northantsrich

Review of ZZF New Sub 116610 LN

northantsrich
This is just a quick review of my first impressions of the new ZZF New Sub 116610 LN. 

So I only got this today and I feel I need a few more days before I give a full review. Overall my first impressions are its really good on the surface but unfortunately its let down by a few small little issues. Hopefully these issues will be solved in the next version.  If they solve the below then this will be a pretty good watch. 

Positive
- Best bezel and pearl I have seen (I have owned BK Subs and TC Subs)
- Bezel turns nice and tight and feels like the gen
- Clasp is spot on and feels like the gen

Negative (see pictures)
- Internal engraving is off at the 12 mark (see pic)
- The serial number is slightly crooked
- The bracelet seems to have a lot of give in it and you can see the holding bar when at an angle. NOW fixed thanks to a small tap with the watch hammer.
- Luminescence on hands is different shade to that on the dial in certain light (a BIG tell)
- Round hour markers give have a ripple effect in certain light. Again not sure this is the case on the gen and is a BIG tell. You can see what I mean here https://imgur.com/a/4gTAHwN 

TyE47td.jpg

utufylm.jpg

bfDG2e4.png

Mj4YjZ1.png

Kwcp5Zj.jpg

W3YcOC2.jpg

Edited by northantsrich

BadApple

Is this the watch lauded up in the form of a comparison / review recently on here? 

Genius

I'd be tempted to give the bracelet a little tap with a hammer, looks like the fixed link at the top is is coming loose..

Not one of these though

31YBWdCG3+L._SX300_QL70_.jpg

One of these

41dEVleZaTL._SX425_.jpg

northantsrich

Yes it’s the very same one. 

constanttime

to get a ARF or N bro, ZZF just a joke.

northantsrich
On 10/07/2019 at 13:12, constanttime said:

to get a ARF or N bro, ZZF just a joke.

So with only 3 posts to your name do you want to elaborate on that last statement a little more please? 

GingerApple

That looks pretty decent! Insert looks awesome as does the date font. Rehaut engraving looks a tad wank admittedly. Are the six and nine markers rounded on the corners? Looks like they might be.

northantsrich
On 08/07/2019 at 18:49, Badapple said:

Is this the watch lauded up in the form of a comparison / review recently on here? 

Yes, it's not all that it's cracked up to be. It's got the typical why can't you Fuc#@ing get that right by now stuff still wrong with it. 

northantsrich
10 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

That looks pretty decent! Insert looks awesome as does the date font. Rehaut engraving looks a tad wank admittedly. Are the six and nine markers rounded on the corners? Looks like they might be.

The insert is hands down the best I have seen, so is the bezel mechanism, the outer-bits are a little sharp but thats an easy fix. Also the clasp is the best I have seen on a rep sub.

BUT

If you check out this clip https://imgur.com/a/4gTAHwN you can see the dial moving round in the sun. Its a nice dial but not sure how accurate the dimple effect around the circular hour markers is, also if you check this one out https://imgur.com/a/f5zloIj you can see that the Luminescence on the hands is not the same as on the hour markers. This last point is something that I honestly thought the rep world had sorted and was an QC issue they had left behind them. 

Edited by northantsrich

GingerApple

I quite like that dial effect! I've no idea how Gen like it is (or isn't), but it's cool! Wet look! Hands look alright too in that. It looks good in the video.

processengr

I have seen this before on glossy dials, my "AirGate" for one,  it is like the dial plate got distorted where/when the indices were installed.

FoxWilde

I’ll bet the dial would be good on an ARF or a noob. Maybe it’s time to Frankenstein some reps up!

kuvarsit

I have told you guys nobody make it better then Noob . Submariner is noobs work! Just leave it for noob. Let noob do it for you! 

i Am sure many ppl say arf. My option is always noob and I am even using one . Dived 20m down to the water was so impressed when I saw my watch is still working . That was the time when I put my hands up for noob 

SCShrek
25 minutes ago, kuvarsit said:

I have told you guys nobody make it better then Noob . Submariner is noobs work! Just leave it for noob. Let noob do it for you! 

i Am sure many ppl say arf. My option is always noob and I am even using one . Dived 20m down to the water was so impressed when I saw my watch is still working . That was the time when I put my hands up for noob 

Just out of curiosity Kevin, how many rep watches do you currently own? So many go through your hands, how do yo not just have one of everything? :ohwell:

