techrigger

Kuvarsit TD FF Factory 116610LV Review

techrigger

This is mainly a picture based review.. but some pretty big observations from me.

Firstly I have three 116610LV reps..

A BP SA3135 based rep

A Noob V7 away for repair!!!

And now this latest FF Factory rep from Kurvasit..

Dial colour is easily the best I have had.. really stunning and goes black like the gen, the sunburst is stunning and ive tried to capture that.

The SEL are prettty good.. easily the best if all my Sub reps.. but I tend to be unlucky with SEL profile..

Bracelet is ok.. not bad but not the best.. but this is a 280 dollar rep!!

Movement is excellent.. in great shape and seals are working to 10ATM as tested today.. and it was a wet test also .. 45 minutes dry and then wet.. so very pleases with that...

Date is very clear and the actual dial cutout is pretty dam close to a gen.. and much better than all of my others.

Rehaut is engraved well.. not rough and looks very good.. alignment is spot on

Bezel is possibly a little dark but it is friction fitted not glued and the pearl is spot on..

Colour of Bezel markers is very good, bright and good depth..

Now the biggest down.. and a real shame...

The second hand is incorrect.. wrong length and is clearly not the correct hand.. which considering all the other things is a big let down.. easy to correct at the factory but not for me as the lume colour of my spare hands is slightly different..

Lume is excellent and If anyone wants it I can post a photo of that later..

So most of the photos will be the FF watch... and the last few will be the BP just to show the differences..

Look forward to your comments...

6a314342d58efebf0264a3509c7dbfe3.jpg35b3799a7a44fb2495119504fb055fd4.jpg1d2eb9959181db3a72960c1d9a3c544b.jpgb5ae0900b9236f677d5ca8717044b632.jpg68096906f346d458bfa398dccc6194cb.jpg14e2a28a2f75c03e38bde10c903d7602.jpgb163e34adca5c30a25ba0072adcbb839.jpgfeaa262f5daad1a527a3a37c78b32303.jpg8dd2fe4788ea644b2fc7b3d7acc8b290.jpg64fd5f06d78559fd09230855c5895b33.jpga75f180df80539452b01f66de6347694.jpg26280a98cf0cd1eda990d68b1af1b79b.jpgd008a50f9474ef51ffb932c9099a6c1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StayFleaky

That look a nice piece!!

FudgyDocker

MIne came from a different batch to yours, unfortunately, but my 2nd hand appears to be the right length. The tip of it meets the seconds marks,  if that's what you mean?

VohUBb.jpg

techrigger

No if you look at my picture with the second hand at 12, you will see that the lollipop covers the 12 marker slightly, the original has a smaller lollipop and sits just below the marker...Im wondering whether I can just order some good hands for the 2836 and if so any recommendations please..

FudgyDocker
10 minutes ago, techrigger said:

No if you look at my picture with the second hand at 12, you will see that the lollipop covers the 12 marker slightly, the original has a smaller lollipop and sits just below the marker...Im wondering whether I can just order some good hands for the 2836 and if so any recommendations please..

Saying that mine does as well. So it must be an issue generally with the second hands from that factory. I wouldn't really have noticed, but seeing as it wasn't anywhere close to  Noob money, there's bound to be one or two little niggles.

techrigger

To be honest, I like the watch a lot, and I prefer the second hand as it is, even though its not like the gen..but the dial and bezel are the best Ive had, truly beautiful dial in all lighting..the bracelet I have improved loads...removed it ..soaked it in White Spirit then rinsed and sprayed it with silicone lubricant..then rinsed again..looks stunning ..just like my 904 bracelet..the clasp isnt the greatest , could do with some rounding to the edges, but its definitely not the worst ..and fit is great, inner engraving is as good as any...for the money ...unbeatable in my book and the movement is spotless..no dirt as Ive had it examined today..really clean and oiled correctly.. apparently it even has incabloc shock on the balance.. timing showed zero beat error and after minor adjusment..running + - 2sd across five positions...so yes a great watch..

Even if we need to change the second hand its still a bargain..and Im sure the factory can change that easily on the next batch..i may get the black one if they do!!!...

jp09

@techrigger you stated, "soaked it in White Spirit then rinsed and sprayed it with silicone lubricant..then rinsed again".  

