madbadger

Alpina Watches

madbadger

I recently purchased a Alpina Startimer Chrono off a nice chap here on RWG. Ive been looking at these watches for a while, there's a few jewellers in York that sell them and they always looked very good in the windows. This one came up at a bargain price so i thought why not......after a lot of debating (and loaning the money from my brother) I bought it and im very pleasantly surprised. The AR coating is fantastic, doesn't look as if its got a crystal on the watch.....build quality is second to none. Its the big date version i have and i didn't realise that the date is in two sections one numeral is lower than the other if you look at it from the bottom. All the hour markers and the hands reflect like mirrors and under my spy glass they are all bang on no crusty bits of Lume paint etc. What i really like is the seconds running hand actually lines up near on perfectly with every marker something a lot of quartz watches don't do. It didn't come with its original strap but i managed to pick a nearly new genuine leather one up for £50 (new are priced at £130)

simey83

Sound great mate, any pics? These have always caught my eye too!

Cheers

madbadger

Just signed up to the image software will put some pics up later. 

cvp3

Alpina watches are incredible value for dollar.

IMG-8498.jpg

madbadger
1 hour ago, simey83 said:

Sound great mate, any pics? These have always caught my eye too!

Cheers

I must admit after seeing them in shops they do look rather special. I think the cheapest watch is around £500 quartz obviously, automatics are around a grand, I couldn’t go as far as that. I’m not really bothered about chronographs but this looks nice. It feels really well made and the crown stem is really thick, looks like it won’t bent very easily. 

Will get some photos uploaded as soon as I get accepted 

madbadger

a few shots of my Alpina....

Vg5Zg6.md.jpg Vg5DDq.md.jpg Vg5E10.md.jpg Vg5WLF.md.jpg Vg51VI.md.jpg

simey83

VERY nice, mate. Thanks for the pics. Added to the never ending list :)

Cheers

cvp3

She's a looker.

brang1

I have about 3 Alpina’s , sold a couple too. Everyone was top shelf, finish etc. way above the price point 

madbadger

Just wish the lume was good, doesn’t last long at all. This watch with tritium on the main fingers and at 3 6 9 and 12 I would say it would be my all time go to watch. 

Floridasam

I was looking for a beefy diver and found a great deal on the 1000 meter Alpina. Very nice. 

20190308-155848-01.jpg