Sign in to follow this  
chum_2000_uk

£3k Seiko, WTF!?

jameo210369

Why has the guy in the video got a pair of white gloves on, am I missing something?

Baldrick

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, Seiko make great watches, more innovative than most manufacturers, greater production than any other manufacturer, and have produced some absolutely stunning pieces, admittedly the OP's example is a poor one, then again Rolex have the Gaytona :(

houndoggie

$200 Seiko Diver with good looks:

IMG_0750.jpg

A tad smaller than a 45.5 Planet Ocean with just as good lume.

Baldrick

Very nice HD :yoda:

JohnG

That's awesome HD, do you have a model number????

sarkazz

It's called stargate, as far as I remember, and google translates it to SKZ325K1.

I like this one, although it's not cheap:

36075d1281448244t-neue-seiko-alpinist-en-s_sarb059b.jpg

chum_2000_uk
It's called stargate, as far as I remember, and google translates it to SKZ325K1.

Bang tidy that one. Like that a lot. How much is expensive? Can't seem to find a price online, but there was an old watchuseek FS ad that had it up for $275 shipped.

KeNnY
Cute_redhead_blinking.gif

kan3

Now that looks a like a copy of DSSD to me.

Pentax

I dont know about you all but I like Seiko! Superb Quality and no one can come close to their spring drive Movement Smoother than Butter! their watches can be buried and unburied after 30 years and Still Tick I have seen it in Action!!!

Pentax

Now that looks a like a copy of DSSD to me.

More Of An Omega :P UPO look at the Dials ;)

houndoggie
That's awesome HD, do you have a model number????

Seiko skz327

Luthier
But it doesn't get away from the fact that they are not a luxury brand.

Luxury brands, well, at least with "luxury image" are for stupid americans. Why car manufacturers create special brands with most expensive cars for american market? Look at Acura <facepalm> Because americans are stupid and have to show off. Japanese people are not like that. They do not have a problem with Seiko producing both 50$ and 5000$ watches. But you don't get it, do you? You need fake Rolex to impress friends :P Becuase it's the luxury brand that counts, right?

I buy rep watches as I can't afford gens, and I think they are a rip off.

Yes, and you need luxury brand on a dial, because that's what counts.

You too, otherwise why you buy reps?

I can afford almost any gen, but will I buy it?

Fuck, NO!!!

pfcdre

I have a 30 year old seiko 5 auto that i was given as a youngster,i used to abuse it at school sliding it across the sports hall floor,before volleyball training and chuck it about, i have never had it serviced, yet if i give it a shake now and put it on it will run fine,has a small ize dial by nowadays standard, but you can't knock the reliability.

houndoggie

Bang tidy that one. Like that a lot. How much is expensive? Can't seem to find a price online, but there was an old watchuseek FS ad that had it up for $275 shipped.

They are about $200

http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=skz...440&bih=674

chum_2000_uk

They are about $200

http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=skz...440&bih=674

That's not the same model though is it. This is the one we are talking about:

sarkazz

Like I previously stated - I do not buy reps. I buy hommages.

Fuck, NO!!!

Well, that's none of my business, but probably you can't. If you had, let's say 100m$, would you even consider reps? Unless you prefer buy rep DSSD and give 9000$ to charity, what would be really wonderful, I really see no point in buying inferior product. Unless you love modding, frankens and putting it all together, buying rep does not make any sense, especially when you love the quality and craftsmanship put into, let's say, e.g. A. Lange watches that you cannot compare to any rep.

chum_2000_uk
More Of An Omega :P UPO look at the Dials ;)

Yeah defo, I was thinking exactly the same. I love the bezel on this, not so much the dial. I'm still undecided on PO dials

sarkazz

That alpinist is nice, many versions.

SARB063.jpg

600$ or so. Nice oyster bracelet, sapphire with AR.

chum_2000_uk
buying rep does not make any sense, especially when you love the quality and craftsmanship put into, let's say, e.g. A. Lange watches that you cannot compare to any rep.

Suckerzz... I think you've made your feelings on reps quite clear already. I don't think too many of us here really share your viewpoint on this tbh, yet you still seem to want to shove your views down our throat. You are so single minded, that you can't accept that reps are interesting too... you just think that we want them for the brand name. We couldn't possibly just want them because they look good... no that would be silly. Really, how fickle do you think we all are, seriously? Don't you see that quite often we find that their flaws and peculiarities are what makes them perhaps more interesting than the Gens.