CurioLeo

The biggest tell is that it is a brand new black Sub. Walk into any AD you like, all the sport models have a sign "Display only" and hardly any are the black Sub. You aren't  buying a new black Sub for love or money right now, nor have been able to for quite some time.   Also, almost everyone assumes a Rolex is a "fake" - most aren't informed enough to differentiate between a high end replica or fake ... so, just "fake" it is.  Finally, the typical perception of Rolex is perfection so anything not perfect just perpetuates the myth that almost all Rolex watches in the wild are fake.

constanttime
9 hours ago, northantsrich said:

So with only 3 posts to your name do you want to elaborate on that last statement a little more please? 

I apologize. What I said didn't go through my brain.

ShovelnTC

Still looks like a good first offering and I believe it's a little cheaper than the Noob/ARF.

From your pics and the ones I've seen from other forum members the crystal/cyclops looks a little better than the others so overall for the average Rep buyer it still looks like a solid choice.

Of course for those that are looking for perfection this will never do but for the rest of us I think it's a decent option.

I'd like another 6 digit LN but with the prices for them now touching $500 I've been procrastinating for over a year and will likely continue to.

Enjoy your Sub and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

BadApple
11 hours ago, northantsrich said:

Yes, it's not all that it's cracked up to be. It's got the typical why can't you Fuc#@ing get that right by now stuff still wrong with it. 

I smelt a rat when I saw the post. I got shouted down for saying it wasn’t a comparison but a sales pitch. 

northantsrich
On 12/07/2019 at 06:33, Badapple said:

I smelt a rat when I saw the post. I got shouted down for saying it wasn’t a comparison but a sales pitch. 

Well you were right it WAS and IS a sales pitch. The fact that they don't point out the obvious is a big issue for me, that thread should not have been pined IMO. I'll not be buying any more watches from that particular TD. 

northantsrich
On 12/07/2019 at 04:35, ShovelnTC said:

Still looks like a good first offering and I believe it's a little cheaper than the Noob/ARF.

From your pics and the ones I've seen from other forum members the crystal/cyclops looks a little better than the others so overall for the average Rep buyer it still looks like a solid choice.

Of course for those that are looking for perfection this will never do but for the rest of us I think it's a decent option.

I'd like another 6 digit LN but with the prices for them now touching $500 I've been procrastinating for over a year and will likely continue to.

Enjoy your Sub and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I was looking for super rep status so that should give you an idea why I might seem overly critical. Having said that if you are not looking for that and you just want a decent rep that will fool 99% of people then this is a good watch.  I am just a bit peeved that the pinned thread did not highlight the issues that I could clearly see. Its very def a very slanted sales pitch that avoids things that a wrong with the watch. 

If you are looking for a super rep I would pass on this. Also if any other "comparisons" are posted on the forum by the TD then I would wait until a member gets hold on one and makes a REAL review that members can trust. 

Pierre Sec

The pearl is step 1 when i look for tells on a sub. So at first sight, it looked prommising to me. The crooked serie number would not be an issue for me. I have a gen and never looked at the number.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

Glaude
10 hours ago, northantsrich said:

Well you were right it WAS and IS a sales pitch. The fact that they don't point out the obvious is a big issue for me, that thread should not have been pined IMO. I'll not be buying any more watches from that particular TD. 

They never hid the fact it was sales pitch, they even said it numerous times in the post. They accepted and took all critics pretty well.

The post was pinned because despite "hiding" some flaws, it was a very nicely done comparison topic, with some good info.

Common sense is asked when you read such post, you can guess that they'll minimise the flaws of the product they are trying to sell, not specific to the replica world.

Del
On 13/07/2019 at 16:17, northantsrich said:

I am just a bit peeved that the pinned thread did not highlight the issues that I could clearly see. Its very def a very slanted sales pitch that avoids things that a wrong with the watch. 

If you are looking for a super rep I would pass on this. Also if any other "comparisons" are posted on the forum by the TD then I would wait until a member gets hold on one and makes a REAL review that members can trust. 

I noticed that you didn’t point out these “issues” in your own sales thread for this watch, or provide a link to your review... :Thinking:

MetalMickey
11 minutes ago, Del said:

I noticed that you didn’t point out these “issues” in your own sales thread for this watch, or provide a link to your review... :Thinking:

Busted :spank: