Sign in to follow this  
chum_2000_uk

£3k Seiko, WTF!?

sarkazz
Hear hear Luth, well fucking said!

On another note..... this watch is bloody :(

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/seiko-alp...s-407090-2.html

It really is. A lot nicer than those boring SKXes. I didn't buy SKX007 at one point, because that Alpinist is SO MUCH BETTER, but I couldn't afford it at that time.

sarkazz

You've seen the photos on watchuseek, so it's done, you won't resist. Quick reminder:

DSC_7893.jpg

chum_2000_uk
Don't wanna spam with pictures, but you should know better hommages (Steinhart with subs/pilots), and chineese like Parnis and all the Pam hommages.

I like these two:

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/index.php?i...amp;Sel_ID=9#14

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/index.php?i...p;Sel_ID=27#165

Although 800EUR for chrono is a lot, and that sub hommage is not perfect (clasp is cheap and endlinks that are not as nice as sub's), it's still hell of a watch, but Mary's DSSD is still nicer :-)

Expensive Rolex and IWC rip-offs. Not really my bag, but then I do have particular tastes I think. I do love watches with chronographs, my current two reps are Tag Carrera Day Date and Seamaster Chrono. Think I like a tiny splash of colour on the dial. Tend to like either black or silver dials, with maybe some pattern to them or at least colour on the subdials etc.

Really fancy an AP silver themes next. So those are the types of watches I currently seem to like. As you can also tell, I love that Seiko you posted. Think I prefer the look of that over a Planet Ocean!

Find me a hommage/ sterile watch (preferably cheap) based on those watches. The IWC rip-off aint bad I guess, but too plain for my taste.

sarkazz
A beauty!!!!!

Just... why the hell it's so small??????? 40mm!!!

Japaneese people have smaller wrists. Simple as that.

And I'm about to pull a trigger on a rep, I blame you all!

chum_2000_uk
You've seen the photos on watchuseek, so it's done, you won't resist. Quick reminder:

I've just had a crisis!

And I'm about to pull a trigger on a rep, I blame you all!

Ooh what one?

sarkazz
Ooh what one?

I would pull a trigger on Mary's DSSD, but Polish customs are strict regarding packages from asia. People get sued for fake Nokia batteries and stuff like that, don't wanna get sued over a bloody watch.

So the question is - DSSD as good as Mary's with shipping through UK and Clone ETA would be... Replicamake88? Josh?

Edited by sarkazz

chum_2000_uk
Ooh what one?

So the question is - DSSD as good as Mary's with shipping through UK and Clone ETA would be... Replicamake88?

I think so yeah, or Narikka? Baldrick swears by him.

sarkazz

I'll check Narikka, but haven't seen such watch in photos of his stock...

chum_2000_uk

I'll check Narikka, but haven't seen such watch in photos of his stock...

I would imagine he can get DSSDs, just shoot him a mail and ask... can't hurt. Alternatively, chuck me £20 plus P&P and I'll forward it on from UK to you. Have done this for another member already, although it didn't go so well as his watch got caught up in customs in Switzerland (of all places). Guess they don't like people sending reps there huh? :rolleyes:

wat44

DO NOT send chump money - there are nicer ways to kiss it goodbye...

sarkazz

I guess I would be more afraid of some fresh shit in the movement, and pissing on watch. Not that I would do such thing for him and assume he would do the same. This is not the case. Really.

kolchak
You are so single minded, that you can't accept that reps are interesting too...

I never said that reps are not interesting. I only pointed out that I don't buy them, at the moment, for several reasons. That's all. I love franken UPOs, BK DSSD, concepta franken/gensteins, mods, reluming, movement swaps etc.

Show me ten pics of hommages. And I'll honestly tell you whether I like a single one of them. I absolutely promise you that if I do, I will let you know.

Don't wanna spam with pictures, but you should know better hommages (Steinhart with subs/pilots), and chineese like Parnis and all the Pam hommages.

Tell you what, if you find a nice sterile/ hommage watch for me, I will put my money where my mouth is and buy it. Do something useful, and find me some nice watches that aren't replica.

I like these two:

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/index.php?i...amp;Sel_ID=9#14

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/index.php?i...p;Sel_ID=27#165

Although 800EUR for chrono is a lot, and that sub hommage is not perfect (clasp is cheap and endlinks that are not as nice as sub's), it's still hell of a watch, but Mary's DSSD is still nicer :-)

And yes, I give much more than $9K a year to charities

That's great! That's money better spend than any gen watch in the world.

I personally know people with such a money, and I'd never exchange my life on theirs. You just didn't get my point.

I know people with money too, I work with them. And rep watch would make me look ridiculous in their eyes, as many people assume that Rolex rep is to show off, and I do not wanna explain my love for watches to everybody.

I read this threat very quickly so correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you don't like reps over concerns what other people think.

If I gave a shit what others thought, I probably wouldn't wear them either. Worrying about looking ridiculous or having to explain yourself to anybody, let alone everybody, can't be easy.

Granted I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but please explain how wearing an homage rolex DSSD (or other brand) vs a rep DSSD wordlessly conveys your love for watches?

I gotta believe anyone who thinks a rep / real rolex is an attempt to "show off" feels the same about an homage - and those people can bite me.

sarkazz

I do not know how it works in your country, but in Poland, 99% of people know what Rolex is (the best watch, and lots of fakes). How many of them know what Rolex DSSD looks like? 0,1%? 0,01%? 0,001%? Poland is a poor country, so multiply the MSRP by 3-4x and you get the idea of how many people can afford that. So Rolex is not popular, in fact, beside colleague from work that has gen, I've never seen one in person.

So, assume I have rep DSSD - 100% of people will notice Rolex branding, while if I had custom logo/sterile DSSD nobody would notice that it's a sub design.

But that doesn't matter cause I'll order DSSD anyway, life it too short to die without wearing it for a while. Won't wear it to work though, no way in hell.

chum_2000_uk

Watt, pipe the fuck down. All you do is make the most stupid fucking comments, then when I challenge you, you are nowhere to be seen. You are a fucking coward. Go and grow a pair, and come back when your mummy lets you play with the big boys. You pathetic, dyslexic loser.