Sign in to follow this  
pfcdre

One of those moments

chum_2000_uk
Chum, there is nothing 'only' about a cbr600, classic midweight sports, committed light handle beautifully. 0-60 time sub 4 seconds for almost no money, makes 911 look slow :bounce:

Yeah I absolutely loved it. It was the 600F, so a bit of a nod to sports tourers. Think about 107bhp which was about what all the other 600 sports at the time were putting out. I really want a 600RR to be my next bike, I'm hoping to get one either late this year or early next, depending on how things go with my job.

Member X

I've never ridden and I don't think I should - I like going quickly too much in a car already :bounce: and I make too many mistakes! I can't fall off a car LoL :unsure:

Huds
Chum, there is nothing 'only' about a cbr600, classic midweight sports, committed light handle beautifully. 0-60 time sub 4 seconds for almost no money, makes 911 look slow :bounce:

Yeah I absolutely loved it. It was the 600F, so a bit of a nod to sports tourers. Think about 107bhp which was about what all the other 600 sports at the time were putting out. I really want a 600RR to be my next bike, I'm hoping to get one either late this year or early next, depending on how things go with my job.

I`ve had two of them, a 1995 fs was my first bike then a 1998 fw later on, great bikes. I took a 2008 cbr600rr out last year before I bought my current bike (2010 gsxr 750) and it handled like it was on rails loved it on the twistys just when I got on the straights I noticed the difference in power between that and the K2 1000 I had at the time. The 750 is perfect for me as it has enough power for me and its so light plus insurance is better than the thou since my licence took a battering last year (yep these bikes make going too fast easy!!)

pfcdre
Mate that is a lovely bike... where abouts down south are you ?....

I`m in Margate but get out down Rye/Hastings way a lot and have been heading up to Rykas cafe boxhill surrey a lot recently, We recently combined hastings, brighton then boxhill avoiding all the motorways etc.

Hi Huds yep been to boxhill a few times, bury hill is quite close im in hants so local meeting spot is a cafe called loomies, i hate motorways with a passion to be honest, but there's some decent A roads with some nice twisty's. if your ever riding around near here mate shout me i'll buy you a cuppa cheers. Oh like yer gixxer mate i had a k6 750 for a couple of years,she made me look better rider than i was great bike,had telepathic steering lol

chum_2000_uk
I`ve had two of them, a 1995 fs was my first bike then a 1998 fw later on, great bikes. I took a 2008 cbr600rr out last year before I bought my current bike (2010 gsxr 750) and it handled like it was on rails loved it on the twistys just when I got on the straights I noticed the difference in power between that and the K2 1000 I had at the time. The 750 is perfect for me as it has enough power for me and its so light plus insurance is better than the thou since my licence took a battering last year (yep these bikes make going too fast easy!!)

Yeah, I think it will be a really good bike for me to hone some skills with. I only had my CBR for less than a year before I had an accident and dislocated/ fractured my shoulder, so couldn't ride for a bit. The bike was a write-off too, and due to a job move to Bristol I've not been able to afford another one yet.

Two things I loved about riding, the sheer involvement in riding - every journey was interesting. You can't just go on autopilot like you do sometimes when driving a car, riding a bike is so much more visceral. And the ridiculous ease at which they can accelerate.... loved being able to be riding at 30mph one second, and a few seconds later you can be doing a ton! Nothing like it... grrrr..... I really want another bike every time I think of it! Been thinking about it a lot lately. Haven't ridden a bike for over 18 months now!

Luthier

Nice pics of the watch, thanks!!!

:bounce:

Felipe

lol good story. people really don't care. I find myself hiding my watch sometimes to prevent any awkward moments but I am getting over that from reading your stories. NICE RIDE!!

vfsvfl

Nice story --the rep owner knows more about the gen watch than the gen owner.

Things that make you go ---hmmmm...

chum_2000_uk
Nice story --the rep owner knows more about the gen watch than the gen owner.

Things that make you go ---hmmmm...

Probably because if you want a good rep you have to do your research, not always the case with buying a gen, unless of course you are buying it privately, in which case you'd be wise to. Having said that, when spending that much on a gen watch, I do tend to research it to death, but I do that with any expensive purchase. I'm all about value for money!