k4jun

Paul Thorpe?

k4jun

So, dear fine Brits, was this guy really such a widely known watch dealer?

SteveA

Who the fuck is he

FudgyDocker

Never heard of him, but if you're deep in the AD world, he may be a known face.

G_sus

His videos certainly suggest he used to be an AD

The stories they used to be on his channel about AD’s and other sellers getting robbed, and the violence that they faced is pretty scary though - Gotta guess if you got what someone else has, they will go to ANY lengths to get it...

BadPickle

Isn’t he the retired Australian record breaking freestyle swimmer? 

simey83
18 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Isn’t he the retired Australian record breaking freestyle swimmer? 

:rofl:

Edited by simey83

BenjaminButton

Clearly he was a contender. But he doesn’t like to talk about it. He’s probably passed through and tried to sell a few trinkets here or there with stories of gens and cars and houses and lifestyles of the rich and famous ... all from his caravan on the Costas. Delusional dipshit.

Clearly he was a contender. But he doesn’t like to talk about it. He’s probably passed through and tried to sell a few trinkets here or there with stories of gens and cars and houses and lifestyles of the rich and famous ... all from his caravan on the Costas. Delusional dipshit.

BadPickle
24 minutes ago, BenjaminButton said:

Is that an echo? 

25 minutes ago, BenjaminButton said:

Is that an echo

BenjaminButton

It’s my beloved Tapatalk showing me up.

p1hype

Never heard of him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrZoSo

Archie loves him.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

FudgyDocker

This dude's offices were a couple of miles from me, so he must be pretty local. Based in Brighton, about 25 miles away

VMSG

What a BS...

semperfi55

(Not)Widely known for the wrong reasons

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=684784

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?453115-Paul-Thorpe-is-back

His son Jamie Thorpe was caught selling fakes for gen prices. Which is hilarious given how he emphasises on how he is a top honest bloke and bemoan watch scammers.

https://www.watchpro.com/fake-rolex-dealer-hit-with-8-year-bankruptcy-restrictions-order/

Unsavoury associations aside, boring videos. At least TGV rambles with plagiarised material, this guy sits in a car and use 30 mins to give 3 mins worth of content :Sleepy:

JohnMG

It made me laugh when he was going on about a friend who was annoyed because he couldn't sell his Sub purchased from an AD , and make loads of money , as the AD now holds the warranty card back. 

He also said this person 'had fell on hard times' etc and unforeseen circumstances meant he had to sell his Sub. If this was genuinely the case, this person would have been happy to get back what he paid for it, and not be after a massive premium price. People in the UK also understand the warranty card policy and you can still sell your sub for lots more than retail with the agreement the buyer gets the warranty card when the seller receives it from the AD. 

In short , my opinion is Mr Thorpe is just trying to get clicks and moneytise his YouTube videos just on the back of click bait and Rolex in the title. 

I do think he was a pre owned Rolex dealer before this recent ridiculous Rolex bubble.  I personally wouldn't buy two candles off the man as he looks and sounds extremely dodgy. Also , as someone else mentioned, his son was prosecuted for selling replicas as genuine. The saying 'the apple doesn't fall far from the tree' comes to mind. 

Even if Mr Thorpe never sold a dodgy watch, he is now just pursuing wealth through social media and click bait. 

Again, just my opinion. 

Edited by JohnMG
Typo

JohnMG

YouTube use certain algorithms, and if your title includes a words searched for quite often, it is easy to acquire new viewers. Mr Thorpe has just used the word Rolex to appear on all watch entusiasts YouTube suggestions. Then when enough people follow his channel, he will start making money for just providing click bait hidden as advice. 

Jimmyrich1
On 01/07/2019 at 14:41, pickledbeetroot said:

Is that an echo? 

Is that an echo

wYxkSce.jpg

JohnMG

I heard Paul Thorpe has five hundred absolutely genuine Rolex 'Comex' watches for sale.  :fear:

semperfi55
34 minutes ago, JohnMG said:

I heard Paul Thorpe has five hundred absolutely genuine Rolex 'Comex' watches for sale.  :fear:

It must be genuine though. He’s an honest, decent bloke. Also he’s a retired watch dealer now, so he’s not trying to make a quick buck. 

That said, I am intrigued by this Brighton Watch Show that he has organised for mid October. 600 tickets sold out in 4 days. 

https://watchdealers.com/show

Given his luck with security (3 robberies apparently), I’d be worried for the dealers and ticket holders.

JohnMG
1 hour ago, semperfi55 said:

It must be genuine though. He’s an honest, decent bloke. Also he’s a retired watch dealer now, so he’s not trying to make a quick buck. 

That said, I am intrigued by this Brighton Watch Show that he has organised for mid October. 600 tickets sold out in 4 days. 

https://watchdealers.com/show

Given his luck with security (3 robberies apparently), I’d be worried for the dealers and ticket holders.

I was obviously just joking, but I am not entirely sure how I feel about Mr Thorpe's videos. He seems genuine, but, again, I just personally think he has realised the potential of making money from adverts during your YouTube videos.