Sign in to follow this  
pfcdre

One of those moments

pfcdre

Well yesterday i had nothing better to do, so i took my mv agusta f4 "senna" out for a spin and met some friends at a popular bike meeting spot, i was wearing my omega smp rep from lay,well i saw a guy called john who i know wears a gen smp

earlier version[no red writing]cool. I took my bike jacket off and noticed his eyes fix straight to my wrist. After a coffee, and when the conversation died down i metioned to him about "resetting chrono at 5to 5past" to prevent costly repairs,we compared our watches,chrono function and sweep of the hands.At no point did he ask or make any suggestion that mine could be a rep, and to be honest i didnt tell him, should i have? im still not sure. What i do know is i was chuckling inside cause his was 2,500 pounds and mine was 250 dollars lol, anyway just wanted to share my experience.Cheers

Member X

lol

Sounds like it's a good rep if it passes the side-by-side test! :(

KBH

Once again, it just proves that most people either don't know or don't care.

Aren

Sounds like the only issue is...you felt guilty.

My suggestion...

DON'T

Wear it and enjoy it. :(

David543

My suggestion...

DON'T

Wear it and enjoy it. :(

+1 - Sounds like it is a very good rep and I'd be pleased with that!

Now lets see a photo of the bike :)

Edited by David543

pfcdre

My suggestion...

DON'T

Wear it and enjoy it. :rofl:

Your right Aren, i felt after, maybe i should have mentioned the fact it was a rep. But i didnt want to possibly incur his wrath, and in the situation it would have been awkward. But i didnt lie, and if asked i would have been honest, yes your right i have also come to the conclusion that generally people dont care and that suits me fine cheers, more important to me was the fact apart from movements these watches were very similar, i thought the bezel colour would be a give away but no

so guess the price is biggest difference, i can live with that,yey :D

pfcdre

My suggestion...

DON'T

Wear it and enjoy it. :rofl:

+1 - Sounds like it is a very good rep and I'd be pleased with that!

Now lets see a photo of the bike :D

Hi Dave no problem ill go take some now,should be on in next hr,cheers

Del

Ha, ha - good story! You were right not to tell him it was a rep and since he didn't ask then you've nothing to feel guilty about. :rofl:

pfcdre

Here's some pics of my bike hope you like,she's an italian mv Agusta f4 1000cc,very fast,she has titanium de-cat,race end cans,modded ecu,gilles foot pegs,and mono-posto[single seater] hope you like the pics Dave cheers.Oh sorry didnt polish her before the pics sorry not lookin the best.

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

Brembo radial brakes, Marchesinesi wheels,Agostini frame my pride and joy, dont have quick cars anymore,just were not quick enough, but believe me this one satisfies my needs lol

samurai dave

Now that is a good story, I only tell if asked and then only if pushed.

I am amazed by how little people know about their own expensive watches, they just dont care.

Your bike on the other had is mighty fine, ride it well, enjoy your watch and make the most of the summer days.

Dave

powderfreak

The SMP Chrono: :rofl:

The MV Agusta: :D:rofl::drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

IMO it is, together with the Duc, by far the best looking superbike. 'course the Japanese may be faster, but just loooooooooook at it ;)

Baldrick
I am amazed by how little people know about their own expensive watches, they just dont care.

Ain't that the truth, they usually can tell you what it is, how much, where they got it, but little else :lol:

chum_2000_uk

That is one of my favourite bikes..... I hate you!

baruch

GOOD FOR YOU MY SON!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY THE WATCH youd eserve itt :)

pfcdre

Thanks for the kind replies, seems to be more bike enthusiasts than i thought on here, although our common denominator is i guess fine engineering,wether it be a watch, bike, car, or bus shelter lol if its its well made and engineered, us chaps will appreciate it, cheers all

Member X

Personally I'd remove the pic with your numberplate in it :Whistle: but then I'm a paranoid android :)

pfcdre
Personally I'd remove the pic with your numberplate in it :Whistle: but then I'm a paranoid android :)

Done cheers guess i just trust everyone on here,but yer never know, a smoola might just come along i dont wanna get "smoola,d" lol

Member X

It is a fact that some people from the Gen world (and manufacturers!) keep an eye on these places! And who knows who else... :Whistle::)

chum_2000_uk
dont have quick cars anymore,just were not quick enough, but believe me this one satisfies my needs lol

That's why I learned to ride, had quite a few quick cars in my early 20's, 287bhp MK II MR2 Turbo was the last real quick car I had (definitely low 5s to 0-60) but I had enough of them... then when I learned to ride I realised cars are scrap compared to bikes! I only had a CBR 600, but it was awesome. Would still make most supercars look silly. Will get another bike as soon as I can afford one again and have somewhere to keep it (no garage/ garden at the mo in my current place).

Edited by chum_2000_uk

pfcdre
It is a fact that some people from the Gen world (and manufacturers!) keep an eye on these places! And who knows who else... :ninja: :lol:

Ah shit yeah,did not even think of that cheers member x, never crossed my mind.

pfcdre
dont have quick cars anymore,just were not quick enough, but believe me this one satisfies my needs lol

That's why I learned to ride, had quite a few quick cars in my early 20's, 287bhp MK II MR2 Turbo was the last real quick car I had (definitely low 5s to 0-60) but I had enough of them... then when I learned to ride I realised cars are scrap compared to bikes! I only had a CBR 600, but it was awesome. Would still make most supercars look silly. Will get another bike as soon as I can afford one again and have somewhere to keep it (no garage/ garden at the mo in my current place).

Hi Chum yep same for me my bike lives in my forcourt with 2 covers. Your right about the cars, and with todays speed camera's everywhere its easier to have some fun, and going through traffic[filtering] is very satisfying. some car drivers really are ok with it, others hate it to the point of almost knocking us off to prevent getting past them.

Huds

Mate that is a lovely bike... where abouts down south are you ?....

I`m in Margate but get out down Rye/Hastings way a lot and have been heading up to Rykas cafe boxhill surrey a lot recently, We recently combined hastings, brighton then boxhill avoiding all the motorways etc.

David543

Oh my GODDDDD

I firmly believe you are either a biker or your not. I had bikes from when I was 16 and can't get enough acceleration or speed. Had to give them up 10yrs ago as my wife didn't want to be a widow. But I miss them every fucking day.

Pfcdr, your bike is sheer beauty. It is clear you actually ride that beauty. The acceleration must be out of this world. My last bike was a Suzi 750, nothing in the MV class and my cars have been a futile and expensive way to get close to that feeling of being at one with a bike. I love everything about it, gold upside downs, carbon fibre. Awesome.

Chum, there is nothing 'only' about a cbr600, classic midweight sports, committed light handle beautifully. 0-60 time sub 4 seconds for almost no money, makes 911 look slow :lol:

The engineering quality of a bike is like having a GP racer on your drive, astounding bike!!!

Cheers for the pics, VERY appreciated mate.

David

Edited by David543

othniel888

Your MV Agusta is SWEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!!

MikeMcNair

Fuck watches, that bike is sex!!!! Makes me miss my R6 even more ;)

Ride safe and wear the watch in good health bro