Sign in to follow this  
chum_2000_uk

£3k Seiko, WTF!?

powderfreak
:D

greg_r

Okay guys, that's quite enough. Cool it, please.

kan3

Cool down guys, let's keep it to Seiko. Personally I wouldn't pay more than 50 bucks for seiko watches.

sarkazz

I would pay 2000$ for the Grand Seiko Diver. More - no way, I can get used PO for that kind of money or a little more.

greg_r

I think ultimately it's down to perception. No argument about the quality of Seiko watches (although I'll admit I agree with Chum that the one in his video is pretty fugly), but whilst they make some great watches and movements, for some reason they don't have quite the cachet of, say, Rolex.

Yes, I know it's all marketing bollocks, but as with most so-called 'luxury goods', the branding is a big part of the appeal to a lot of people. If it wasn't, companies like Hublot (making watches that are drastically inferior in just about every way to the high-end Seikos) would never make a sale... :lmao:

Personally I like Seikos. A good watch is a good watch, whatever name is on the dial - and Seiko build better watches than most people give 'em credit for. Would I pay $2k+ for one? Probably not, to be honest - but not because I don't think they can compete at that price. They just don't 'yank my chain' sufficiently hard for me to desperately want one. Doesn't matter about the name - it's all about the look - but that's just my personal preference.

chum_2000_uk
I would pay 2000$ for the Grand Seiko Diver. More - no way, I can get used PO for that kind of money or a little more.

Sarkazz, considering you are on a rep forum, you seem to have huge distain for them (and the people who wear them it seems). Have you considered the possibility that you may be on the wrong forum?

JohnG

Sarkazz was made for this place, welcome bro, you can say fuck and shit and if you want you can call anyone a stupid fucking asshole. And there are plenty around here, so feel free to mouth off, it is part of our culture here.

Carry on.

JohnG

BTW, despite what racist Japanese haters say about Seiko, they are AWESOME watches, I wouldn't pay much for the one in the OP, but then I wouldn't pay dick for one of JC Biver's POS Hublots, just an ugly piece of steel with a 7750, whoopty big fucking deal....

Here's a real watch, for a real man:

Imagen049.jpg

Imagen105.jpg

chum_2000_uk
Sarkazz was made for this place, welcome bro, you can say fuck and shit and if you want you can call anyone a stupid fucking asshole. And there are plenty around here, so feel free to mouth off, it is part of our culture here.

Carry on.

Yep, that's why we always tell you to fuck off John. :lmao:

chum_2000_uk
BTW, despite what racist Japanese haters say about Seiko.....

You, Wat and Suckerzz should all get together and have an anti-racist-japanese haters convention. Apparently that's what everyone else around here is.

sarkazz
Sarkazz, considering you are on a rep forum, you seem to have huge distain for them (and the people who wear them it seems).

On a rep forum, there are great guys who I admire like e.g. Kenny that I can learn a lot from, and there are guys like you. I have nothing against reps, although you would probably never see me sporting a fake Rolex for several reasons, there is no point in going into details. Sterile ETA DSSD with custom dial and engravings - that's another story...

Have you considered the possibility that you may be on the wrong forum?

I'm here, on rwgforum and watchuseek. I benefit from all, so I'm not on the wrong forum.

kan3

Chum bro you had a bad day or what? Take a break, drink cold glass of water and forget about it all.

If someone said fuck off to me, I wouldn't mind because in the end it's a friendly community.

powderfreak
Chum bro you had a bad day or what? Take a break, drink cold glass of water and forget about it all.

..seems as he just had a glass of piss....

chum_2000_uk
Sarkazz, considering you are on a rep forum, you seem to have huge distain for them (and the people who wear them it seems).

....and there are guys like you.

Yeah, there are also guys like you too.... trolls. What have you done so far in this thread? Hmm lets see shall we... erm.... oh yeah, called Americans stupid (one for you JohnG) and erm.... basically slagged off people who wear reps (which last time I looked, is 99% of the people who actively use this forum).

Well done, great contribution so far.

wat44

at least I guilted the little pecker into editing is racist post

JohnG

On a rep forum, there are great guys who I admire like e.g. Kenny that I can learn a lot from, and there are guys like you. I have nothing against reps, although you would probably never see me sporting a fake Rolex for several reasons, there is no point in going into details. Sterile ETA DSSD with custom dial and engravings - that's another story...

Don't sweat it, fake Rolexes are for noobs and losers anyway, most will eventually evolve and step up to sterile homages, but a few will stay stuck in the mire of fakes. They are not at fault, it is just beyond their capacity to reach any higher....

homagesbaby.jpg

solkryssare

John. That Seiko of yours is fuuuuuucking sweet! Info please?

wat44

bloody ignorant Danish!!! know even less than Americans!

sarkazz

That's so true JohnG :popcorn: I guess that we share some points of view. I love design, do not care for brands.

JohnG

Seiko SNKF07K

Saw this on a forum, searched for it - was not easy to find, turns out it is a model only sold in Asia, have to order from Singapore. Very few suppliers out there. Price was only $154 shipped...

Movement: Automatic

Calibre: 7S26 ( SNKF07)

Model: SNKF07K-LH

Crystal: Hardlex crystal

Dial: Black dial with large luminous markers and hands

Case: Stainless steel

Case diameter: 46mm incl. crown

Crystal diameter: 36mm

Case thickness: 12mm

Water resistance: 100M

Strap by Gorilla Straps at RG....

chum_2000_uk

Care to elaborate on that? No? Thought not.... you talk absolute shit, 100% of the time. If you think I'm a racist, go ahead and tell me why you think that. Don't just fucking say it and not be prepared to back up your statements you slimey POS.

JohnG
:popcorn:

opus9
Look at this

Most Expensive Seiko

Rather have a Bulova Accutron...

regards

opus9

solkryssare

Seiko SNKF07K

Saw this on a forum, searched for it - was not easy to find, turns out it is a model only sold in Asia, have to order from Singapore. Very few suppliers out there. Price was only $154 shipped...

Movement: Automatic

Calibre: 7S26 ( SNKF07)

Model: SNKF07K-LH

Crystal: Hardlex crystal

Dial: Black dial with large luminous markers and hands

Case: Stainless steel

Case diameter: 46mm incl. crown

Crystal diameter: 36mm

Case thickness: 12mm

Water resistance: 100M

Strap by Gorilla Straps at RG....

Thanks my friend :blink:

chum_2000_uk

Care to elaborate on that? No? Thought not.... you talk absolute shit, 100% of the time. If you think I'm a racist, go ahead and tell me why you think that. Don't just fucking say it and not be prepared to back up your statements you slimey POS.

As expected.... not a word.