Logixa

Combining a 3804 GMT and a 4813 high beat

Logixa

Alright, so heres the plan. Or at least the desired outcome.

my watch currently has a 3804 movement (GMT version) in it and its a 6-ticks movement while it should be a 8-ticks. There is a 4813 movement who is basically a 2813 but only high beat. 

I want to transfer the GMT parts of the 3804 to the 4813, together with the seconds pin/wheel, canon pinion and hour wheel because the pins on the 4813 are too low.

It sounds doable. Am I missing something?

@GenTLe @ROLIE @NCRich @Glaude

PS: I am not doing this to make it "more gen" mambo jambo. I just like the smoothness of a high beat more.

Tagging the local jester

@GingerBubba

GingerApple

I've no idea what any of this means. Go away.

Logixa

pff. calls himself a modder..

Nikosaldente

Curious about the answers you get from the "Gurus"

GenTLe

If I'm not wrong, the 4813 high beat isn't available anywhere anymore... The ones at cousins UK and at Ofrei are low beat.
Also eBay seems to have the low beat ones.
If you find the Hb one you can try, but I don't know these movements well so I can't say if the parts will fit between them...
Instead of putting the GMT parts on the 4813, I'd just replace the escape wheel, pallet fork and balance wheel on the GMT one :)

Logixa
2 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Instead of putting the GMT parts on the 4813, I'd just replace the escape wheel, pallet fork and balance wheel on the GMT one

son of a bitch. Thats a lot easier :rofl:

BabaNJ

@Logixa  where are you able to get a high beat 4813?  I thought it was all 21k bph dg2813 being sold as 4813 as well. 

NCRich
6 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

If I'm not wrong, the 4813 high beat isn't available anywhere anymore... The ones at cousins UK and at Ofrei are low beat.
Also eBay seems to have the low beat ones.
If you find the Hb one you can try, but I don't know these movements well so I can't say if the parts will fit between them...
Instead of putting the GMT parts on the 4813, I'd just replace the escape wheel, pallet fork and balance wheel on the GMT one :)

This.

Glaude

My only question is

How much will you charge for that in your next M2M listing .... :shitstir::D 

Logixa
5 minutes ago, Glaude said:

My only question is

How much will you charge for that in your next M2M listing .... :shitstir::D 

3 baguettes, 5 croissants and a madamoiselle for the work :rofl: 

@BabaNJ I know this guy right, he has a girlfriend and his girlfriend know this person that works in the mcdonalds. The mcdonalds guy once went to Asia on a trip and saw a guy at a bus station. That guy said something about watches and that he knew someone. 30481 people further, someone was able to source the movement :rofl: 

Its ebay, I just bought this one:

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/New-Classic-vintage-PARNIS-Date-DG-4813-automatic-mechanical-Watch-Movement-/183234074027

I asked him if it truly is a 4813 high beat. Judging by how it looks, it seems that the rotor is the biggest tell on what version it is. Only the 4813 has that eta lookalike roto on it. The 2813 seems to have the miyota or ventilated version

GingerApple
17 minutes ago, Logixa said:

son of a bitch. Thats a lot easier :rofl:

Is that what £100 gets you? That clarity of thought and expertise that few shoddy tinkerers, sorry I mean few professional watchsmiths, can provide?

Glaude

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "i'd buy that for a dollar"

oscarmadfish
56 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

I've no idea what any of this means. Go away.

:rofl:

Logixa

fuckers.

GingerApple

Perhaps it wasn't a brilliant idea of yours to start this thread immediately after holding yourself out to be a watchsmith.....

And those £2000 worth of tools aren't much use if you don't know how to use the fuckers.

VFZlFX.jpg

Logixa
1 minute ago, GingerBubba said:

Perhaps it wasn't a brilliant idea of yours to start this thread immediately after holding yourself out to be a watchsmith.....

And those £2000 worth of tools aren't much use if you don't know how to use the fuckers.

VFZlFX.jpg

fuck it. this shit is funny as fuck :rofl: