Chunko

Grand Carrera Calibre 17

Chunko

Hi all, newbie here

I've got a Calibre 17 that I've had for years and wear almost every day. Unfortunately the crown has snapped off :(

Can anyone recommend anyone who could repair this? Alternatively, where could I get a top quality replacement watch?

Thanks

Rx4Time

1. Can you clarify snapped off?  Did the stem break but it will screw down, or is the tube stripped? 

2. Is it a replica or genuine? 

Chunko
3 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

1. Can you clarify snapped off?  Did the stem break but it will screw down, or is the tube stripped? 

2. Is it a replica or genuine? 

Thanks for the reply 

It's a rep and the stem seems to have snapped. 

I'm trying to upload a picture but I'm having difficulty.

Thanks 

GenTLe

Quartz or automatic?

If automatic: high quality one with 7750 fully working chrono or low quality with fake chrono and low end movement?

If it has 7750 it's possible to fix just replacing the stem with a new one. If it's a low quality with something like a 21j cheap movement, it's still possible to fix it, but does it have any sense?

If it's a quartz: get a better watch... The cost of repair will be more of the cost of your watch...

By the way, this isn't a review, and should be moved here -> https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/forum/11-watch-repair-upgrade-reference/

Plus please don't double post (see here -> https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/150042-grand-carrera-calibre-17/ ).

Chunko

Thanks for all the advice