jp09

Bezel inserts

jp09

I recently purchased a Pepsi 16710 from Andrew.  I will post a review with pics once it arrives.  I want to get a Batman bezel insert for it, and swap it in/out occasionally.  I hoped to get the thoughts of more experienced watch owners.

1. Aluminum, ceramic, or steel.
    • Which is better, or is this just a preference of look?
  2. Where to buy them?
    • I don't believe a Gen exists.  I quick google search yields a number of options, ebay, Amazon, etc.
  3. How likely is it that a 3rd party replacement insert will fit in my rep 16710?  Would a Gen insert fit (Black, Coke, etc)?
  4. Does it make more sense to also have a bezel with the Batman insert already installed and just swap bezels?
  5. Provided I swap the bezels properly, will routine swaps damage my rep?

Please feel free to comment if there are things I am not considering here.  Any comments will be greatly appreciated.  

GenTLe

You can't. The old GMT 2 (16710) was only available with Al insert and only with pepsi or coke (black/red) or all black insert.

You can't fit a ceramic insert in it, it doesn't fit.

More over the insert is glued to the bezel with one 3M disk (unless it will be a friction fit, which is rare in the reps). To replace the insert you then need to make the bezel to pop out and work from behing to unglue the insert. To me it seems just quite a stupid idea... You'll end up ruining your watch.

Get a ceramic Batman and use both watches.

Rokerite

The watch you have ordered (16710) is the aluminium type insert, the Batman (11670blnr) is an entirely different newer model with a different case, dial, bracelet and a ceramic insert, so would not be correct to put a ceramic bezel on the earlier model and that is if it fits anyway, the GMT hand is red on the 16710 and is blue on the 116710blnr, but if you want the watch to look as the gen is leave your 16710 with the original or maybe swap over the blue, black or black/red aluminium inserts. If you like the Batman buy that as well at a later date when funds allow. Just my opinion of course :D

jp09

Thank you, @GenTLe and @Rokerite .  I greatly appreciate your advice.