JohnMG

A am a Total Newb , Just a sincere 'Thank you'

JohnMG

Massive thanks to everyone who has helped  and replied . Sorry for being a pain in the arse .   As mentioned , I had a very bad morobike crash I have some mental health issues , impulsive behaviour,  and a some anxiety issues too.
I am really looking forward to my first purchase , early tomorrow morning

Cheers everyone ,

Edited by JohnMG
original was too wordy.

BadApple

I've answered you (as have others) on a previous and identical post John - in addition there is a vast amount of information on this subject on this site.

I am beginning to think this hobby is not for you. 

Rokerite

You would be very unlucky to have a watch confiscated by customs but it does happen very infrequently. I have gotten about a dozen watches from China and Thailand and I have never had any problems. Only time I had to pay import duty was on a bezel insert that was from a legitimate company from USA, though I think that was because of President Trump's protectionist policies to be honest.

deju

Sometimes you’ll get hit with duty fees as the couriers lover their £15 admin fees. 

Contraband is our TD’s business so always take advice on safest way to your country at time of order! 

Confiscation although always a risk is not as likely as duty to pay.  

Mr_B

Stick to EMS shipping all mine have come through without charges unless using DHL

GingerApple
1 hour ago, Badapple said:

I've answered you (as have others) on a previous and identical post John - in addition there is a vast amount of information on this subject on this site.

WHY NO SHOUTY SPEAK!?!! IT'S FUCKING WARRANTED FOR ONCE!!!!!

JohnMG
2 hours ago, Badapple said:

Sincere apologies mate . Just one person answering is not really enough , so now after a few more people have said they have had no issues, my concerns have been quashed. Honestly , no disrespect was intended.

As mentioned in the part for Newbs' on here, some poeple posting answers could actually be sellers just reassuring slightly anxious new buyers. So, I thought I would ask for a afew more replies before pulling the trigger. I have purchased genuine Rolex watches, so it isn't about the money , it was purely about customs. Now I feel a lot more reassured about this matter.

Best reagrds JohnMG

50 minutes ago, Mr_B said:

Stick to EMS shipping all mine have come through without charges unless using DHL

Thanks for your help.

Edited by JohnMG
typo

JohnMG
1 hour ago, deju said:

Sometimes you’ll get hit with duty fees as the couriers lover their £15 admin fees. 

Contraband is our TD’s business so always take advice on safest way to your country at time of order! 

Confiscation although always a risk is not as likely as duty to pay.  

Thanks for your help

2 hours ago, Rokerite said:

You would be very unlucky to have a watch confiscated by customs but it does happen very infrequently. I have gotten about a dozen watches from China and Thailand and I have never had any problems. Only time I had to pay import duty was on a bezel insert that was from a legitimate company from USA, though I think that was because of President Trump's protectionist policies to be honest.

Thanks for your help

52 minutes ago, Mr_B said:

thanks for your help

BadApple

JUST BUY A FECKING WATCH 

JohnMG

Sincere thanks for everyone's help I apologise for having a repeat question. As mentioned in the 'Newbs section' of this website. It says to be a bit weary, so I was just hoping more than one person would answer my question, and you guys have . So , a sincere 'Thanks guys' . I know feel reasssured to make my first purchase. I did not men to offend anyone, and I apologise for all my questions. I enjoy collecting watches and this is all very new to me, so what might seem obvious to seasoned buyers isn't  quite as straight forward to me. Once I have received my first order, I will definitely be looking at buying a god few more watches.  As everyone knows , you cannot have too many.

Thanks again, JohnMG  ( sorry for being a ballache).

5 minutes ago, Badapple said:

JUST BUY A FECKING WATCH 

'I am buying one , paying for it first thing tomorrow morning' and thanks again for your help, and  sorry for being a ballache. :)

GingerApple

Whatever you do, don't trust BADAPPLE. He's basically a Noob factory mouthpiece. Or maybe just a mouthpiece, I forget which, but definitely one of the above. GLWS.

Anyone seen Toro recently?

JohnMG
6 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

Whatever you do, don't trust BADAPPLE. He's basically a Noob factory mouthpiece. Or maybe just a mouthpiece, I forget which, but definitely one of the above. GLWS.

Anyone seen Toro recently?

Cheers .