Show me ten pics of hommages. And I'll honestly tell you whether I like a single one of them. I absolutely promise you that if I do, I will let you know. From what I've seen so far, not a single one has really caught my eye. I don't buy loads of watches like many people on here, there are not too many that I like, plus even with reps I can't really afford to be buying dozens of them right now. But there are some damn nice watches in the world, and from what I've seen so far, a lot of them are the expensive ones. Not always, but quite often. Tell you what, if you find a nice sterile/ hommage watch for me, I will put my money where my mouth is and buy it. Do something useful, and find me some nice watches that aren't replica.

David543

Yep, I love watches. The designs of many gens are beautiful, but too costly to afford. Reps are works of art I can afford a few of. The really magnificent watches cost so much we can never afford them. Time again I find a genuine watch I love and find it is the most expensive in the range and out of my price :(

chum_2000_uk

Ok, I found the model number of that Seiko that Suckerzz posted, I checked out the website on the photo:

http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/S-SARB05...9-Alpinist.html

fook me there are some nice watches on there! So many of them are blatant Rolex/ Omega rip-offs, but damn they are nice! Many of them a bit more busy and perhaps more interesting than the other brand watches they look like. Really like them a lot.

Luthier

Like I previously stated - I do not buy reps. I buy hommages.

Fuck, NO!!!

Well, that's none of my business, but probably you can't. If you had, let's say 100m$, would you even consider reps? Unless you prefer buy rep DSSD and give 9000$ to charity, what would be really wonderful, I really see no point in buying inferior product. Unless you love modding, frankens and putting it all together, buying rep does not make any sense, especially when you love the quality and craftsmanship put into, let's say, e.g. A. Lange watches that you cannot compare to any rep.

Well... you're new here, so, you don't know who I am. I CAN afford almost any genuine watch, and I have a few. VERY expensive ones. And yes, I give much more than $9K a year to charities, and, no, I don't have $100M, and I don't want to. I personally know people with such a money, and I'd never exchange my life on theirs. You just didn't get my point.

I consider replicas as a different beast in general. I never compare reps with gens. It's different world to me. What's the excitement to go to AD and buy the watch there? You'll have same fucking watch that every retard with money can get!!!

But I do have excitement in buying replicas - they all different, and I don't care how close they're to gens, honestly. That's why I wouldn't buy a gen., even if I'd have $100M.

No, I don't mod my reps, I don't see any point in it. Why should I? As I said - I don't care how close to gens they are.

And about reliability... One of my friends has $22,000 Vacheron, and he sent it to Switzerland 4 times in 2 years for repair.

I have 50+ replicas, some of them with 21J, that I bought in China 5-6 years ago, and they all still work perfectly.

Ask our members, who has gens - are they perfect? Nope. Any good replica with Swiss ETA has same level of reliability, that any gen. has. A Lange? Not my style at all, so, I don't care.

And no, I never bought a homage, to me it's a nonsense - a watch with no name. It doesn't mean I prefer only superfamous names - Rolex, PAM, or Omega, but it should have a name on it. I have nothing against homages, just it's not my cup of vodka.

sarkazz
You are so single minded, that you can't accept that reps are interesting too...

I never said that reps are not interesting. I only pointed out that I don't buy them, at the moment, for several reasons. That's all. I love franken UPOs, BK DSSD, concepta franken/gensteins, mods, reluming, movement swaps etc.

Show me ten pics of hommages. And I'll honestly tell you whether I like a single one of them. I absolutely promise you that if I do, I will let you know.

Don't wanna spam with pictures, but you should know better hommages (Steinhart with subs/pilots), and chineese like Parnis and all the Pam hommages.

Tell you what, if you find a nice sterile/ hommage watch for me, I will put my money where my mouth is and buy it. Do something useful, and find me some nice watches that aren't replica.

I like these two:

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/index.php?i...amp;Sel_ID=9#14

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/index.php?i...p;Sel_ID=27#165

Although 800EUR for chrono is a lot, and that sub hommage is not perfect (clasp is cheap and endlinks that are not as nice as sub's), it's still hell of a watch, but Mary's DSSD is still nicer :-)

And yes, I give much more than $9K a year to charities

That's great! That's money better spend than any gen watch in the world.

I personally know people with such a money, and I'd never exchange my life on theirs. You just didn't get my point.

I know people with money too, I work with them. And rep watch would make me look ridiculous in their eyes, as many people assume that Rolex rep is to show off, and I do not wanna explain my love for watches to everybody.