leaning towards white one...  (summer)

Hattricks

BUT WHY A TAG

TAG DOESN'T DESERVE SUPER REPS

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Haltec

@dfq23 

Did this one ever arrived?