:)

All I politely ask is, 'please remember,  everyone was a newb' at some point'.

Glaude
1 hour ago, JohnMG said:

everyone was a newb' at some point'.

NOT HIM !!!

Whoops sorry, this shit is contagious or inherited, don't remember which one either ... :D 

JohnMG

Well ,

I went to Western Union , ( actually four ) armed with every type of ID you can think of,  ( including  my original birth certificate from when I was born in the 1960's) ,and my bloody Passport had gone out of date. If I had a gun I would shott myself.

Feel free to use enourmous shouty words as  THOROUGHLY deserve them. Arrrggghhh!

Edited by JohnMG
typo

JohnMG

:baghead:

JohnMG
On 29/05/2019 at 17:16, JohnMG said:

Sincere thanks for everyone's help I apologise for having a repeat question. As mentioned in the 'Newbs section' of this website. It says to be a bit weary, so I was just hoping more than one person would answer my question, and you guys have . So , a sincere 'Thanks guys' . I know feel reasssured to make my first purchase. I did not men to offend anyone, and I apologise for all my questions. I enjoy collecting watches and this is all very new to me, so what might seem obvious to seasoned buyers isn't  quite as straight forward to me. Once I have received my first order, I will definitely be looking at buying a god few more watches.  As everyone knows , you cannot have too many.

Thanks again, JohnMG  ( sorry for being a ballache).

'I am buying one , paying for it first thing tomorrow morning' and thanks again for your help, and  sorry for being a ballache. :)

I just received two more great watches from Sir Kevin (got his name wrong oops). 

This exceptional AP Forged Carbon Diver. Great quality. I am extremely happy and impressed with how well this watch is made. Great attention to detail with the texture of the strap and clasp. 

IMG-20190726-145339388.jpg

A photo of the clasp. 

IMG-20190726-145612412.jpg

Very happy with this purchase. 

Edited by JohnMG
Typo

FudgyDocker
6 minutes ago, JohnMG said:

Very happy with this purchase. 

No customs jitters any more, then, John? ;)

SCShrek
1 minute ago, FudgyDocker said:

No customs jitters any more, then, John? ;)

Not until that first one sits in place for a good week before passing through....:frusty:

JohnMG
6 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

Not until that first one sits in place for a good week before passing through....:frusty:

I have already had the slight panics , as I was given a tracking number with one number missing by mistake. 

I think customs  might have had a look in my last delivery, as it had been cut open then taped up again. 

Edited by JohnMG
Alterations.

SCShrek
3 minutes ago, JohnMG said:

I have already had the slight panics , as I was given a tracking number with one number missing by mistake. 

Customs had a look in my last delivery, as it had been cut open then taped up again. 

Ouch..never had that happen before. Usually TD's tape that sucker so tight, it's not worth getting into for a couple of watches. I did have a stupid vendor for DH that sent a watch to me in a regular bubble pouch. I received just the pouch.

JohnMG

Well  I assumed customs had had a look, as the tape had been cut open then retaped. Unless the seller forgot to put something in and opened it. It still came to me, and no customs charge. 

I think I will worry a little bit every time. Just the way my brain works. 

Edited by JohnMG

JohnMG

I am waiting for a watch to come into the seller , then I have two more on the way. I think I have a slight addictive personality too. 

JohnMG
25 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

Ouch..never had that happen before. Usually TD's tape that sucker so tight, it's not worth getting into for a couple of watches. I did have a stupid vendor for DH that sent a watch to me in a regular bubble pouch. I received just the pouch.

That is not good.  I guess there is a risk, if only small.  I think things mostly slip through purely because of the amount of volume customs have to deal with daily. 

SCShrek
12 minutes ago, JohnMG said:

I am waiting for a watch to come into the seller , then I have two more on the way. I think I have a slight addictive personality too. 

Yea...slightly addictive. I currently have 5 in transit and then I'm cutting myself off for a while...except for the Cameron...and the PAM  1359 and... :loopy:

FudgyDocker
10 minutes ago, JohnMG said:

That is not good.  I guess there is a risk, if only small.  I think things mostly slip through purely because of the amount of volume customs have to deal with daily. 

Yeah, they mostly pick stuff at random, and ones that look suspicious. They must get thousands of plain old boxes from China every day!