Sign in to follow this  
chum_2000_uk

£3k Seiko, WTF!?

chum_2000_uk

Was looking for a little info on a couple of Seiko Arctura watches that I put up for sale this evening, when I came across this:

It has an RRP of £3k! What on earth? I personally think it's ugly as hell, plus who would pay £3k for that!? In reality you can get it brand new for half that price, but still. Hmm, let me think... used current model Omega Seamaster chrono, or this awful looking Seiko.... gee thats a tough one! Most of the Casio Edifice's look better than this imo!

wat44

for once, I agree with you - that is a piece of shit

coolroy

I have a Rose gold Velatura model SRH006P1 Cal 5D44 -------AUS$1800 RRP that looks better than that & I still feel ripped off paying AUS$1200 for it.

Especially after seeing a price of AUS$750 duty free in Hong Kong.

Edited by coolroy

chum_2000_uk

Wat do you mean? We always agree don't we? :thumbsup:

powderfreak

Plain ugly! Reminds me of those Timex with barometer and thermometer...

sarkazz

This one is bloody good though (7000-8000$):

sbga0291.jpg

prestigewatchco

Yes spring drive watches are amazing but they are not cheap and basically the only thing they do better than the $200 Seiko is sweep smoother

wat44

the spring drive mvt is amazing - but Seiko do need some inspiration in the "make the damned watch look cool" department

Pentax

Look at this

Most Expensive Seiko

David543
the spring drive mvt is amazing - but Seiko do need some inspiration in the "make the damned watch look cool" department

Im a fan of the quality of Grant Seiko and craftsmanship, especially their 'high beat' movement at 36,000vph and the Spring Drive. But they really need to make them more desirable!

Except for the Rolex Sub look-alike they aren't that exciting!

sarkazz
basically the only thing they do better than the $200 Seiko is sweep smoother

1. Higher quality than Rolex

2. Hand made

$200 Seiko is a piece of garbage quality and design-wise. How could you even compare let's say SKX007 and Grand Seiko Diver... :thumbsup2:

chum_2000_uk
basically the only thing they do better than the $200 Seiko is sweep smoother

1. Higher quality than Rolex

2. Hand made

$200 Seiko is a piece of garbage quality and design-wise. How could you even compare let's say SKX007 and Grand Seiko Diver... :thumbsup2:

They may be higher quality, but they are still japanese! Would you pay $300k for a Nissan GTR? I do like Seiko watches, hate to see these two I've just sold go tbh. But there is no way I'd ever pay anything over about £300 for one. For starters, you'd lose a fortune on it! The fact that you can get that Seiko I linked to in the first post for £1500 brand new online, when it has an RRP of twice that is a joke. You'd probably lose at least another £500 off that price as soon as you buy it.

Edited by chum_2000_uk

wat44

chum - now I know why I disagree with you - you say stupid shit

just because Japanese? FFS

prestigewatchco

$200 Seiko are anything but garbage they are better than any rep that is made in terms of quality and reliability . So I have no idea what you are using a s a criteria but you are all to fuck

sarkazz
They may be higher quality, but they are still japanese! Would you pay $300k for a Nissan GTR?

Yes, they are japanese. If you look in the history of manufacturing, japan has been a symbol od quality for long years.

It's a pity you buy watches because of a logo it has on. Oh well, considering the forum, not even gen :thumbsup2:

I would be happy to pay 300k$ for Nissan, if it was the best car for 300k$. And GTR spanks Porsches that cost twice as much, as far as I remember.

$200 Seiko are anything but garbage they are better than any rep that is made in terms of quality and reliability . So I have no idea what you are using a s a criteria but you are all to fuck

Yeah, that's great, but they all look like shit. Want a good looking Seiko? Well, I'm a big fan of Grand Seiko Diver so I'm biased, but along with Seiko price increase, comes better design e.g. SKX007 -> Sumo -> MM -> Grand Seiko. Look at SKX007 - you have to go aftermarket for oyster bracelet...

As far as being better than any rep - where is the sapphire and ceramic bezel on SKX007? Well?

