nikkorbot

Looking for a rep friendly watchsmith near Seattle/Bellevue, WA

nikkorbot

Hopefully the title says it all. I've got a Rolex Explorer I with a decorated 2824-2 with a busted balance spring from an overzealous self-amateur hour regulating. :sad: 

It'd be great to get it working again- looking for any help in the greater Puget Sound region.

Thanks!!

nikkorbot

No takers? I've been calling around a few shops in the puget sound, and haven't found one. 

TRANSPORTER

You could try and find a balance complete on the bay and swap out your old one yourself

hanski
On 15/06/2019 at 06:32, nikkorbot said:

Hopefully the title says it all. I've got a Rolex Explorer I with a decorated 2824-2 with a busted balance spring from an overzealous self-amateur hour regulating. :sad: 

It'd be great to get it working again- looking for any help in the greater Puget Sound region.

Thanks!!

Hi, I’m located in West Seattle. I’m a hobbyist but I’ve been cutting my teeth on some good projects. Let me know if you still need help. 

BenjaminButton
Hi, I’m located in West Seattle. I’m a hobbyist but I’ve been cutting my teeth on some good projects. Let me know if you still need help. 

The hobbyist repairers journey can be a very rocky one once he starts taking on other members pieces. Perhaps have a chat with one of our prison wardens about this before taking any other members watches. On the flip side I’d love it if some of our experienced tinkerers shared their experience ... a kind of evening class GTG format, perhaps. Just a thought. Then we ‘the useless’ could really get busy fucking all our watches up. Boost sales ...could be sponsored by a TD.

Rokerite

RWG watch tinkering evening classes, I like it. Would S Steal be expelled? ;)

BenjaminButton
RWG watch tinkering evening classes, I like it. Would S Steal be expelled? 

I’m sure he offers tutoring when personal issues - across the board it’s always personal fucking issues or I left my staff in charge and that’s when it all went wrong. I’m imagining a far more relaxed amateur, tea and cakes, type affair.

MasterCap

Digging up an old thread... Anyone have any luck in the SeaTac area finding a good watch-smith?

hanski
5 hours ago, MasterCap said:

Digging up an old thread... Anyone have any luck in the SeaTac area finding a good watch-smith?

As I mentioned above, I’m here in the area...

The_Proctometrist
5 hours ago, MasterCap said:

there are a number up in vancouver, canada if you are interested at least 10.  pm me

stfrance
7 hours ago, MasterCap said:

@hanski is quite professional. If you have read his some of vintage work threads, you don't need to find any other watch-smith. 

You are lucky because  @hanski is willing to help you out. Sometimes, it could be hard to find a rep-friendly watch-smith around. 

Moreover, he is in your area. Just PM him.. 

Edited by stfrance

hanski
1 hour ago, stfrance said:

@hanski is quite professional. If you have read his some of vintage work threads, you don't need to find any other watch-smith. 

You are lucky because  @hanski is willing to help you out. Sometimes, it could be hard to find a rep-friendly watch-smith around. 

Moreover, he is in your area. Just PM him.. 

Thank you for the kind words sir! 

stfrance
3 minutes ago, hanski said:

Thank you for the kind words sir! 

One of the privileges on this forum is to have well talented members like you..

Thank you for being a big help here..:D