I have read others simply soak the bracelet in WD40.  Would you mind commenting on why your method might be better?  Tx - jeff

Edited by jp09

techrigger

Hi only just seen this... I find the white spirit removes the industrial left overs from manufacture.. especially makes the brushing look good.... then after rinsing and drying you can see the lustre in the metal and the smell has gone.. Silicone Libricant spray then deposits a film on the bracelet making the links and glide lock very smooth in movement and keeps the steel looking good... again no smell or residue is left

Jasonbaylee
Hi only just seen this... I find the white spirit removes the industrial left overs from manufacture.. especially makes the brushing look good.... then after rinsing and drying you can see the lustre in the metal and the smell has gone.. Silicone Libricant spray then deposits a film on the bracelet making the links and glide lock very smooth in movement and keeps the steel looking good... again no smell or residue is left

Thank you. Very insightful.

MrZoSo

Great review. Thank you! 

alfa1234

very interesting

alanArgon

All said I must say this hulk is the surest closest to gen hulk and its shocking how noob n arf can't get there right. IMO only rep lovers scrutinize watches to a T. From the general watch lovers even gen owners... No one looks at details like us. We do because we know it's rep and hope to see it as close as possible. For this FF hulk to look perfect. All u now need is a gen crystal or the prof Steve crystal. That will make this unbeatable. I m waiting for my FF v2 n will get gen crystal n change the clasp to my noobs clasp

alanArgon

Been looking at gen hulk on photos n in the real almost various lighting and angles. FF really close

techrigger

I agree ..
Its pretty close.. obviously the crown height is incorrect due to 2836.. but i think we make too much of that.. as a clone 3135 fools nobody.. it may set the time in the correct direction but the keyless works is much more of a giveaway.. and then if you open the case..
No amount of engraving will hide the poor dirty finish or awful decoration... lack of blue hairspring.. wrong balance .. painted reversing wheels etc etc... and its unreliable .. so 2836 for me every time..
Gen crystal is better obviously..its only the raised level that gives this away.. again im sure they will listen to feedback and adjust.
I will say the brushing on the lugs isnt as good as the arf or BP.. and the bracelet clasp not as good either...
But i still think its a stonkingly great watch...

Definitely the best Hulk available on balance and for any first time rep purchaser this is the all out best one.

BADBILLY

VFn643.md.jpg

I really like mine a lot. The Hulk get's noticed much more than my 116613LB, hands down.

Thanks again to Kevin !

Bigwhale

Hi Ive broken mine ff sub the bezel is glued in and not friction whilst removing the bezel i removed the crystal and lost the springs for the bezel Ill never learn 

SCShrek

Excellent write up bud but damn, I’m gonna have to buy my third hulk! Kevin thanks you! I have the FF in black. It’s become my daily. 

techrigger
Hi Ive broken mine ff sub the bezel is glued in and not friction whilst removing the bezel i removed the crystal and lost the springs for the bezel Ill never learn 

Thanks for confirming that.. i was sure it was friction as the fit was so good and i could see no glue.. i will amend the review to correct that..
Still a cracking watch..
Mine has gained 4 seconds in two weeks... is that COSC!!! Or quartz!!!!!!

Bigwhale

Mine two excellent accuracy 

Mkiv

For those that want to compare here is a shot of my VRF hulk which is probably the main competition to the FF model

VFFqCT.jpg

redjack2k

Curious, do both the Kuvarsit and the ARF dials appear dark indoors? I noticed my buddy's Hulk kind of "turned" dark and for a moment I thought he was wearing Black Sub. Has anyone looked at other dials and is this easy to replicate by the different factories?  Does VRF have that dial change?

Just like the AP Royal Oak, the Rolex Subs have so so many different factories repping it hard to decide!  Thanks in advance. 

Jasonbaylee

Even the gen dial on the hulk turns dark n even black when indoor yet it’s sunburst radiates beautifully under sunlight.

What a beauty!

alanArgon
2 hours ago, redjack2k said:

Curious, do both the Kuvarsit and the ARF dials appear dark indoors? I noticed my buddy's Hulk kind of "turned" dark and for a moment I thought he was wearing Black Sub. Has anyone looked at other dials and is this easy to replicate by the different factories?  Does VRF have that dial change?

Just like the AP Royal Oak, the Rolex Subs have so so many different factories repping it hard to decide!  Thanks in advance. 

My FF Turns Black like the Gen... And IMO, the Insert is the closest to Gen - I just brought mine and compare at a second Hand AD... and comparing through the window standing outside... it is 95% close. Why the 5% is because I know mine is not gen - period.

alanArgon

2vrwgw0.jpg

alanArgon

106buoz.jpg