Edited by sarkazz

chum_2000_uk
chum - now I know why I disagree with you - you say stupid shit

just because Japanese? FFS

Go f**k yourself... at least I can spell and construct a proper sentence you tool. I added to what I wrote to highlight my point.... going to argue with that? As I said, I'm not knocking the quality, I loved the two Arcturas I've just sold, and I will miss them. But it doesn't get away from the fact that they are not a luxury brand. Although I'm sure you'll come up up with dim-witted argument just for the sake of being a dick.

wat44

you are a fuck wit

edit: a rascist fuckwit

chum_2000_uk
They may be higher quality, but they are still japanese! Would you pay $300k for a Nissan GTR?

Yes, they are japanese. If you look in the history of manufacturing, japan has been a symbol od quality for long years.

It's a pity you buy watches because of a logo it has on. Oh well, considering the forum, not even gen :thumbsup2:

I would be happy to pay 300k$ for Nissan, if it was the best car for 300k$. And GTR spanks Porsches that cost twice as much, as far as I remember.

I buy rep watches as I can't afford gens, and I think they are a rip off. I would love to buy a GTR, absolutely love them. Doesn't mean I'd pay $300k for one, just because it goes round the 'ring quicker than a most Ferrari's!

chum_2000_uk
you are a fuck wit

edit: a rascist fuckwit

Oh yeah, just the kind of retort I expected from you. *slow claps*

Want to go ahead and explain to me why you think I am a racist?

sarkazz
But it doesn't get away from the fact that they are not a luxury brand.

Luxury brands, well, at least with "luxury image" are for stupid americans. Why car manufacturers create special brands with most expensive cars for american market? Look at Acura <facepalm> Because americans are stupid and have to show off. Japanese people are not like that. They do not have a problem with Seiko producing both 50$ and 5000$ watches. But you don't get it, do you? You need fake Rolex to impress friends :thumbsup2: Becuase it's the luxury brand that counts, right?

I buy rep watches as I can't afford gens, and I think they are a rip off.

Yes, and you need luxury brand on a dial, because that's what counts.

Edited by sarkazz

chum_2000_uk
But it doesn't get away from the fact that they are not a luxury brand.

Luxury brands, well, at least with "luxury image" are for stupid americans. Why car manufacturers create special brands with most expensive cars for american market? Look at Acura <facepalm> Because americans are stupid and have to show off. Japanese people are not like that. They do not have a problem with Seiko producing both 50$ and 5000$ watches. But you don't get it, do you? You need fake Rolex to impress friends :thumbsup2: Becuase it's the luxury brand that counts, right?

I buy rep watches as I can't afford gens, and I think they are a rip off.

Yes, and you need luxury brand on a dial, because that's what counts.

OMFG. Looks like we have two right f**king retards here don't we. Two points: 1) I am not American, so go and slate Americans and American cars all you like. 2) If you actually had the ability to read, you would see that I have owned a number of Seiko watches myself, two of which I have just sold. So WTF are you rambling on about you stupid f**king noob. Pipe down you stupid troll c*nt. Unless you have something useful to add to this forum, just f**k off back to school kid.

sarkazz
OMFG. Looks like we have two right f**king retards here don't we. Two points: 1) I am not American, so go and slate Americans and American cars all you like. 2) If you actually had the ability to read, you would see that I have owned a number of Seiko watches myself, two of which I have just sold. So WTF are you rambling on about you stupid f**king noob. Pipe down you stupid troll c*nt. Unless you have something useful to add to this forum, just f**k off back to school kid.

Please quote where I wrote that you're an american. Oh, I didn't? Well, who is the retard that can't read in that case?

The logical conclusion is - if you care for a brand (thats fucking funny, because you can't afford one and buy rep), you're as stupid as americans.

Edited by sarkazz

chum_2000_uk

;)

You've been here five minutes and already playing up kid. Do you even own any reps? If not, just go and take your retarded opinions elsewhere, as you have nothing valuable to add to this forum. Kids like you come and go. I'm not even going to bother replying to any more of your posts, so amuse yourself however you see fit.

:D

sarkazz
You've been here five minutes and already playing up kid. Do you even own any reps?

ZERO reps my retarded friend.

If not, just go and take your retarded opinions elsewhere, as you have nothing valuable to add to this forum.

Well, I make dials, but ok, I'll leave.

Kids like you come and go. I'm not even going to bother replying to any more of your posts, so amuse yourself however you see fit.

You're the smart one :-)