Steve36

Best place to sell a Gen?

Steve36

Fellas I’m in the process of looking around to sell one of my Gens to free up some cash, obviously I’m after the best price I can get, and wondered if any one can recommend any decent and fair watch buyers ??

I've tried watchfinder so far as per the tv ad, and they offered me really shit money..... so there out!

The watch is a Gen Breitling chrono-avenger M1. 

Appreciate any feedback chaps. 

Edited by Steve36

Khronos

Definitely don't do it here :D

I've sold a couple on Watchuseek M2M. Every deal was buttery smooth. But you do need 100 posts in order to be able to sell. I'd avoid eBay like the plague.. 

simey83

You could try here, but gens seem harder to shift here these days. Maybe "next door" on RWI? Higher priced franken reps fly off the shelves there. Gens might shift too :)

Cheers

deju

Sold a Breitling on ebay it was fine but fee's are a PITA. I've never sold a gen over 1k online though. 

There is Chrono24 as well. 

The gen watch section on RWI is worth a punt. Frankly I'd rather deal with someone with credibility online so couldn't hurt if a fellow member buys it.  

simey83

Also eBay do the £1 selling fees quite regularly. I have sold plenty of high value items on there. But you always need to be weary :)

Cheers

Steve36

I’ve sold high end watches on eBay in the past and by the time they take their cut and then PayPal sting you on top it’s a bit of a disappointment :(

most of the online companies promise the best prices etc but end up undercutting you as there trying to get the best mark up and profit from your watch, way of the world I suppose, but not prepared to lose a grand off the value as watchfinder just tried  with me..... cheeky bloody monkey sods! 

I’ll take a look at chrono24

thanks fellas

Edited by Steve36

simey83

Do no harm to let it sit on here too, you never know :)

Piccolo

What colour dial do you have? Full set or just the watch? 

Chrono24 is expensive, and rarely gets you a Sale at decent money.  They offer money back if no sale but it’s a hassle to actually get, and in my experience they won’t give it if you’ve had an offer (even a bad one)

eBay gets you the most exposure, but obviously comes with a large amount of timewasters and trouble. Wait for a £1 fee weekend and get it listed then.  

Steve36

It’s the black dial with champagne inner chrono dials, full titanium set boxed and even still have the Breitling bag that it was carried out the store in, it’s just been checked serviced and tested in Feb this year and got 2 thumbs up! 

Sexy military chrono 1000m wr and quite special due to the fact the pushers can be used and operated whilst under water at depth etc, as per Breitling sales guff  

GingerApple
31 minutes ago, Steve36 said:

It’s the black dial with champagne inner chrono dials, full titanium set boxed and even still have the Breitling bag that it was carried out the store in, it’s just been checked serviced and tested in Feb this year and got 2 thumbs up! 

Sexy military chrono 1000m wr and quite special due to the fact the pushers can be used and operated whilst under water at depth etc, as per Breitling sales guff  

NO BACKDOOR SELLING ALLOWED!!!!!!

How much do you want for it?

Steve36

I wasn’t mate - just answering a question from above from Picolo ;) 

GingerApple
4 minutes ago, Steve36 said:

I wasn’t mate - just answering a question from above from Picolo ;) 

But if you were....

VikcBd.jpg

narikaa

He's already told you

The best price he can get

Piccolo
1 hour ago, Steve36 said:

They are a nice watch.  It’s a Chrono Avenger M1 - not a chronomat though?  SuperQuartz movement is very very accurate, and in the Titanium it wears really well.  

edwinowl

I've sold via TOF Omega forum before but again you need 50 posts. I'd try here and next door though, you never know, just don't forget to ask permission :blink:

Steve36
2 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

But if you were....

VikcBd.jpg

Mate stop pressuring me I’ve told you at least £2000 times or there about that I won’t back door sell. :)

GingerApple
1 minute ago, Steve36 said:

Mate stop pressuring me I’ve told you at least £2000 times or there about that I won’t back door sell. :)

:rofl:

Good for you! It's a terrible thing!

elp
5 hours ago, Khronos said:

Definitely don't do it here :D

I've sold a couple on Watchuseek M2M. Every deal was buttery smooth. But you do need 100 posts in order to be able to sell. I'd avoid eBay like the plague.. 

You can try here, but it will likely be slow. I would usually use WUS, start building up your count ..... slowly as they can reset you for postwhoring (ask me how I know)

deju

Are you open to trades?

I have a ginger that is of no use to me, runs slightly slow, Ginger plating is waring off or if you want something more dressy a french aristocrat that works intermittently.

GingerApple
18 minutes ago, deju said:

Are you open to trades?

I have a ginger that is of no use to me, runs slightly slow, Ginger plating is waring [sic; wearing] off or if you want something more dressy a french aristocrat that works intermittently.

You can't be referring to me as being of no use to you - I'm kept busy correcting all your spelling mistake as above!

I doubt you're referring to Glaude either, unless by 'intermittently' you mean 'once every ten years or so'.

deju
8 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

You can't be referring to me as being of no use to you - I'm kept busy correcting all your spelling mistake as above!

I doubt you're referring to Glaude either, unless by 'intermittently' you mean 'once every ten years or so'.

waring and wearing are both acceptable by definition :lol:

once every ten years would have him as Worker of the year in France surely?

Steve36

Sorry no trades at this time unless the trade is a sexy looking babe who seems to be a nymphomaniac with a wide on that resembles a sleeping bag with a bust zip...then, I may be interested... especially if she wants to buy my watch ;)

BenjaminButton

GLWS

Steve36

Thanks mate