John_grover72

Omega fully functioning chronographs?

John_grover72

I’ve been trying to locate a fully functioning omega planet ocean chronograph but can only seem to find it ones with only the second sub dial working..

anyone know why this is and if there’s fully functioning copies available?

GenTLe

They exist, maybe are you looking on AliExpress or DHGate for cheap ones? Check in our TD (Trusted Dealer sites) and you'll find them.

For instance: https://www.theonewatches.ru/index.php?route=product/product&path=375_380&product_id=6417

In any case it is strongly advised to avoid using a chrono on these modified 7750 reps...

John_grover72

Thanks for the response GenTLe

Ive looked around quite a bit but all I keep seeing is the 3:00 sub dial functional.

i was just wondering why this as I already own a Tag Link chronograph with all sub dial functioning and it’s been running for over 5 years with no problems at all but these omega reps are looking pretty hard to locate?

I was thinking the 7750 movement was a very reliable chronograph movement so puzzled why you would steer clear..

could you recommend any better clone movements?

Edited by John_grover72

GenTLe

Mate, they tell the sub at 3 is working because it is a special one with 2 hands on it and in the first models it was not working. The others subdial work normally: the one at 9 shows the running seconds (run always).

A7750 is quite reliable (especially if serviced) in his native configuration: running seconds at 9, minutes at 12, hours at 6

CV2010.BA0786.jpg?ssl=1

But the Omega isn't like this.

John_grover72

Many thanks for clearing this up.

So all in all the Omega chronograph is a bit of a gamble with its configuration 

I was pretty much set on one of these but only a high end fully functioning clone as the £6000 on the gen is a little bit much to explain to the misses.. ha ha..

00-20075_1.jpg

Cap'n
9 minutes ago, John_grover72 said:

Many thanks for clearing this up.

So all in all the Omega chronograph is a bit of a gamble with its configuration 

I was pretty much set on one of these but only a high end fully functioning clone as the £6000 on the gen is a little bit much to explain to the misses.. ha ha..

00-20075_1.jpg

Don't tell her - just ask if she likes the new one and let her assume it's another rep :D

John_grover72

If only I could get away with that one..

sherlock Holmes has nothing on her!!

I’ll be strung up for sure..:blink:

GenTLe

Well, in any case consider that mechanical chronographs aren't made to run the chrono all the time, and I mean genuine ones too.

If you don't play with the chrono, the reliability of these watches aren't bad: the base module of the 7750 is always the same and having it running seconds at 9 that part isn't modified.

John_grover72

So there is the possibility of the  7750 movement being modified to run the 3 o’clock sub dial hour/minutes as the original but not as reliable?