ADK46r

replica or not

BadPickle

How did you get the safe open? 

Enthusiast88
40 minutes ago, ADK46r said:

I didn't buy this.  I purchased a home and there was a safe left in it.  Owner didn't remember the combo and said I could have it.  Managed to get it open and found this along with a few others I mentioned above.  

I will use this and the others to learn the nuances that make this a rep.  I will also use it to work on and learn.  

Now time for reading all the great threads on here and getting more educated.  

Again, I appreciate the help.

Nice! How did you open the safe ? 

Edited by Enthusiast88

ADK46r
1 hour ago, Enthusiast88 said:

Nice! How did you open the safe ? 

It was the kind that took 4 AA batteries.  I put in new batteries  and just messed with it every chance I got.  I had it in the back of my truck for  about 3 months to take it to a locksmith.  Then last week I went to mess with it some more and it was open....so not sure how that happened.  Ha.  I kinda wish I had a better story about how I opened it.  

Enthusiast88

And found a handful of reps inside... not bad  :) would be better if they were gen but then again I’m sure the previous owner wouldn’t have left it behind if they were. 

Livebythebody

But why they keeping reps in a safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatarms

Something stinks.

Joeboy
On 18/06/2019 at 14:47, ADK46r said:

It was the kind that took 4 AA batteries.  I put in new batteries  and just messed with it every chance I got.  I had it in the back of my truck for  about 3 months to take it to a locksmith.  Then last week I went to mess with it some more and it was open....so not sure how that happened.  Ha.  I kinda wish I had a better story about how I opened it.  

I have one of these safes but the batteries are on the inside so you have to open it to replace them, it’s got a master key to open it should you forget the combination. 

Must of been a bugger to get off of whatever it was attached to as again the fixings are usually on the inside.

Anyway glad you got it open and shame it only had reps inside....

ADK46r
On 19/06/2019 at 15:45, Joeboy said:

I have one of these safes but the batteries are on the inside so you have to open it to replace them, it’s got a master key to open it should you forget the combination. 

Must of been a bugger to get off of whatever it was attached to as again the fixings are usually on the inside.

Anyway glad you got it open and shame it only had reps inside....

Rest assured, I won't be using this safe. Ha. 

I couldn't have imagined they guy left those and all of my looking around here over the past year I suspected they were not real.  I am however excited about working on them.  Gonna start with the one posted here.  

First step is buy the tools.