Sign in to follow this  
wat44

scammers

wat44

I have wayyyy to many watches and have even more ordered and on the way...

so I really should sell some

but wat prevents the buyer saying he never got the watch and claiming the paypal refund? would I be screwed?

Luthier

Decency?

torobravo

I know how you feel... It happened to me. Deal only with old and trusted members.

wat44

good point - maybe I should say only buyers with 500 posts or something?

Waipio Jeff

Toro, do we have to be old? Can't we just be board veterans and trusted? :gday_mate_haveabeer:

kolchak

require signature for delivery?

wolfwood

Yes, it at least show someone at the address accepted the delivery. This would be cheaper than tracking.

Balad1

but wat prevents the buyer saying he never got the watch and claiming the paypal refund? would I be screwed?

I believe that if you can prove delivery through delivery confirmation or signature you would be ok.

Maybe just sell any expensive watches to VIP members?

MikeMcNair

From now on(after that 16 yr old pussy) I will deal with nothing but a VIP on here, and even then I will be leary. Way to fuck everything up for the rest of us you fucking child of a herpe!

Dammit I'm mad at him!

wat44

Are you going to lear at me?

wat44

I've got an idea - the "super duper trusted" status.

We start with a mod/admin and use the power of 6 degrees of separation. To be SDT, someone who is already SDT must personally vouch for you. Eg Andygt knows me biblically and trusts me implicitly, so he vouches for me. He is already SDT because kinky vouched for him...

KeNnY
From now on(after that 16 yr old pussy) I will deal with nothing but a VIP on here, and even then I will be leary. Way to fuck everything up for the rest of us you fucking child of a herpe!

Dammit I'm mad at him!

yep, stupid scamming kids omg... even, if that would be true, that a friend made a joke from him, still, I can't believe it, and think he had this planned long time ! And if I remember that these stupid folks are on ebay, that will receive an package and say there was nothing in it, I am mad also !

schmooze

I think the amount of posts is the start in determining if someone is above board. Last thing you want is to be smooled by a some kid.

Huds

I thought this myself recently when I sold a watch on here, I sold it someone whom was a newbie (yes I know I`m not far off that myself but I am at least VIP) so I photo the watch before packing then I filmed myself packing it and labeling it. I did it on my phone and when they emailed me saying they had recieved the watch and they were happy I deleted it. Not sure how it was stand up with a Paypal dispute or something like that but it would have surely helped ?. The only thing is this is fine for us as we would sell the odd watch here and there but could be a nightmare for the dealers as they are sending out hundreds a day I expect.

The amount of posts idea is good but I`m here a lot and post little so my post count is fairly low but If anyone was wairy of dealing with me I would happily give them my ebay ID (now up 426 100% positive) or my phone number and we could talk first or what ever made them comfortable with dealing with me ?

chum_2000_uk

Who's this? I missed this happening. What exactly happened?

Balad1

I believe that "super duper trusted" members should have at least 200 Tits and Ass posts.

wat44

yes - that is also a good idea (character merit points)

KeNnY
I thought this myself recently when I sold a watch on here, I sold it someone whom was a newbie (yes I know I`m not far off that myself but I am at least VIP) so I photo the watch before packing then I filmed myself packing it and labeling it.

mate, I do this also, with every package, even domestic ones... Thank god, that I still haven't sold something to a scammer like this smoola. Every transaction was clean and smooth.

greg_r
I think the amount of posts is the start in determining if someone is above board. Last thing you want is to be smooled by a some kid.

"smooled" :lol:

Love it.

KeNnY

yeah Smooled this will be new word for this type of scam ! :lol:

JohnG

First, always use tracking, second, if it is a high dollar item, choose who you deal with carefully....

powderfreak

If you sell stuff, make sure you get paid for a "service". I don't know what you guys can choose on paypal, but for me there is no gift option. Other than that I can pic, "Ebay goods", "other goods" or "services". I would want the buyer to choose services.

Why? First, this is what I choose to make sure my seller is fine. Second, I trust in the people I deal with. Up to now I only bought, and it was never a problem, because I have a close look at the guys I am buying from.

IMHO the one that is selling is much more likely to be the scammer. Yeah, that smoola guy is a prick and he proved, that you can never be certain. But no, I don't want to change the way I do business and I think it is ludicrous to make a video of me packing in a watch. Either you trust me and deal with me the way I want, or you don't, your choice...

Edit: Is there a chance to include some kind of feedback score on the board? RG, RWI and some others have it, and it's faster and more convenient than looking for written feedback in a seperate section.

gtwc
I know how you feel... It happened to me. Deal only with old and trusted members.

I am old, nearly 56. Does this count?

kan3

Simply stick to trusted members (VIPs) or just don't use paypal, use AP or anything else.

dingle
Simply stick to trusted members (VIPs) or just don't use paypal, use AP or anything else.

Ironic? :lmao: