Sign in to follow this  
seikome

rep on ebay

seikome

there is a seller named exclusive_watches_inc sells rep on ebay. He sells swiss 2386 rolex type for under $300. To me just the dial is different... But the price looks great... need some experts' view.

Here are some of his lists:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GMT-V2-II-WATCH-SWISS-...7QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUBMARINER-DIVERS-WATC...7QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/EXPLORER-V2-II-WATCH-S...7QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by seikome

trailboss99

They are what is called a "Homage" watch. They look like a GMT but there is no brand on the dial. If you were to consider buying one of these I would be asking him if the movement is a gen ETA or a Chinese clone because at that price I suspect it is a clone. If it is a real ETA it is a good price, if not price is average at best as yuo can get a propper rep from our dealers with a clone MVT for same or less dollars. Try Prestige Watch Co. He's on right now, drop him a message. The other I would try is WBKtime, also on our dealers list.

Regards, Col.

seikome

Thank you! I will look at their lists

trailboss99

Better off sending a MSG stateing exactly what you want. ie: GMTII, pepsi dial, clone ETA MVT. I would be very surprised if that is a 2386 in the ebay watch. Google the MVT and see what it is worth.

Col.

Luthier
Better off sending a MSG stateing exactly what you want. ie: GMTII, pepsi dial, clone ETA MVT. I would be very surprised if that is a 2386 in the ebay watch. Google the MVT and see what it is worth.

Col.

I just curious... why anyone wants to buy no-name watch for $250, if for less money I can buy Sub replica with Swiss ETA, and all Rolex engraving all over bracelet? I bought my TT Sub with swiss ETA and wrapped gold for less money!!

What's the point???

trailboss99

I agree mate, I said that about two posts up. Don't see the point in these unless you plan to customise the dial.

Col.

greg_r
I just curious... why anyone wants to buy no-name watch for $250, if for less money I can buy Sub replica with Swiss ETA, and all Rolex engraving all over bracelet? I bought my TT Sub with swiss ETA and wrapped gold for less money!!

What's the point???

I suppose the point is that it's not actually a rep - it's a gen, of sorts...

I know... it's a very fine line, ain't it?

For what it's worth, I agree with you, Luthier: I personally don't find 'homage' watches that appealing; I'd prefer to own a decent rep for the same (or less) money - or just stick with a good budget gen like my Astburys or some of the inexpensive Russian watches (Poljot, Vostok etc) that are out there.

JohnG

Just so you know, those are not "Noob" or WM9 cases (those are the best GMT/Sub/Yachmaster/ExpII cases) - so even with a gen ETA I wouldn't pay that for them. Look at the sub - total WOK.