Furryhobnob

Real omega?

Furryhobnob

Someone is selling this on a non watch related forum I'm on which isn't unusual as decent watches crop up on the classifieds quite frequently, it comes with box and paperwork and was apparently serviced in 2016.

For me it looks like the date wheel is too high and the lume dots are not centred on some of the markers or on the second hand , does this happen on gens? Would appreciate some feedback before deciding to make an offer on it or not.

Cheers

75e39658fe687623bada04007a039952.jpg546478cb1d4bf924bc10c9d7c2bf940e.jpg4426db288984da74c7f3be5b02951db3.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

GingerApple

I've no idea, but it looks shite to me.

VSF - Better Than Gen™️

Furryhobnob
I've no idea, but it looks shite to me.
VSF - Better Than Gen
Haha agreed I've seen some better reps, but surely a gen wouldn't have a misaligned DW or off centre lume dots?

GingerApple

I'm sure shitty Gens exist, but frankly that looks like DHGate shite to my eyes. So it's probably Gen.

Furryhobnob
I'm sure shitty Gens exist, but frankly that looks like DHGate shite to my eyes. So it's probably Gen.
Mental isn't it that a gen can look worse quality wise over some reps

GingerApple

There's no way I'd trust that as Gen though. The seller could post a photo of Mr Omega stood on the moon with Buzz Aldrin, both wearing original moon watches, with Mr Omega holding a sign saying 'The 300m Seamaster is genuine' and I still wouldn't believe him. Or something like that.

Furryhobnob
There's no way I'd trust that as Gen though. The seller could post a photo of Mr Omega stood on the moon with Buzz Aldrin, both wearing original moon watches, with Mr Omega holding a sign saying 'The 300m Seamaster is genuine' and I still wouldn't believe him. Or something like that.
He's got decent feedback, so either he's bought it thinking it's a gen and has been done, or it is actually genuine

GingerApple

How old is it?

Furryhobnob
How old is it?
No idea, this is his advert post

Hi,

For sale is my Omega Seamaster 2531.80.00 full set.

The watch is complete with the original inner and outer box, all the cards and was serviced in 2016 with the invoice.

This is the second one of these I’ve owned and I’m selling as I’d like to get an orange bezel planet ocean towards the end of the year.

Will be posted special delivery or am more than happy for collection.

I have just messaged him asking where he bought it from and was it him that got it serviced or was it done before he bought it, might ask for a photo of the movement

Furryhobnob

He just replied that he bought it privately 18 months ago and the service receipt was already in the box. He also said he's had a quote to service and polish it for £295.
I've asked for a photo of the movement.

GingerApple

Found it on eBay. It actually looks much better in his eBay photos so makes me lean towards Gen. 100% positive feedback, but for shitty, little items mostly. Caveat emptor.

Furryhobnob

Ah didn't know he had listed it on ebay too

Furryhobnob
Yeah it looks like the same watch, I've still asked him for a photo of the movement as surely the points I've mentioned shouldn't be like that on a gen?

deju

I like how we are looking at an off centered DW,

litterally every 2531.80.00  on google image has shitty DW placement 

Furryhobnob

Crazy isn't it, most on here would reject a watch on QC pics for a misaligned DW

GingerApple
2 minutes ago, deju said:

You know your watches. Are you saying Gen then?

deju
1 minute ago, GingerBubba said:

You know your watches. Are you saying Gen then?

With this model I think it’s safe to say I wouldn’t pull the trigger without seeing the movement, so many frankens that look 1:1!! 

The Bezel / pearl and dial look gen. 

Furryhobnob
With this model I think it’s safe to say I wouldn’t pull the trigger without seeing the movement, so many frankens that look 1:1!! 
The Bezel / pearl and dial look gen. 
He said he will take it to a authorised omege dealer on Saturday and get the case back took off to see the movement as he's never seen it before.

robsterwebb

with my limited knowledge, the pip on the bezel looks gen to me.

Some of these on the reps look bloody awful!

Pp4811

In my humble opinion, having owned a gem of the exact model I’m going to say gen. 

But it all hangs on the movement photo though, but the dial and bezel look about right for that age. The newer bonds had better dials I believe. 

Edited by Pp4811

Furryhobnob

He's going after work today to get the case back off, so we will know soon enough, it's a decent price he's asking on the forums, a couple hundred cheaper than his ebay ad, and a few hundred cheaper than any on Chrono 24 that have box and papers like his.

SteveA

Iam wearing my gen as I look at this,mine is 20years old and everything just looks more accurate on mine including DW .I think this has either had a relume and replacement  bezel or is Franken.

Furryhobnob
Iam wearing my gen as I look at this,mine is 20years old and everything just looks more accurate on mine including DW .I think this has either had a relume and replacement  bezel or is Franken.

Cheers for the input Steve

Furryhobnob

Well here's the pic of the movement, gen? 8a86d44a211e563716a878c2d79bf50a.jpg