Kylemc7

Daytona 116520 Franken, 4130 clone

Kylemc7

Hello guys. 

I hope a few people could help me out and maybe give some feedback/pointers.

I wouldnt class myself too much of a newbie in the Rep world but far from an expert!! I have 2 Subs which were purchased from Bk Garage (Black Sub Date and Hulk) which I absolutely love, both to me are fantastic, apart from very minor flaws they are great and get worn alot..........ANYWAY, i have just not been able to stop looking at the noob Daytona since the 4130 clone movement was released, I think its great what Noob have done.........I NEED one and I'm just about to pull the trigger,the one for me is the 116520 Stainless Bezel with Black Dial. 

I have read S**T loads of reviews and seen the flaws on the Noob like sub dials too thick (Why has this still not been corrected!!!) and off/shallow font on the bezel etc...

My plan is to pull the trigger on the Daytona 4130 clone and dip my toe into the Franken world and look for a gen dial, bezel and crystal...... probaly easier said than done!!! 

Can anyone recommend the best places to look for gen parts and also best places to have the work carried out, I'm not brave enough to attempt it myself. 

Do other FRANKEN fans have any pointers please? 

Also any input as to recommendations, advice or even criticism would be appreciated. 

I'm not hearing too much criticism of the 4130 clone movements so far, please correct me if I'm wrong. 

All input, pics welcome. 

Thanks very much 

MD12112

Ive done a review of the 4130 clone. Please have a read. 

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/149056-noob-clone-4130/

Noob dials are absolute rubbish , but watchfinder did a comparision using what appears to be noob daytona superclone.

I have frankened my own clone, spent a good £1k , dials , needles, dcrown. Machining the case for full symmetry. Source; ebay , wait for deals...they do come. 

Kylemc7

What a great and in depth review! 

This has now definitely made me think twice, I was hoping I wasn't rushing into buying the 4130 clone. 

I was sure there would be some teething problems but it seems NOOB have some serious work to do to bring it up to close to reliable. 

£600 is already alot to pay (Granted it's 20 times cheaper than Gen price) and especially if the watch will need to be operated on frequently to repair various cheaply made parts!! 

I'm now considering buying some gen parts for one of my subs or looking at another Rolex model......... Hmmmm. 

Any recommendations on other close to gen reps with reliable movements out there? 

Thanks 

Stufuse

New v2.2 subdials and tiext are improved are fine. ARF Dial still more pleasing to the eye though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MD12112
10 minutes ago, Stufuse said:

New v2.2 subdials and tiext are improved are fine. ARF Dial still more pleasing to the eye though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you got one?? Some TDs say there is no v2, its a gimick

MD12112
2 hours ago, Kylemc7 said:

Any recommendations on other close to gen reps with reliable movements out there? 

I cannot and will not comment on the aesthetics as I have not studied them in detail compared to a real one for all the models, however the best mechanism is definitely using the Swiss ETA 2824 or 2836. All of the clone mechanisms are dicey, and the clone 3xxx are inferior compared to eta 28xx .

I personally have an ARF dssd , and I converted it with a 2824 breitling chronometer movement, its married up very well. Presumably you can do the same with a submariner, my next project!

deju

The clone movement is the best replica movement I’ve had, that said some one stripped 3 and found that the QC isn’t that great so if you’re buying a gen dial I would advise getting the movement serviced! 

Gen bezel

Gen dial 

Gen Crystal 

if im honest if going balls deep may as well get

Gen hands 

project all in probably £2500-£3000. Several modders on RWI can do this and if you check past m2m you’ll see a few frankens and one that was the set up you’re looking at. 

Gen parts crop up on RWI for the Daytona 

then TRF, then eBay, but with eBay you need to know what you’re buying. Chrono24 has parts but at top whack 

MD12112

Re clone ; only handfull of people will service them other than those on forums or through TDs . Also in clones @deju is right , if you choose clone movements .... service them . By the way only SH31xx clones are decent , other clones (SA) are hit and miss even after service.